Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Social Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 10th November 2018, 17:04   #11
RobSun
Gets stuck in

MGZTT

Sorry to hear this Paul but it is now very common. My son lives with me and has just had his PIP cut by 125.00 a month after an Atos assessment. The reason given was he has improved when he's actually worsened. He has to be encouraged to eat, take medication and keep up with his hygiene. All of this is the same as his last assessment but his medical
condition is much worse now. The reasons for the reduction was that I do not have to feed him, bathe him or force the meds down him which was never the case.

The rules are all open to interpretation by the assessor so what one sees as acceptable for payment another will not. To some the decision is fair and correct to another it isn't so only going through the appeals procedure will the correct outcome usually come about. These companies are only contracted to do the job to save the treasury funds. I suggested to my son that he appeals but the stress of the assessment was a struggle for him and he just cannot face going through it. And this is what these companies and the government relies on.

What upsets him is seeing those who abuse the whole system which does not help those that need it. We have a neighbour who up to a year ago had a motorbility car. They were both fitter and more mobile than I am and I was shocked when her brother told me that they were both on the fiddle and although not rumbled completly had had their pip cut so no car. Now we see her at the back of the house walking bending playing with the dog with no problems at all. At the front and out and about she struggles to walk needs two sticks and support from her daughter, who drives her everywhere because she suddenly to ill to drive. Her husband overnight stopped leaving the house. All for show until the full pip is restored and they get the car back.

Last edited by RobSun; 10th November 2018 at 17:06..
RobSun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th November 2018, 05:09   #12
Scouse1958
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 2.5 Dealer Launch

Ty everyone for your comments on this i have been told to take it to appeal i need to downlload a appeal form but as i dont have a printer will be hard to do.

Scouse1958 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th November 2018, 05:14   #13
Scouse1958
Posted a thing or two

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobSun View Post
Sorry to hear this Paul but it is now very common. My son lives with me and has just had his PIP cut by 125.00 a month after an Atos assessment. The reason given was he has improved when he's actually worsened. He has to be encouraged to eat, take medication and keep up with his hygiene. All of this is the same as his last assessment but his medical
condition is much worse now. The reasons for the reduction was that I do not have to feed him, bathe him or force the meds down him which was never the case.

The rules are all open to interpretation by the assessor so what one sees as acceptable for payment another will not. To some the decision is fair and correct to another it isn't so only going through the appeals procedure will the correct outcome usually come about. These companies are only contracted to do the job to save the treasury funds. I suggested to my son that he appeals but the stress of the assessment was a struggle for him and he just cannot face going through it. And this is what these companies and the government relies on.

What upsets him is seeing those who abuse the whole system which does not help those that need it. We have a neighbour who up to a year ago had a motorbility car. They were both fitter and more mobile than I am and I was shocked when her brother told me that they were both on the fiddle and although not rumbled completly had had their pip cut so no car. Now we see her at the back of the house walking bending playing with the dog with no problems at all. At the front and out and about she struggles to walk needs two sticks and support from her daughter, who drives her everywhere because she suddenly to ill to drive. Her husband overnight stopped leaving the house. All for show until the full pip is restored and they get the car back.

Hi Robsun

I know how he feels i have felt like that for a long time and when you dont have any family its hard to fight it nowthey said i have to go to appeal but i dont know how to fight them

Paul

Old 13th November 2018, 06:04   #14
Kennyeth
This is my second home

No more Rover

Thanked 1,308 Times in 998 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobSun View Post

The government know that the system is abused by some and I believe they are making everyone concerned all the same.
I know of people who have abused the system for years and years but continue to get away with it. It is sickening to see this abuse when genuine folk are being persecuted.
See last nights Panorama.
Ken.
Kennyeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th November 2018, 06:27   #15
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Thanked 7,017 Times in 4,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scouse1958 View Post
Ty everyone for your comments on this i have been told to take it to appeal i need to downlload a appeal form but as i dont have a printer will be hard to do.
Good morning Paul, can’t you buy a printer? A basic one is all you need and they don’t cost the earth.

