Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > V8 Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 6th October 2018, 21:57   #21
marinabrian

MG ZT

Thanked 10,837 Times in 5,718 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac61 View Post
Is Les in love with Brian?
I doubt that very much, but are you offering
marinabrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th October 2018, 22:02   #22
mac61
Loves to post

MG ZT 260

I don't think you would be interested Brian, as I am one of what you call an "elitist" as I own a 260 V8. But, there again they do say love is blind!
mac61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th October 2018, 22:12   #23
trikey
Premium Trader

Rover 75

Thanked 14,831 Times in 8,030 Posts

I have owned three 260's? Does that make me an elitist

I just wish MGR had used a decent V8 engine, and finished the cars off as they should instead of letting them out of the factory with that 'rushed' feel.
Old 6th October 2018, 22:15   #24
mac61
Loves to post

MG ZT 260

Quote:
Originally Posted by marinabrian View Post
Ironically when I was reading this elitist drivel,

Brian
Brian said it first!
Old 6th October 2018, 22:16   #25
marinabrian

MG ZT

Thanked 10,837 Times in 5,718 Posts

Quote:
I don't think you would be interested Brian, as I am one of what you call an "elitist" as I own a 260 V8. But, there again they do say love is blind!
Pah, unimpressive Les has a blown motor, and all you need to know is I have owned a Mk2 ZT260SE.

One of the briefest periods of car ownership ever, not the briefest mind you, but close and nothing would tempt me with another.

As I said earlier, a fool and his money are soon parted, and that's what I make of the LHD car that is the subject of this thread.

Many V8 owners are nice normal blokes, Les is one of these people, what I can't stand is the owner who truly believes he has something special, and how he is better than the other 75 or ZT owner when they are not, they are simply different.

ND23, and David can bleat on all they like about how good their cars are, while looking down their noses at mere mortals, but sensible people know this is not really true

I wonder what the owner of 213 would make if they knew the part which made their V8 run again, came from an 1800 Classic with steel wheels

Brian
marinabrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th October 2018, 22:42   #26
trikey
Premium Trader

Rover 75

Thanked 14,831 Times in 8,030 Posts

I just don't get the 'parking in a circle' at Longbridge....
Old 6th October 2018, 22:44   #27
mac61
Loves to post

MG ZT 260

Quote:
Pah, unimpressive Les has a blown motor, and all you need to know is I have owned a Mk2 ZT260SE.

Many V8 owners are nice normal blokes, Les is one of these people, what I can't stand is the owner who truly believes he has something special, and how he is better than the other 75 or ZT owner when they are not, they are simply different.

ND23, and David can bleat on all they like about how good their cars are, while looking down their noses at mere mortals, but sensible people know this is not really true

I wonder what the owner of 213 would make if they knew the part which made their V8 run again, came from an 1800 Classic with steel wheels

Brian
Your point about the owner of 213 is irrelevant as all car manufacturers raid the parts bin to save money, The irony is when a standard replacement part costs more because it is for a more expensive model in the range.

A few years ago a friend with a Ferrari 355 had to replace the slave cylinder. It is the same part number as a Fiat Punto but cost over 3 times more when you say it is for a F 355

Last edited by mac61; 6th October 2018 at 22:52..
Old 7th October 2018, 05:18   #28
Les4048
This is my second home

Rover 75 Tourer/ MG ZT-T 400

Thanked 1,523 Times in 869 Posts

Quote:
Is Les in love with Brian?
Nope but I do have a great respect for him. His opinion of the V8 doesn’t bother me, why should it? I appreciate what he’s saying about them and he and Andy have a great knowledge of the V8 but like them I’m not blinkered or feel I’m in the class of the elite. I hear what they’re saying but I still love my V8 and why get all defensive over it.

Last edited by Les4048; 7th October 2018 at 06:00..
Les4048 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th October 2018, 06:03   #29
Les4048
This is my second home

Rover 75 Tourer/ MG ZT-T 400

Thanked 1,523 Times in 869 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by trikey View Post
I have owned three 260's? Does that make me an elitist

I just wish MGR had used a decent V8 engine, and finished the cars off as they should instead of letting them out of the factory with that 'rushed' feel.
Andy that makes you an ultra elitist
Les4048 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th October 2018, 08:23   #30
ND23

Not disclosed

Quote:
Ironically when I was reading this elitist drivel,................
What elitist drivel? I'm struggling to keep up with your fantasies. The original post was about a rare LHD V8 Tourer and the subsequent comments related to it's rarity. Perhaps you could elaborate on where the 'elitist' bit comes in.
Quote:
The old saying is very true in this case, a fool and his money are soon parted
Pretty insulting and totally uncalled for, a subjective comment and really not necessary, it doesn't add anything to the debate it just wildly criticises anyone who is prepared to pay over the odds for something they want by using a very old hackneyed phrase. Most people who buy a large screen TV could fall into this category, why use it in this context?
Quote:
Just because something is rare, does not necessarily make it desirable, I happen to own a car far rarer than a LHD V8 tourer, but not many people would wish to own it.

I have only owned this particular car for 29 years, and I wouldn't swap it for any LHD 75 or ZT V8.
I wish you would stop 'banging on' about how 'rare' your car is, you are almost starting to sound elitist, that must be the third or fourth post you've mentioned it, ever heard the expression 'reverse snobbery?'

Quote:
It's just as well we are not all the same or life would be boring indeed, but make no mistake there is nothing special about the V8 variants that make them better than any of the others, they are simply different

Brian
That's about the only sensible thing you have said and something on which we can all agree which is why I cannot for the life of me work out why you have this fixation that everyone who owns one of these variants is elitist and feel the need to make a 'funny' comment on every post relating to these cars dragging the whole post off topic.

Quote:
Totally agree, I can't stand them either so why do you insist on hijacking every single post made about these cars with some 'amusing little quip?'
Quote:
Where the hell did that come from? What justification can you possibly have for making that statement. Again, a very insulting comment made without any foundation whatsoever. I have never, ever 'bleated on about how good my car is' and certainly never 'looked down my nose at anyone.' Why would you make such nasty comments about people you know nothing about without any justification whatsoever? You really are sounding more and more like Donald Trump now, but whatever 'floats your boat' I suppose.

Quote:

Brian
Probably couldn't care less.

I can only hope and pray that you read this and take the time to reflect on your wild accusations and assumptions. I am not elitist and do not think I or my car are better than anyone else's, I would be very interested to find out why you have made that assumption about me. You apparently think anyone who owns a V8 is by definition elitist but that's just stupid and that's your justification for hijacking all the posts about V8's is it?
ND23 is offline   Reply With Quote