Closed Thread

Old 27th July 2011, 09:54   #11
FLYER
Banned

rover75 cdti AUTO TOURER 160 bhp.

Thanked 3,685 Times in 2,463 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewcole81 View Post
You know as well as I do that the Poice are powerless to do anything about the situation.

I'm not an anarchist so I shal not be clicking on that link, I'm not expressing views in this thread to go and take the law into my own hands, I'm warning people in the local area to be careful as some of the local residents in the area have been subject to some very nasty things...

Do you really think anyone in this world worth his own salt would turn away if one of their children was attacked.... really?
Roverowners post was tongue in cheek mate , i sense your anger at this situation in your area , i myself had my roof damaged by these people in the guise of roof tilers , ended up costing me dear .
Old 27th July 2011, 09:59   #12
Roverowner
Retired

CDTi Tourer 2005

It must be one h...ll of a post or I might have frieghtened you off Open, friendly debate is the spice of life (well one of them) Life in general and human nature in particular have always facinated me. Hope the locals get it sorted in the end

Ah, well done mate. I saw the thread from yesturday and actually agreed with you! Nkew it wouldn´t go down well though as it was too -forceful- I´ve connections with what was known as the Hereford Huligans. Could ask some of the guys to pay the pubs a visit of an evening, just for training purposes of course..... No seriously hope it resoves itself in a good way.

Last edited by Roverowner; 27th July 2011 at 10:03..
Old 27th July 2011, 10:17   #13
Drewcole81
Avid contributor

MG ZT 190+

Yeah I hope so too...

And breath....

Old 27th July 2011, 10:19   #14
Jim Jamieson
This is my second home

Rover less !

Reckon I must be one of the lucky ones or seriously brave.
When my neighbors house roof was power washed and repainted using the new method of time warp, unfortunately my own time travel machine was standing on my driveway and suffered the indignity of a new overcoat.
When I accosted the aforesaid gentleman he offered to remove the overcoat using petroleum spirit, to which I obviously refused thinking about the damage to the environment due to the fumes.
I did however offer an alternative and that was within 2 minutes I would make a telephone call to a colleague if agreed ammount of moolahs were not placed into the palm of my hand then walked away.

1 minute and 59 seconds later I inherited 30 smackers of moolah which being genuine I spent very graciously.

Never set eyes on them again.

JYJ
Old 27th July 2011, 16:37   #15
wraymond
This is my second home

75 Auto 2.5 SE

Thanked 1,680 Times in 1,014 Posts

Might it just possibly be that 'travellers', who mysteriously only 'travel' until they come across a suitable opportunity for a free living, and then by definition are non-travellers, are now considered by our 'honourable' politicians as members of a race, ethnicity, or cultural origin that they need protection from hate discrimination? And therefore all discussion, anywhere, is to be discouraged?

I am an ordinary citizen without any serious convictions or social qualifications, dubious or otherwise, so am never consulted by ANYONE FROM ANY LEGISLATIVE ORGANISATION (yes, I'm shouting) about anything. Ever. I don't, and have never hated anyone or anything (oh, all right then, squirells). I have never met anyone in my globe travelling (there's that word again) life that I thought was in any way better or inferior to me. I occasionally Help The Aged, see The Big Issue, and Help Heroes. In my mind that should enable me to call a spade a spade, no hidden allegory there, and have a reasonable discussion anywhere I choose. About anything, so long as I do not incite trouble.

I suspect threads have been removed because of gradual immersion into murky waters which threaten reasoned argument and discussion and a timely 'brake' was applied. Only guessing though.
If the mods have intervened, I cheer their attention to what they see as their duty but deplore their decision to curtail open, legal, and frank opinion. Perhaps the best censorship is self-censorship. Perhaps Frankie Boyle-type so-called humour (re Amy Winehouse) should be left to darkened clubs.

Just one more thing. I understood that as a result of recent unrest in the general forum over other matters, it was felt that the Social Forum was for anything else the members wanted to post? If I am wrong I would appreciate being corrected - I wouldn't want to join a trend that was over before it started.
Old 27th July 2011, 16:40   #16
River Clyde Connie
Banned

Rover 75 2.0 V6 Connie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYER View Post
Could you book me a table for next thursday say 8 oclock , cheers mate.
I thought the mini-meets were on Friday nights?
Old 27th July 2011, 16:42   #17
River Clyde Connie
Banned

Rover 75 2.0 V6 Connie

Quote:
Originally Posted by wraymond View Post
Might it just possibly be that 'travellers', who mysteriously only 'travel' until they come across a suitable opportunity for a free living, and then by definition are non-travellers, are now considered by our 'honourable' politicians as members of a race, ethnicity, or cultural origin that they need protection from hate discrimination? And therefore all discussion, anywhere, is to be discouraged?

I am an ordinary citizen without any serious convictions or social qualifications, dubious or otherwise, so am never consulted by ANYONE FROM ANY LEGISLATIVE ORGANISATION (yes, I'm shouting) about anything. Ever. I don't, and have never hated anyone or anything (oh, all right then, squirells). I have never met anyone in my globe travelling (there's that word again) life that I thought was in any way better or inferior to me. I occasionally Help The Aged, see The Big Issue, and Help Heroes. In my mind that should enable me to call a spade a spade, no hidden allegory there, and have a reasonable discussion anywhere I choose. About anything, so long as I do not incite trouble.

I suspect threads have been removed because of gradual immersion into murky waters which threaten reasoned argument and discussion and a timely 'brake' was applied. Only guessing though.
If the mods have intervened, I cheer their attention to what they see as their duty but deplore their decision to curtail open, legal, and frank opinion. Perhaps the best censorship is self-censorship. Perhaps Frankie Boyle-type so-called humour (re Amy Winehouse) should be left to darkened clubs.

Just one more thing. I understood that as a result of recent unrest in the general forum over other matters, it was felt that the Social Forum was for anything else the members wanted to post? If I am wrong I would appreciate being corrected - I wouldn't want to join a trend that was over before it started.

What about rapists and murderers? Can they be considered non-rapists and non-murders when their crimes eventually take them to jail whereupon they're not raping or murdering?

Come on mate, travellers are travellers.

Is a window cleaner something else when he finishes work and goes home?
Old 27th July 2011, 16:45   #18
Ros3
This is my second home

Rover 75 V6 saloon (gone to the Rover garage in the sky), Mazda mx5 Phoenix.

Quote:
Originally Posted by River Clyde Connie View Post
What about rapists and murderers? Can they be considered non-rapists and non-murders when their crimes eventually take them to jail whereupon they're not raping or murdering?

Here Here...
Old 27th July 2011, 18:01   #19
COLVERT
This is my second home

R75 Saloon.

Thanked 2,167 Times in 1,816 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by River Clyde Connie View Post

Actually that's not too good an example cos some of them do continue their chosen careers in jail !!!!!!!
I guess that TRAVELLERS just means of NO FIXED ABODE but is dificult to define.
To seperate them from all other travellers perhaps they ought to have added "Who cause chaos in their wake" .
Old 27th July 2011, 18:28   #20
Roverowner
Retired

CDTi Tourer 2005

"Who cause chaos in their wake"

You mean like the NHS.....
Closed Thread