Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Closed Thread

Old 27th July 2011, 08:15   #1
Drewcole81
Avid contributor

MG ZT 190+

Default Welcoming them with open arms.

As I'm not allowed to express my concerns on this forum regarding the law abiding travilling folk as we are a CAR forum, regardless of the fact that CARS are being damaged and stolen.

Just thought I would let everyone know that the local restaurants in South Woodham Ferrers now have an amazing offer where you can fill the dining room with all your friends, eat all of the 3 courses you order and polish the plates off...

Then, if you go to the bar and offer to rearrange the inside of the building to replicate a ruined desolate war site they will give you all your money back and thankyou for your offer.

Old 27th July 2011, 08:20   #2
greendriver
This is my second home

MG ZTT 180 in Poseidon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewcole81 View Post
As I'm not allowed to express my concerns on this forum regarding the law abiding travilling folk as we are a CAR forum, regardless of the fact that CARS are being damaged and stolen.

Just thought I would let everyone know that the local restaurants in South Woodham Ferrers now have an amazing offer where you can fill the dining room with all your friends, eat all of the 3 courses you order and polish the plates off...

Then, if you go to the bar and offer to rearrange the inside of the building to replicate a ruined desolate war site they will give you all your money back and thankyou for your offer.
Wow! See You There
Old 27th July 2011, 08:27   #3
FLYER
Banned

rover75 cdti AUTO TOURER 160 bhp.

Thanked 3,685 Times in 2,463 Posts

Could you book me a table for next thursday say 8 oclock , cheers mate.
Old 27th July 2011, 08:30   #4
FLYER
Banned

Quote:

As this is the SOCIAL section i would have thought we could talk about anything .
Old 27th July 2011, 08:37   #5
Drewcole81
Avid contributor

MG ZT 190+

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYER View Post
As this is the SOCIAL section i would have thought we could talk about anything .
No we're not allowed to do that, I was informed by the management that we cannot discuss such matter in the 'Social, anything goes section' and the last thread was removed.

Which is why I have replaced it letting everyone know of the amazing offer where local traders are giving up their earnings and risking their livelihood to ensure people never have to pay for anything and get away with it because no one wants to stand up for what they believe is right...

hey ho....

Old 27th July 2011, 08:42   #6
FLYER
Banned

Quote:
No we're not allowed to do that, I was informed by the management that we cannot discuss such matter in the 'Social, anything goes section' and the last thread was removed.

Which is why I have replaced it letting everyone know of the amazing offer where local traders are giving up their earnings and risking their livelihood to ensure people never have to pay for anything and get away with it because no one wants to stand up for what they believe is right...

hey ho....
i caught the thread early on but as i wasn't back online till later last night i was surprised to see it deleted .

Whilst this a car forum it's also part of the bigger world and unless the thread gets out of hand i see no reason for deletion , however what do i know ?????

Last edited by FLYER; 27th July 2011 at 08:45..
Old 27th July 2011, 08:52   #7
Drewcole81
Avid contributor

MG ZT 190+

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYER View Post
i caught the thread early on but as i wasn't back online till later last night i was surprised to see it deleted .

Whilst this a car forum it's also part of the bigger world and unless the thread gets out of hand i see no reason for deletion , however what do i know ?????
Indeed, threads that make light of the death of drug addicts are perfectly fine but talking about other walks of life appear not to be which is why I'm only commenting on the goods things they can do for us all.

Like super thin tarmac driveways to park your 75's and ZT's on, car port structures with borrowed copper or lead roof cladding or re-wiring services with someone else’s cable..... they'll even offer to finish the job they started too if you don't want your limbs to be reset I’m told.

Old 27th July 2011, 09:12   #8
Roverowner
Retired

CDTi Tourer 2005

Thing is it´s not nice to talk about things that might upset anyone. It has to be congenial so that everyone feels at home. Pipe and slippers sort of thing. You shouldn´t get involved, the police are there for that. If your son gets knifed in a public place then you should just turn away so that you don´t get involved and expect everyone else to do the same. I mean, it could turn nasty. It would be the authorities fault if he bleeds to death for not being on the scene quick enough. Your topic is too unpleasant, so don´t air it on here.... You can always go over to: www.anarchisticviews.co.uk
Old 27th July 2011, 09:40   #9
Roverowner
Retired

CDTi Tourer 2005

Obviously you are so upset about this that you can´t see a windup when you see one. I think that most people would try to defend a son if he was knifed, but not 100% certain. As for others just turning away while people get molested and attacked.... had quite a few patients where that was the case. Mind you I live in Sweden. It seems that you are going to have a go at anyone who (very) obviously doesn´t agree with you. Bit sad.

Whether the police are powerless to intervene or not.... not sure. My brother was in the CID for 27 years and as I remember, if people are breaking the law as you say then they should invervene. Citizens arrest was something I remember. Video film it, get 20 or so together and -subdue- them. Then call the police.

Just out of curiosity, what sort of reaction were you waiting for when you posted......

PS: I made the link up so I wouldn´t think there is anything behind it (but still you never know.. Nope, what a shame, might have been a laugh)

Last edited by Roverowner; 27th July 2011 at 09:51..
Old 27th July 2011, 09:54   #10
Drewcole81
Avid contributor

MG ZT 190+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roverowner View Post
Obviously you are so upset about this that you can´t see a windup when you see one. I think that most people would try to defend a son if he was knifed, but not 100% certain. As for others just turning away while people get molested and attacked.... had quite a few patients where that was the case. Mind you I live in Sweden. It seems that you are going to have a go at anyone who (very) obviously doesn´t agree with you. Bit sad.

Whether the police are powerless to intervene or not.... not sure. My brother was in the CID for 27 years and as I remember, if people are breaking the law as you say then they should invervene. Citizens arrest was something I remember. Video film it, get 20 or so together and -subdue- them. Then call the police.

Just out of curiosity, what sort of reaction were you waiting for when you posted......

PS: I made the link up so I wouldn´t think there is anything behind it (but still you never know..)
I'm not having a go at anyone at all and a I don't expect people to agree with me at all, I'm sorry if you felt I was having a go at you, that was not my intention.

This thread is not about talking about the situation that faces us living in the area so I do not wish for it to turn into a slagging match for those that think it’s okay or not to have the group of people in question around or not.

It was more just to see why in our Social Forum where anything goes why we are not allowed to talk about such things when I have not excited violence or said I shall be doing that either.

The last thread was deleted because the Mods didn't like it and I was told it was a CAR forum... my question mainly is why do we have other threads which single out certain public types, like drug addicts, where its okay to make jokes about them but not about things that effect other people in everyday life?

Again, sorry if I misread your post. Yes I am slightly upset seeing my local town being torn apart and nothing being done about it... hopefully they will be gone by tomorrow...

Closed Thread