Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 19th January 2019, 22:15   #21
Phil
This is my second home

Rover 75 CDT Connoisseur SE

Quote:
Originally Posted by clf View Post
when I was doing that mock up above, I played with the saturation. There is a lot of green on the LH flank of the dog as you look at it. Open in photoshop, select saturation, then in the drop down box, select greens, then turn it up high and you will see it. (in the image above, I reduced the yellow saturation, to 'add' more green to the grass)

Colour space is the colour 'palette' cameras, printers monitors etc use to display colours. sRGB is from memory 16.7 million colours, Adobe is so many billion (I cannot remember the value). It allows for subtle colour tones and variation to be printed and displayed. But the vast majority of what we use on a day to day basis is sRGB(version number I forget also). Essentially sRGB is 256 tones of red, 256 tones of green and 256 tones of blue. (multiply them together you get 16.7 million). If I recall Adobe is 1056 tones of each (or something like that lol) . If you shoot in Adobe RGB or another colour space, the printer hardware if using sRGB, has to best guess or downsample colours, which can lead to subtle tone changes - hence me mentioning it in the first place when you spoke of the green hue. In real world situations, it is unlikely to be noticed.

After you asking about this, I dont believe this is the issue, and is just the green reflection coming from the grass onto the white coat.

The acrylic and aluminium prints we did, were held up with U shaped brackets stuck to the back of the print with strong double sided tape, which were then hung on screws in the wall. It was the thought of the hooks prising off the print that concerned me, as the acrylics especially were quite heavy and had sharp edges and corners.
I can see it now. Your image looks infinitely better than mine.

I have to ask, you say you reduced the yellow to increase the green in the grass?

I see what you are saying now. The brackets are stuck on with tape. I assumed it would be a bit tougher than that.
The ones in the shop I saw looked like they were held on with screws as they had caps (like number plate screw caps.)
Old 19th January 2019, 22:31   #22
clf
This is my second home

MG ZT CDTi

Thanked 2,657 Times in 1,973 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil View Post
I can see it now. Your image looks infinitely better than mine.

I have to ask, you say you reduced the yellow to increase the green in the grass?

I see what you are saying now. The brackets are stuck on with tape. I assumed it would be a bit tougher than that.
The ones in the shop I saw looked like they were held on with screws as they had caps (like number plate screw caps.)
It is difficult to explain when you (ie me) dont understand the physics of it fully. I learned from experience and experimentation. Colours are 'mixed' to make other colours or tones of those colours. If you reduce the yellow, it gives a deeper green, add yellow lightens greens. The best way to do it, is to experiment using the saturation settings, and play with the colour options in the drop down box (of the saturation dialogue). This is a coarse method of doing it, as you are reducing the colour information. You can do a similar effect using levels or curves in their colour channels, which is a little more subtle but time consuming (and probably a more effort than is really needed).

It is not gloss primer .............. it is duct tape silver!

Last edited by clf; 20th January 2019 at 00:19..
clf is offline   Reply With Quote