Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Closed Thread

Old 5th June 2010, 08:20   #111
Roverowner
Retired

CDTi Tourer 2005

Quote:
Originally Posted by djw40 View Post
Blimey 10,00 members - didn't realise that.......

In which case, can I respectfully ask who is treasurer, and how has the £100,000 generated this past year been invested please?

Oh and I'm also still waiting for my welcome pack.........
This is the biggest problem with -owned- clubs. Doesn´t happen over here. Every year a general meeting where the books are scrutinized and the way forward planned. Elections (sorry for swearing)
Old 5th June 2010, 08:48   #112
FredSpencer
Passed Away

Typhoon ZT 190+ Saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by djw40 View Post
Blimey 10,00 members - didn't realise that.......

In which case, can I respectfully ask who is treasurer, and how has the £100,000 generated this past year been invested please?
The total membership figure includes both subscribed and unsubscribed people. Most people who join don't subscribe and equally they don't use the site much, if at all, so the 10,000 + figure is meaningless. It's just a running total of the number of people who have joined up.
Old 5th June 2010, 08:51   #113
Roverowner
Retired

CDTi Tourer 2005

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredSpencer View Post
The total membership figure includes both subscribed and unsubscribed people. Most people who join don't subscribe and equally they don't use the site much, if at all, so the 10,000 + figure is meaningless. It's just a running total of the number of people who have joined up.
There you see what good information can accomplish. If one was informed about how much there was in the kitty occasionally then doubt probably wouldn´t arise

Pete has all my sympothy regarding his parents but a short note on here would have stopped a lot of -wondering-
Old 5th June 2010, 09:20   #114
icogger
Regular poster

75 Saloon CDT

Quote:
Originally Posted by markbloke View Post
For my part I'm now uncomfortable here. I'm uncomfortable with seeing people banned who were very much dedicated to the vehicle (which surely is the raison d'être of this place) and to running a quality forum. Outright banning rather than demotion from moderator makes me feel loyalty to the club as a business is the number one consideration rather than dedication to the vehicle and the membership.

I'm probably even more uncomfortable with censorship and whip-cracking witnessed in post #34:

OK I've said my piece. I don't think I'm the only unhappy camper here for the reasons I've mentioned above. If it's unacceptable to either of the directors here then it's probably best I get banned too.
'Hear hear' if I'm allowed an opinion with my small number of posts. The comments made by mod in post 34 do not seem in keeping with my experience of this previously open and friendly forum over the past 4 years of 75 ownership.
Old 5th June 2010, 09:30   #115
Robson Rover Repair
NI/ROI RS

ZT-T 190 / 75 Diesel x3 / 6 door limo / 216 Cabby / Rover 25 van

Thanked 1,046 Times in 568 Posts

Seems to be a natural progression of forums now days, hard not too as people invest time, effert and money into clubs and such. VW clubs ive known to do this twice annually with members and such.

Well persoanlly I dont know the politics (im a .org user also) and will be using all three sites now equally. Personally I cant see it being an issue myself long term.

I would however think it would be respectful to the forum mods to be unbanned (unless something has occured unknown to general forum) for their years or service and such to making not just the forum, but the gernal experience of owning the car better.

I still think my suscription is justified as this site is a wonderful resource however, look at the double din thread for a wonderful example of how the forum has helped shape that.
Old 5th June 2010, 09:31   #116
FredSpencer
Passed Away

Typhoon ZT 190+ Saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roverowner View Post
There you see what good information can accomplish. If one was informed about how much there was in the kitty occasionally then doubt probably wouldn´t arise
I was intending staying out of this but that's obviously gone by the by. It seems to me that people who start a website can run it how they want and there's no question of 'members' having a say other than by invitation. All of us who are regulars on here know the set-up. It's our choice whether we stick around or not depending on what we feel we get out of it. For some it's a serious business solely about preservation of our cars. For others, me included, more of a social matter. The ideal would be a balance between the two. Whether any subscription is good value is what is important, but that can only be determined by each of us on an individual basis, so how much is in the kitty is irrelevant.

I've not spoken to anyone directly about it and until yesterday had no inkling of what was going on. I do, however, think the split is a shame, given that it only really involved those that own the site and those that looked after the daily operation of it in some way. For my part I want to stay in touch with a lot of the people I've had contact with before, in the simplest way possible. Having to keep an eye on two forums is going to make that harder (I hate to miss things and I had enough trouble keeping up before).

I suspect it's too late for any sort of reconciliation and I don't know what the solution is to my problem with all this. Maybe I should set up my own forum. On the other hand, cars don't seem to last too long with me so maybe it will all be taken out of my hands and I'll be driving some little grot box before too long.

In the meantime I hope the owners of both sites get what they want out of them.
Old 5th June 2010, 09:31   #117
eurorover
Posted a thing or two

MG ZT

I also did not agree with the comments in that post i thoght it was out of order.

As for the companies accounts they should be listed with Compnies House as it is a limited company.
Old 5th June 2010, 09:53   #118
Tractor Boy
Posted a thing or two

75 contempary, ZT now sold

never mind the politics, for me at least, this club has been invaluable in my owning and running and indeed keeping my car, having run a car club myself before the days of the internet I can say its a hard job to do and a thankless task wich many members take for granted, I am a member of other sites but cant remember the last time I looked at them as this one has all the info I need and some great and helpfull members. Isay good luck to the guys on their new site and yes I have had a look, but im still a big fan of this one. Keep up the good work guys and let us all enjoy this site for what it is.
Old 5th June 2010, 10:00   #119
windrush
This is my second home

December 2004 Rover 75 2ltr CDTi Connoisseur SE HL Tourer

Thanked 3,015 Times in 2,347 Posts

One thing to remember its not the directors or the mods that make a club what it is its the members themselves and if you take the HOW TO information this has been supplied mainly by members
Club Member No. 96 / Forum User No. 111
REGISTRATION to the club as a member FREE, FULL MEMBERSHIP is £10

WE WILL REMEMBER THEM
Old 5th June 2010, 10:06   #120
Tractor Boy
Posted a thing or two

75 contempary, ZT now sold

we all need each other to make this work
Closed Thread