Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The Chinese Cars - MG7 and Roewe 750 > NAC & SAIC
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 9th November 2013, 20:33   #11
Alan_G
Posted a thing or two

MG3

Quote:
Originally Posted by psmith View Post
I wasn't expecting an lcd display for outside air temp and trip computer with mpg etc. They should push this more on the brochure as its a good selling feature which is not fully advertised. Its unusual to get tyre pressure monitoring as standard as well. Have you felt the hill assist control or traction control working? I understand it has a brake wiping system as well to ensure the brakes are in optimal working condition in the wet.
I cant say I have noticed hill hold control although it is there. I have not turned off the traction control to notice a difference but after some narrow road driving in a storm where the car felt glued to the road, its certainly a positive. The brake wiping feature you don't feel, I believe it does it every so often during heavy rain. Again on my driving during the storm the brakes felt great.
Alan_G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th November 2013, 20:40   #12
psmith
Avid contributor

MG 3 style Lux, Rover 45 Cub SE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan_G View Post
I cant say I have noticed hill hold control although it is there. I have not turned off the traction control to notice a difference but after some narrow road driving in a storm where the car felt glued to the road, its certainly a positive. The brake wiping feature you don't feel, I believe it does it every so often during heavy rain. Again on my driving during the storm the brakes felt great.
It all sounds great. Ill be counting the weeks down. Get ready for the photos!
psmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th November 2013, 20:44   #13
Alan_G
Posted a thing or two

MG3

Quote:
It all sounds great. Ill be counting the weeks down. Get ready for the photos!
I look forward to them!
Old 9th November 2013, 20:46   #14
AURORA MG
Banned

(EX)-ZT-T190SE in Aurora.

Quote:
Just been down to test drive the MG3 and liked it so much that ive configured a 3Style Newton Black. Paint quality was spot on and gap/panel alignment looks good. Great spec for money. Cant wait for it to arrive.
I like it in Newton Black with the Red Sebring stripes!!

In a way I wish the 3 had come out a month earlier (as it was supposed to have!) I wasn't in the market for another car as I have 4 currently but saw a new Ford Fiesta ST2 on a dealer forecourt one night & decided to look in the day time (only really to see what it was like & hopefully diss it) trouble was I got the brochure, test drove it & went round dealers looking at different colours/prices etc & fell in love with it.
After doing all this we got to go to the local MG Garage & took out the MG3 & I really like it but I got hooked for some real Hot Hatch fun & the MG3 fills only the boots of my sporty Rover 25GSi which I said I would never sell but really oddly enough I was at work locally recently & a friend/fellow MGR enthusiast passed me while valeting a customers cars & we got talking then about my car & he asked if I would sell it. I said only to an enthusiast & only at the very very right price.

Long & short is we struck a deal on the car as it is with all the nice bits on at £4150.00 for my 2006 Firefrost Red Rover 25GSi which I would likely be daft not to accept!
This would have been a substantial deposit for the MG3 & a good replacement but sadly in some ways we all got so wowed with the real fun factor & sound of the Fiesta ST2 as it reminded me (fun wise) of our ZT260SE so I put a deposit down yesterday on a Molten Orange ST2 with most options for March 1st.
Never ever thought I would buy a Ford let alone a new one but to hell with it.

Thing is other than body size there is no comparison to an MG3 so there is no way one can say the 3 is rubbish in comparison as the MG3 Style is £9999 & my ST2 is £18,600 so almost double so in a different league.
A little annoyed with myself for not keeping with tradition but I think the 1.5 engine in the MG3 lacks output for the engine size especially when you consider Ford get 125BHP from a 1 litre. If there was a hot MG3 I would say 95% I would have bought it though I recieved the new full MG3 brochure in the post yesterday & was reading it just before I wrote this!

A friend of mine who lives locally who I have been trying to get back in an MG for ages is due to put a deposit down on a White MG3 in the next week or so.

Last edited by AURORA MG; 9th November 2013 at 21:09..
AURORA MG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th November 2013, 22:07   #15
psmith
Avid contributor

The engine is a 1.5 dohc fuel injected engine with a 0 to 60 in the region of 10.4 Seconds (Chain driven cam) so its no slouch, but does need to be revved to get the performance from it. It is not in the same league as an ST so if its compared to cars of the same group then it has an advantage. Other rival vehicles within the same group claim to give a high mpg, but if you go onto real mpg websites then they are overestimating the true mpg. I'll report actual MPG values achieved once ive driven it for a while.
Old 9th November 2013, 22:30   #16
AURORA MG
Banned

(EX)-ZT-T190SE in Aurora.

I really hope the MG3 does well then they might expand the range & options unlike they have done for the MG6.
That is one of the reasons for me being hesitant as they seem to have no interest at all in doing anything re the MG6. Certainly a lot more promising on the MG3.
I fancied a Newton Black with the Red Sebring stripes, red vent bezzels etc, piano black dash topper, red mirror caps & probably the standard trim as it has more of a colour contrast than the leather.
I was then thinking today what it would look like with a set of 17" beefier alloys & I recon it would give it a really good stance.
Colouring the front & rear bumper inner sections a Gloss Black would look nice on most models (red or silver on Newton Black).
AURORA MG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th November 2013, 22:43   #17
psmith
Avid contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by AURORA MG View Post
I really hope the MG3 does well then they might expand the range & options unlike they have done for the MG6.
That is one of the reasons for me being hesitant as they seem to have no interest at all in doing anything re the MG6. Certainly a lot more promising on the MG3.
I fancied a Newton Black with the Red Sebring stripes, red vent bezzels etc, piano black dash topper, red mirror caps & probably the standard trim as it has more of a colour contrast than the leather.
I was then thinking today what it would look like with a set of 17" beefier alloys & I recon it would give it a really good stance.
Colouring the front & rear bumper inner sections a Gloss Black would look nice on most models (red or silver on Newton Black).
I suppose its all about getting bums on seats to enable them to expand the range. Looking at the brochure ive ordered the hope and glory roof with the trophy stripe bonnet (white) and then colour configured the door mirrors to match the stripe. Ive kept the standard diamond cut standard alloy wheels and then inside had the piano black with red interior pack and black key
Old 9th November 2013, 22:49   #18
tareim
I really should get out more.......

MG ZT+ 160 v6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan_G View Post
I love the wheels and the headlight badges.
have you got any pics of these headlight badges? would be interested in seeing what they look like
tareim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th November 2013, 15:19   #19
Alan_G
Posted a thing or two

MG3

Just checked and I don't, will get some tomorrow in the daylight and post them up.
Old 11th November 2013, 12:40   #20
Alan_G
Posted a thing or two

MG3

As requested (don't mind the rain!)