A carer, relative or friend to assist and support from doing the forms, to going to the appeal with you.

Last year I went to an independent tribunal to give evidence on behalf of someone, but did not have to when it came to it. On the panel in a room was a Judge, a Doctor and an Occupational Therapist Disabilities Expert. The atmosphere was informal and friendly.

The Judge said they had reviewed everything and the appeal was won, with a written guarantee that the judgement would stand for 10 years and all of the back payments missed would be paid immediately. That was a great result and we did not have to say anything, except thank you very much! The person I was helping had been given a terminal diagnosis and had the medical reports from the Doctors to back it up, yet his PIP had been stopped. How wrong of “them to do that”.
Gate Keeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th November 2018, 06:56   #16
Scouse1958
Posted a thing or two

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gate Keeper View Post
Good morning Paul, can’t you buy a printer? A basic one is all you need and they don’t cost the earth.

A carer, relative or friend to assist and support from doing the forms, to going to the appeal with you.

Last year I went to an independent tribunal to give evidence on behalf of someone, but did not have to when it came to it. On the panel in a room was a Judge, a Doctor and an Occupational Therapist Disabilities Expert. The atmosphere was informal and friendly.

The Judge said they had reviewed everything and the appeal was won, with a written guarantee that the judgement would stand for 10 years and all of the back payments missed would be paid immediately. That was a great result and we did not have to say anything, except thank you very much! The person I was helping had been given a terminal diagnosis and had the medical reports from the Doctors to back it up, yet his PIP had been stopped. How wrong of “them to do that”.

Hi Gatekeeper not at moment with them cutting my money by a £100 i am struggling at the moment , I dont have any family and no friends in liverpool area and my carer is having problems as well and not much good with this kind of thing so its very hard to fight them. The feeling i am getting of them they are trying to kill people to save money i may be wrong thinking that but its how i feel at the moment.

Old 13th November 2018, 06:59   #17
blaggard
Avid contributor

Rover 75 connoisseur se

Quote:
Telephone them, get it on record that you are appealing, they will enter that into your case file thereby avoiding running out of time then ask for a form to be sent to you. I phoned them endlessly through the whole process, repeat, HAVE THEM POST A FORM.
blaggard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th November 2018, 06:59   #18
Scouse1958
Posted a thing or two

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kennyeth View Post
The government know that the system is abused by some and I believe they are making everyone concerned all the same.
I know of people who have abused the system for years and years but continue to get away with it. It is sickening to see this abuse when genuine folk are being persecuted.
See last nights Panorama.
Ken.

Hi Ken you cant win with them i told them i dont have a microwave they then said well if you did have one you could cook but my carer has to do that for me. So i got no points cause they said i could cook if i had the microwave its getting worse.

Paul

Old 13th November 2018, 07:17   #19
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Thanked 7,017 Times in 4,160 Posts

Quote:
Hi Ken you cant win with them i told them i dont have a microwave they then said well if you did have one you could cook but my carer has to do that for me. So i got no points cause they said i could cook if i had the microwave its getting worse.

Paul
Good morning Paul,
Don’t let these bad feelings from what they said beat you down.
Blaggard’s suggestion is the way ahead.
Ask a member in the Liverpool area to step up and give you a hand.

Last edited by Gate Keeper; 13th November 2018 at 07:26..
Gate Keeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th November 2018, 07:52   #20
stocktake
Vis Whiz

Rover 75 2.5 auto Saloon

Thanked 3,056 Times in 1,621 Posts

Hi Paul, It appears the form you require is a SCSS1. It is a 7 page form. If you want me to print and post one to you just PM me your address.

Lost a few stones and a Gall Bladder and part of a bile duct and all of my dignity in the suppository incident
stocktake is offline   Reply With Quote