Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Events and Meets > Regional Events Forum: Yorkshire & North Lincolnshire
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 7th October 2018, 15:13   #31
elroy
I really should get out more.......

MG ZTT

Thanked 1,158 Times in 643 Posts

Thanks for a good day, Deb's enjoyed herself today 😀DSC_0073.jpgDSC_0071.jpgDSC_0069.jpgDSC_0067.jpgDSC_0064.jpgDSC_0059.jpgDSC_0049.jpg

Sent from my Lenovo TB-X103F using Tapatalk
elroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th October 2018, 15:15   #32
elroy
I really should get out more.......

MG ZTT

Thanked 1,158 Times in 643 Posts

A few moreDSC_0061.jpgDSC_0066.jpgDSC_0062.jpgDSC_0053.jpgDSC_0049.jpg

Sent from my Lenovo TB-X103F using Tapatalk
elroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th October 2018, 18:46   #33
Rev Jules
Rev Jules

Rover 75 Tourer+

Thanked 3,929 Times in 2,051 Posts

Excellent day, good to meet up again with some of the Mad Hatters, please dont ask???, and a several others, nice bright day a tad on the chilly side.
The Black Pearl won her first trophy for best car on the day, first one in my ownership.

Many thanks Andy and Brian for supervising.

Rev and Dawn
Rev Jules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th October 2018, 19:47   #34
Bluejon
Cumbria & N/Lancs Regional Secretary

2003 Rover 75 Saloon [Royal Blue] + 1999 Rover 75 Saloon [Duo-Tone Bacchus/Zircon Silver]

Thanked 1,656 Times in 769 Posts

Whilst attending the breakfast meet held at Thrybergh Country Park,Rotherham on Sunday 7th October 2018 a group of us went round the Lake to visit the Park Bench placed by members of the Rover 75 and MGZT Owners Club in honour of a very special & greatly missed Lady Eve White the late Wife of Brian White [Actros] who sadly passed from us in 2012.

As a token of our Respect & appreciation for Eve & all she did for this club of ours over many years,our group placed plants in a pot by the bench in memory of a Lady we knew all too briefly,but met at many a meet & social gathering becoming great Friends with her & Bri, it just remains to say, may we respectfully borrow the Inscription from the bench;-

'STAY A WHILE AND REST ON LIFE'S JOURNEY'

From all of us Eve.....Jan & John.

RS.Our sincere apologies to Dave [Stocktake] & the rest of the Yorkie crew for not mentioning if it had not been for all the organising,fund raising & shear dedication by all involved with this, this project may not have happened,we would very much like to say a special thank you once again to Dave,Marina Tatts & everyone involved.

Last edited by Bluejon; 9th October 2018 at 21:03.. Reason: Addition of wording;-
Bluejon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th October 2018, 20:18   #35
actros
Subscribed Member

20lt 75conny se Damson red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluejon View Post

Whilst attending the breakfast meet held at Thrybergh Country Park,Rotherham on Sunday 7th October 2018 a group of us went round the Lake to visit the Park Bench placed by members of the Rover 75 and MGZT Owners Club in honour of a very special & greatly missed Lady Eve White the late Wife of Brian White [Actros] who sadly passed from us in 2012.

As a token of our Respect & appreciation for Eve & all she did for this club of ours over many years,our group placed plants in a pot by the bench in memory of a Lady we knew all too briefly,but met at many a meet & social gathering becoming great Friends with her & Bri, it just remains to say, may we respectfully borrow the Inscription from the bench;-

'STAY A WHILE AND REST ON LIFE'S JOURNEY'

From all of us Eve.....Jan & John.

John and friends i would to thank you all for the kind words of my late wife Eve she is missed ever day.
Old 9th October 2018, 20:31   #36
stocktake
Vis Whiz

Rover 75 2.5 auto Saloon

Thanked 3,056 Times in 1,621 Posts

I remember every detail of organising this along with Tatts ( former member) and others from the Yorkshire region. Even down to the "reveal" where we had to send runners around the lake to make sure the bench was in position and then kidnapping Brian to take him to the site of the bench.
It was worth all the red tape, meetings and cash organising for the end result and to see Brian's reaction.
Rest in peace Eve a special lady.
Dave...

Lost a few stones and a Gall Bladder and part of a bile duct and all of my dignity in the suppository incident
stocktake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th October 2018, 11:53   #37
Bluejon
Cumbria & N/Lancs Regional Secretary

2003 Rover 75 Saloon [Royal Blue] + 1999 Rover 75 Saloon [Duo-Tone Bacchus/Zircon Silver]

Thanked 1,656 Times in 769 Posts

Many thanks to Andy [andy willi] & second in command Brian [Actros] for resurrecting the Thrybergh Breakfast Meet on such a lovely day,meeting up with Friends old & new.

It also gave a group of us;-Brian,Bri & Linda,Julien & Dawn,Jan & Myself, the opportunity to visit [for the first time] the park bench re-p34 placed by the Lake in memory of Brians [Actros] Wife Eve.

A couple of pics of 4 of our small band of 'Mad Hatters' cars lined up in the Sun,many thanks all who attended,congratulations to Roy [Elroy] & Wife for winning a trophy for being first car there,also To Julien [Rev Jules] & Dawn for winning best car.