Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 3rd November 2018, 10:47   #111
stocktake
Vis Whiz

Rover 75 2.5 auto Saloon

Thanked 3,056 Times in 1,621 Posts

Here you go,
https://the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/s...d.php?t=287728

Lost a few stones and a Gall Bladder and part of a bile duct and all of my dignity in the suppository incident
stocktake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd November 2018, 11:48   #112
Mark190
Avid contributor

MG ZT

Quote:
Originally Posted by stocktake View Post
Thanks for that but at the moment if you can imagine I have got the 2 front seats in the forward position close to the dashboard. Is that clip tight fitting because with the seats forward the cable is slack and the clip just comes off. The only time I can see it will be tight is when I have bolted the seats back in and moved the seats back. Then it will be tight but what happens when you are sitting in the seat and move it forward? Is there a danger of the clip just coming off? Its one of those things I never took note of when I took it all apart.
Mark190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd November 2018, 15:10   #113
Mark190
Avid contributor

MG ZT

By the way I could also do with some detailed descriptions or pictures of all that needs to be done regarding putting the 2 front seats back in. Got a couple of things I am not sure of and some wires that are puzzling me at the moment. Cheers.
Old 4th November 2018, 09:19   #114
Arctic
Give to Learn

Freelander 2

Thanked 6,407 Times in 3,874 Posts

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark190 View Post
By the way I could also do with some detailed descriptions or pictures of all that needs to be done regarding putting the 2 front seats back in. Got a couple of things I am not sure of and some wires that are puzzling me at the moment. Cheers.
Hi Mark.
A few photo's posted below for you, regarding your phone call yesterday cheers Arctic.

PS hope they help.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1151.jpg (126.6 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg 1158.jpg (124.5 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg 1159.jpg (133.6 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg 6311.jpg (125.7 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg 6312.jpg (115.2 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg SDC13811.jpg (117.4 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg SDC13812.jpg (116.9 KB, 11 views)

ad altiora tendo.

Check out our Nano meet dates
http://www.midlandsnanomeets.co.uk/

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/index.php?thepage=howto

" You do the work , we supply the expertise "
Arctic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th November 2018, 18:03   #115
Mark190
Avid contributor

MG ZT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arctic View Post
Hi Mark.
A few photo's posted below for you, regarding your phone call yesterday cheers Arctic.

PS hope they help.
Thanks Steve good stuff as usual.
Old 4th November 2018, 19:42   #116
Mark190
Avid contributor

MG ZT

Well everyone im done finished. Hip hip hooray. Nipped out this morning to get some wire connectors then came back determined to get on and get it done. Started by putting the passenger seat in place and plugging in the airbag connectors, hooking on the little seat belt height adjuster thingy and re-connecting 2 wires that I had to break apart originally which look as though they had been joined by a previous owner for some reason. I then put in the 2 rear seat bolts but didn't tighten them up fully. I then put in the drivers seat and repeated what I had just done on the passenger side including joining 2 wires together. I had a quick double check to make sure I hadn't missed anything. Then came the moment of truth. Connected the battery cables up and hey presto! everything seemed to work. I moved the seats back and put in the 4 front seat bolts and then tightened all 8 bolts up fully. Next job was to put all the panels back in place around the drivers footwell and pedals.
Old 4th November 2018, 20:00   #117
Mark190
Avid contributor

MG ZT

Putting these panels back in was quite fiddly, the clutch pedal footrest went in. Then finally the bonnet release/boot lid release panel which again was fiddly not forgetting to push in the little blue boot lid release plug. The only thing that didn't switch back on was the radio/cd/sat-nav/dvd unit don't know why maybe the power cable came off. Im not surprised to be honest given the amount of trouble I had with it. I will take that out again at some point and have a look. Finally once I was sure the centre console need not come out again I fitted my stainless steel gear knob back on which simply tightens up with an Allen key. So there it is, I think its been about 2 months since I first disconnected the battery and started the job from hell. Its tested my patience that's for sure and I certainly wouldn't want to do it again. I am starting to think that MG stands for Much Graft! Thanks to all of you for your offers of help and advice it has proved invaluable and gave me the confidence to carry on and finish the job. Thanks Mark.