Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 29th January 2019, 20:07   #1
the dutch guy

Default manifold and other question from a new 75 owner

Good day everyones.

first i would liek to apolozige for some of the questions i have, but after hours of digging the forum i cannto find a decent answer to some questions i have.
i hope you all have the patience to help me answer these.

I got my rover 75 2.0 V6 last week from my dad, he could not live with the clear coat being destroyed more and more leaving many ugly patches everywere and lots of little dents everywere. i am going to wrap the car to solve this but that is for another time.

first question i have is the parking sensors, when selecting reverse i hear one 5 second long loud beep from the rear seats and then nothing. its completly dead until i reastart the car and then still only that beep. i assume soemthing is wrong but how to diagnose what is wrong? i am a professional driver but this exxon valdez sized oil tanker's rear is impossible to find when parking, so i would like to get those working again.

second question: i got a slight "noise" from the manifold. its quite slight so i expect this is the early stages of the death rattle i read about. first i am going to rebuild the motors, they are really easy to get to so i can check the rod but i feel that the power valves dont do what they supposed to do and 1 or more cyclinders is not "valving" like they should, its incredibly lazy under 3k rpm. i had a 2.5 v6 and 3.7 V6 alfa and this engine feels like half frozen molasses under 3k.
i do want to get a replacement manifold but they are impossible to find. if a member here has one (broken or not) then i am interested in buying it. i might be able to print a replacement rod but i need a manifold to test this with or replace it so can mess with one outside the car and get the valves working like they should and make a cheaper fix for everyone as the price for a new one is 1300 english roebels right now.

third question:
power window. i have the EU model but for some stupid reason only the passenger (right) side has the auto up-down mode, the (left) driver side is not. its also quite iffy in stopping after a few inches. they forgot to program the windows for the EU or so, can this be changed and where do i get the buttons as that is probably the reason why it stops going up. can i switch around the buttons if i remove the panel?

4th: the lcd screen on the dash is totally unreadable, it is missing 70% of the vertical lines. is this dodgy conecctions that just need a resolder or is the lcd simply done? i really like to get this proper again.

5th: also the recirc function of the AC is murder-inducing, how can i force it to stop it being on auto and just always use fresh air? i am so annoyed needing to press that button twice every time i start the car. if someone knows the adress of the guy that thought of that and a nearest place where they sell pliers i want to have a minute with the guy and his teeth in a quiet room.

6th: how can i have the lights switched by the igintion? every car i had already had this feature (italians) or i made some wiring changes so i worked like it should.

i hope you guys can help me with the above issues.

ps: what is it with the engine numbering? on this forum i see you calling the V6 the K6V but on wifipedia its 20K4N.

Last edited by the dutch guy; 29th January 2019 at 20:11..
the dutch guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th January 2019, 20:25   #2
stevestrat
This is my second home

ZT260 #243 (resting)

Thanked 4,624 Times in 3,358 Posts

Parking sensors - a long beep indicates a fault, possibly a defective sensor. Ignition in position 2, put the car into reverse and get on your knees at the back, ear next to each sensor in turn, you should hear a click, if not the sensor is defective.

Power window - probably need the services of someone with a T4. See the link in my signature below to find your nearest.

LCD screen - ribbon cable is so delicate a repair isn't guaranteed 100% durable. The screen/ribbon cable can be replaced, contact Rick-Sta, a trader here.

Lights - if you switch the ignition off then the lights the lights will remain on for a few seconds to "see you to your door". May be changeable by T4, not sure?

T4 Location Map
stevestrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th January 2019, 07:12   #3
Lord of Hog
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 2.5 V6 in Wedgwood Blue

The power VIS doesn't come in until 3200 rpm so your sluggishness below that is probably down to something else, or simply the fact that the 2.0 isn't as good at shifting 1600kg of car as the 2.5. As far as the noise is concerned, which side is it coming from? If it's from the right hand side of the car then it may well be the beginning of manifold chamber failure. If it's from the left it might be the purge valve which sounds quite similar and is meant to sound like that.

Conformity is not morality.
Consensus is not truth.
Lord of Hog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th January 2019, 09:52   #4
stocktake
Vis Whiz

Rover 75 2.5 auto Saloon

Thanked 3,056 Times in 1,621 Posts

The 2ltr is not known for outstanding acceleration but more of a smooth cruiser. Noticeable sluggish performance at lower revs is a classic sign of a balance Vis failure in the closed position.

Lost a few stones and a Gall Bladder and part of a bile duct and all of my dignity in the suppository incident
stocktake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th January 2019, 10:32   #5
suzublu
This is my second home

rover 75 1.8 vvc club se wedgwood blue

Thanked 7,142 Times in 4,642 Posts

6th: how can i have the lights switched by the igintion? every car i had already had this feature (italians) or i made some wiring changes so i worked like it should.
Scandinavian running lights can be enabled by T4, or, you can buy DRL's & fit them yourself
suzublu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th January 2019, 16:44   #6
the dutch guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by stocktake View Post
The 2ltr is not known for outstanding acceleration but more of a smooth cruiser. Noticeable sluggish performance at lower revs is a classic sign of a balance Vis failure in the closed position.
thanks i will pull that one first en rebuild and clean it as it feels like driving into a cheesecake until i hit 3200, then it picks up. still not a italian V6 busso for sure but acceptable beyond 4k. my old italians used to go out up to 8200 so it is a different experience for sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzublu View Post
Scandinavian running lights can be enabled by T4, or, you can buy DRL's & fit them yourself
*dunce cap on*

what is this T4 i see everywhere? the magic box the dealers have?
how can i find a T4 unit in holland?

Last edited by the dutch guy; 30th January 2019 at 16:47..
Old 1st February 2019, 14:03   #7
bl52krz
This is my second home

Rover 75 cdt club + Rover 2.5 KV6 Conni SE

Thanked 2,262 Times in 1,729 Posts

Hi. It is no good comparing your ‘Italian ‘ vehicles with the kv6 engine. They are two different horses for different courses.
Old 1st February 2019, 14:19   #8
stevestrat
This is my second home

ZT260 #243 (resting)

Thanked 4,624 Times in 3,358 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by the dutch guy View Post
what is this T4 i see everywhere? the magic box the dealers have?
how can i find a T4 unit in holland?
T4 is the MGR computer system that speaks to our cars. It was a dealer only thing when MGR was still on the go but a few are in private hands now, some with traders in this club, see the link in my signature. However, I can't help with where there might be one in Holland, there are members here from Holland who may be able to point you towards one. There is also TOAF, a programme developed by some Polish guys which does some of what a T4 does but its very easy to click the wrong thing in it and give yourself major grief!

T4 Location Map
stevestrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st February 2019, 14:25   #9
the dutch guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by bl52krz View Post
Hi. It is no good comparing your ‘Italian ‘ vehicles with the kv6 engine. They are two different horses for different courses.

i understand the difference, i just expected more low end grunt from this type of engine as that would be more in carracter for this car.
Old 2nd February 2019, 14:12   #10
Lord of Hog
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 2.5 V6 in Wedgwood Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by bl52krz View Post
Who wants Italian anyway? Take a Mitsubishi, give it cold air induction at the front, a stainless steel cat-back minus one of the silencer boxes, gently whisper in its ear that it's mother was part Subaru. Then drop your foot and enjoy.

Conformity is not morality.
Consensus is not truth.
Lord of Hog is offline   Reply With Quote