This is my second home

rover 75 1.8 vvc club se wedgwood blue

Thanked 7,142 Times in 4,642 Posts

You turning into an old cynic Alan?
Old 27th July 2011, 18:46   #22
Roverowner
Retired

CDTi Tourer 2005

What me, never, and definately not grumpy, (you old ***)

It used to be better before...

No coal in the coal cellar. No-one with a shilling for the meter so after seeing half of M & W everything went black... and it was off to bed. Yeah much better before
Old 27th July 2011, 18:49   #23
suzublu
This is my second home

rover 75 1.8 vvc club se wedgwood blue

Thanked 7,142 Times in 4,642 Posts

Happy days only worked 3 days a week what's wrong with that?
Old 27th July 2011, 18:55   #24
VVC-Geeza
This is my second home

2005 Connoisseur SE 1.8 Turbo,2004 45 1.8 Connoisseur and my beloved 1998 VVC Coupe.

Thanked 1,016 Times in 739 Posts

Before the bickering starts i'm off down my local,The Travellers Rest

Last edited by VVC-Geeza; 27th July 2011 at 19:00..
Old 27th July 2011, 18:56   #25
wraymond
This is my second home

75 Auto 2.5 SE

Thanked 1,680 Times in 1,014 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by River Clyde Connie View Post
What about rapists and murderers? Can they be considered non-rapists and non-murders when their crimes eventually take them to jail whereupon they're not raping or murdering?

Come on mate, travellers are travellers.

Is a window cleaner something else when he finishes work and goes home?
Rapists and murderers.
No, of course they can't. The difference is the rapists and murderers have been convicted and, if they are sent to prison (not always the case), they remain as convicted rapists and murderers.

Window cleaners.
More than a bit of tongue in cheek there? Come on, I'm sure you know what I mean!
I live 10 mins away from an infamous group of 'travellers' near Billericay in Essex. The've been there, illegally, for years. They have absolutely no intention of moving on and have used the Human Rights laws to run rings around all attempts to solve a difficult problem. There's no way they can be considered 'travellers' at this late stage, they are determined to remain in their illegal position, defying court rulings. They have been offered alternatives but nothing will satisfy. Incidentally, it was recently discovered that some of them have newly built bungalows in their country of origin! Some vacant, some rented out! The only travelling they've done is to get here!
By the way, when I use the term 'travellers' it is not with a sneer. It is not used as a derogatory slur. It is what they called themselves and continue to do so.

Last edited by wraymond; 27th July 2011 at 19:24..
Old 27th July 2011, 19:06   #26
Ros3
This is my second home

Rover 75 V6 saloon (gone to the Rover garage in the sky), Mazda mx5 Phoenix.

[QUOTE=wraymond;771486]Rapists and murderers.
No, of course they can't. The difference is the rapists and murderers have been convicted and, if they are sent to prison (not always the case), they remain as convicted rapists and murderers.

Window cleaners.
More than a bit of tongue in cheek there? Come on, I'm sure you know what I mean!
I live 10 mins away from an infamous group of 'travellers' near Billericay in Essex. The've been there, illegally, for years. They have absolutely no intention of moving on and have used the Human Rights laws to run rings around all attempts to solve a difficult problem. There's no way they can be considered 'travellers' at this late stage, they are determined to remain in their illegal position, defying court rulings. They have been offered alternatives but nothing will satisfy. Incidentally, it was recently discovered that some of them have newly built bungalows in their country of origin! Some vacant, some rented out! Then only travelling they've done is to get here!
By the way, when I use the term 'travellers' it is not with a sneer. It is not used as a derogatory slur. It is what they called themselves and continue to do so.[/QUOTE

The term Travellers is not derogatory. But some of the names used on the previous thread were..
Old 27th July 2011, 19:19   #27
wraymond
This is my second home

75 Auto 2.5 SE

Thanked 1,680 Times in 1,014 Posts

[QUOTE=ros3;771493]
Quote:
Originally Posted by wraymond View Post
Rapists and murderers.

Window cleaners.
I live 10 mins away from an infamous group of 'travellers' near Billericay in Essex. The've been there, illegally, for years. They have absolutely no intention of moving on and have used the Human Rights laws to run rings around all attempts to solve a difficult problem. There's no way they can be considered 'travellers' at this late stage, they are determined to remain in their illegal position, defying court rulings. They have been offered alternatives but nothing will satisfy. Incidentally, it was recently discovered that some of them have newly built bungalows in their country of origin! Some vacant, some rented out! The only travelling they've done is to get here!
By the way, when I use the term 'travellers' it is not with a sneer. It is not used as a derogatory slur. It is what they called themselves and continue to do so.[/QUOTE

The term Travellers is not derogatory. But some of the names used on the previous thread were..
Yes, you're right they were. And they did no-one any favours. Including the points being made by those that used them. The best way to lose the point is to lose your temper and insult someone.

Last edited by wraymond; 27th July 2011 at 19:23..
Old 27th July 2011, 19:23   #28
Roverowner
Retired

CDTi Tourer 2005

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzublu View Post
Happy days only worked 3 days a week what's wrong with that?
Just the job mate. I only work every other week now but at the mo I´m on paternal leave. Lifes sweet
Old 27th July 2011, 19:34   #29
Platemaker
I really should get out more.......

MG ZT-T 160, MG ZT 180.

[QUOTE=wraymond;771499]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ros3 View Post

Yes, you're right they were. And they did no-one any favours. Including the points being made by those that used them. The best way to lose the point is to lose your temper and insult someone.
They were, I agree.

Old 27th July 2011, 20:18   #30
Reebs
Owners Club Director

Rover 75 Conn SE V6 / MG ZT 260 SE V8 / MG ZT 180 SE V6

Thanked 6,851 Times in 2,537 Posts

The difference between the approach of this thread compared to the previous one is like chalk and cheese. I applaud the reasoned discussion, in marked contrast to the previous debate.

I think it just goes to show there are ways and means of getting your point across on a public forum such as this
Closed Thread