Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 2nd September 2018, 17:43   #1
Mark190
Avid contributor

MG ZT

Default Advice needed from newcomer

Hi all newcomer to this site in need of assistance. Got an MG ZT190V6 54 plate with the dreaded soaking wet foam under the carpet. I have fixed the sunroof drain tube with the pipe connector modification but am now faced with the prospect of seats and centre console out to get the carpet out. I have pulled some of the panels off, taken the footrest off and pulled the carpet as far back as I can towards the drivers seat. At that point I sat back and questioned whether I have time, patience or indeed confidence to do it on my own bearing in mind I am out in the car park where I live with no garage or even driveway to work in. Are there any members out there who are reasonably close to Tamworth Staffs who would consider doing it for me. I would be very grateful for any help or words of wisdom or encouragement as its quite stressful at the moment just trying to decide what to do with it. Many thanks.
Mark190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd September 2018, 18:09   #2
Outlaw 41
Loves to post

MG ZT

"DONT PANIC"! Hi Mark and welcome, what part are you particularly phased by ? You seem to be ok so far . One of the first jobs that i had to do was cure a wet boot which is a common problem because the wet comes in through the back light seals . Out with the silicone job done .
Outlaw 41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd September 2018, 19:11   #3
Mark190
Avid contributor

MG ZT

Default Advice needed from newcomer

Hi all newcomer to this site, I have owned Rover & MG cars for a number of years now and currently own an MG ZT 190SE V6 54 plate. I am suffering with the dreaded soaking wet foam under the carpet at the moment caused by the sunroof drain tube leaking into the drivers footwell. I have fixed the leak by using the pipe connector modification but obviously now face the prospect of taking the carpet, centre console and seats out. I have taken some of the panels off, taken off the footrest and pulled the carpet back towards the drivers seat to have a look underneath. At this point I sat back and had to decide what to do next and questioned whether I had the time, patience or confidence to do it on my own bearing in mind I am out in the car park where I live with no garage or driveway to work in. Are there any members out there who are reasonably close to Tamworth Staffs who have done this job before and wouldn't mind doing it for me as its quite stressful at the moment trying to decide what to do with it. Any words of encouragement would also be much appreciated! Many thanks.
Old 2nd September 2018, 19:15   #4
trikey
Premium Trader

Rover 75

Thanked 14,831 Times in 8,030 Posts

Get a dry replacement carpet before you start the job, it takes about five weeks of sunshine to dry a wet carpet out!!
Old 2nd September 2018, 19:22   #5
Mark190
Avid contributor

MG ZT

Hi mate thanks for the reply, well to be honest I sat there for a while pondering whether to first disconnect the battery and make a start on removing the seats but then I slowly realised what a big job it is and if I was confident enough to tackle it. Its one of those tasks that once you start theres no going back.
Old 2nd September 2018, 19:23   #6
Outlaw 41
Loves to post

MG ZT

Have a read of the new buyers guide its full of info .
Outlaw 41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd September 2018, 19:26   #7
SD1too
Doesn't do things by halves

Rover 75 2.5 Connoisseur Auto (1999) Dealer launch model.

Thanked 3,749 Times in 3,181 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark190 View Post
Are there any members out there who are reasonably close to Tamworth Staffs ..
There are Mark. I remember reading a couple of posts very recently. Hang in there and I’m sure that they’ll be along very soon.

to the club by the way.

Simon
Old 2nd September 2018, 19:37   #8
stocktake
Vis Whiz

Rover 75 2.5 auto Saloon

Thanked 3,056 Times in 1,621 Posts

Go along and have a chat here. Great bunch. Unfortunately I cannot make this one but you will be made more than welcome and it will give you confidence.
https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/for...d.php?t=286846

Lost a few stones and a Gall Bladder and part of a bile duct and all of my dignity in the suppository incident
stocktake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd September 2018, 19:54   #9
Mark190
Avid contributor

MG ZT

So many lovely replies from you guys, giving me confidence already. Ive been looking at this site many times over the years but never got around to joining up. Thanks Simon just had a look at that its at Four Ashes near to Cannock my home town, born in Cannock now living in Tamworth.
Old 2nd September 2018, 20:04   #10
stocktake
Vis Whiz

Rover 75 2.5 auto Saloon

Thanked 3,056 Times in 1,621 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark190 View Post
So many lovely replies from you guys, giving me confidence already. Ive been looking at this site many times over the years but never got around to joining up. Thanks Simon just had a look at that its at Four Ashes near to Cannock my home town, born in Cannock now living in Tamworth.
I usually travel down from Leeds and book a hotel for the night so I can help out with the rest of the nano crew but as said cannot make this one. Get yourself there even if it is only to say hello.
Dave...

Lost a few stones and a Gall Bladder and part of a bile duct and all of my dignity in the suppository incident
stocktake is offline   Reply With Quote