Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Social Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 3rd January 2016, 09:38   #11
sworks
Been absent for a while…

Rover 75 Tourer, Classic mini Cooper S, Abarth 595 competizione, MG TF and a Hyundai Tucson PHEV

Thanked 1,686 Times in 1,040 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYER View Post
Of late the club has been dominated by technical issues of what software/hardware that can be used to fix/upgrade our cars either by individual gurus or by possible future personally owned equipment.

Let me say right now that having followed the ins and outs of the various parties involved i find mysel astounded at the duplicity shown .

I have gained performance wise with two of my 75s at little cost thanks to the work of one particular member who over the years of knowing and meeting him i came to like very much (as i have others on here).

This is an oportune point to say i am roundly sick of what has went on here and i have spent the last few days wondering what is the point of feeling part of a club that appears to be degenerating into a talking shop of what frikin computer is best to plug into the car .

I drive a lovely car and its my third 75.
I want to own this car till its no longer feasible.

But at the end of the day its just a car.
It,s not worth anything to the average Joe but to us here we know its worth (and the cost of keep it going).
Morning George, I felt that I needed to comment here. Please accept my appollogies if I've picked this up wrong. You are correct that there are many posts about the technical side of our cars with three products being talked about at this point but where as a mod is the line drawn? We are at a point where members can take ownership of the diagnostics (if they choose) to help keep them going in the future. We have the social forum that has many many topics posted daily and we try not to be heavy handed and allow many 'interesting' topics to be discussed. I guess the answer is to read the parts you want to and not the sections you don't. Appollogies if I've read this wrong but I for one don't want to see you leave.

'Marmite' Possibly one of the most famous 75 tourers produced! left the production line as the last of only Three Rover 75 tourers produced in Trophy Yellow. 48 hours later Longbridge closed. The last sold ordered 75 Tourer. Paid for by the Phoenix Four and handed over by John Towers to the Warwickshire Northampton Air ambulance service as a Rapid Response vehicle
sworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd January 2016, 09:41   #12
barney bear
This is my second home

rover 75 Connoiseur diesel called Rosey

Thanked 2,001 Times in 1,424 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sworks View Post
Morning George, I felt that I needed to comment here. Please accept my appollogies if I've picked this up wrong. You are correct that there are many posts about the technical side of our cars with three products being talked about at this point but where as a mod is the line drawn? We are at a point where members can take ownership of the diagnostics (if they choose) to help keep them going in the future. We have the social forum that has many many topics posted daily and we try not to be heavy handed and allow many 'interesting' topics to be discussed. I guess the answer is to read the parts you want to and not the sections you don't. Appollogies if I've read this wrong but I for one don't want to see you leave.
Good man Mark, I don't think there is an answer to the problems George has noted, short of shooting everybody involved which even I admit is just a bit extreme.
Old 3rd January 2016, 09:46   #13
Lancpudn
This is my second home

MG ZS EV

Thanked 3,427 Times in 2,565 Posts

I'm a newcomer to this site & I must say I've been made very welcome indeed. There are a bunch of 'proper chaps' as we say here who I've come to know & I enjoy logging into this site every day for the laughs & banter.

As George said I love these cars too and want to keep it going as long as possible to enjoy it (they don't make em like this anymore) So at the end of the day I'm not getting involved with the falling out malarky, when the time comes when I have to plug it into a PC to get it sorted out I shall choose whichever one of the three options available I have enough money in the back pocket for.

Blessed are the tea makers.
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3b...auto-2000_auto
Lancpudn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd January 2016, 09:50   #14
sworks
Been absent for a while…

Rover 75 Tourer, Classic mini Cooper S, Abarth 595 competizione, MG TF and a Hyundai Tucson PHEV

Thanked 1,686 Times in 1,040 Posts

I think your right Tony, not about shooting people obviously. Read and enjoy the parts you enjoy, report any posts that we miss, but stay around, everybody's input is appreciated

'Marmite' Possibly one of the most famous 75 tourers produced! left the production line as the last of only Three Rover 75 tourers produced in Trophy Yellow. 48 hours later Longbridge closed. The last sold ordered 75 Tourer. Paid for by the Phoenix Four and handed over by John Towers to the Warwickshire Northampton Air ambulance service as a Rapid Response vehicle
sworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd January 2016, 10:19   #15
FLYER
Banned

rover75 cdti AUTO TOURER 160 bhp.

Thanked 3,685 Times in 2,463 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sworks View Post
Oh you are reading it right.

If people want to use their own tech to do stuff to their cars i dont have a problem with that.

My beef is about the souring of the atmosphere with the way its being done ..

We appear to be splitting into two camps of those who want enjoy the club and those who take every opportunity to turn threads into a battleground .

The latest venue for having a pop is the VT4 etc.

As for leaving the club. I wont be doing that but reading the stuff that goes on elsewhere will be getting a miss.

FLYER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd January 2016, 10:24   #16
RPWC
This is my second home

75 model car

Thanked 5,083 Times in 3,114 Posts

I agree with you George, it's not worth getting irked about, the thread in question has now been closed,thanks Mark,and in response to your post, I don't think for one minute George was on about leaving the club. Back to you George,and Tony, I know the person in question you are discussing, and totally agree with you, were it not for him, I doubt I would have stuck with 75 ownership, never mind bought a second. It's due to people like Brian,Jeff,and others that give their advice and knowledge freely,and the likes of yourself with your humour and friendship to people,that make this club a good place to be.
I always look forward to meeting up with you at Carter Bar and Gretna, and hope Tony you will perhaps join us at the bar this year?
Old 3rd January 2016, 10:33   #17
barney bear
This is my second home

rover 75 Connoiseur diesel called Rosey

Thanked 2,001 Times in 1,424 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPWC View Post
I agree with you George, it's not worth getting irked about, the thread in question has now been closed,thanks Mark,and in response to your post, I don't think for one minute George was on about leaving the club. Back to you George,and Tony, I know the person in question you are discussing, and totally agree with you, were it not for him, I doubt I would have stuck with 75 ownership, never mind bought a second. It's due to people like Brian,Jeff,and others that give their advice and knowledge freely,and the likes of yourself with your humour and friendship to people,that make this club a good place to be.
I always look forward to meeting up with you at Carter Bar and Gretna, and hope Tony you will perhaps join us at the bar this year?
I'll definitely be at Gretna Rich, as for Carter Bar that depends on the date and what else we have going on here at the time mate
Old 3rd January 2016, 10:38   #18
Borg Warner
I really should get out more.......

None

Oh yes I do!!!

Last edited by Borg Warner; 3rd January 2016 at 17:34..
Borg Warner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd January 2016, 10:48   #19
FLYER
Banned

rover75 cdti AUTO TOURER 160 bhp.

Thanked 3,685 Times in 2,463 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borg Warner View Post
No I don't.
As is your right .
FLYER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd January 2016, 11:15   #20
Dallas
This is my second home

1979 Capri 1.6L, 1982 Capri 1.6L, 2016 Dacia Stepway

Thanked 3,397 Times in 2,218 Posts

I cant keep up with all that goes on here, to much happens all to quickly, threads/topics are easily missed.

What has happened now?
Dallas is offline   Reply With Quote