Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Social Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 2nd January 2016, 23:14   #1
FLYER
Banned

rover75 cdti AUTO TOURER 160 bhp.

Thanked 3,685 Times in 2,463 Posts
Default Do you feel a part of this and if so which part ??

I must say i have had a ball on here !!

I have met some lovely people who frankly without our joint interest in these cars i would never have met or had anything in common.

However humans being human i have dealt with some i would avoid at all costs but thats another issue .
Of late the club has been dominated by technical issues of what software/hardware that can be used to fix/upgrade our cars either by individual gurus or by possible future personally owned equipment.

Let me say right now that having followed the ins and outs of the various parties involved i find mysel astounded at the duplicity shown .

I have gained performance wise with two of my 75s at little cost thanks to the work of one particular member who over the years of knowing and meeting him i came to like very much (as i have others on here).

This is an oportune point to say i am roundly sick of what has went on here and i have spent the last few days wondering what is the point of feeling part of a club that appears to be degenerating into a talking shop of what frikin computer is best to plug into the car .

A good friend of mine on here has put his car up for sale and i cant believe what he is asking for it .
I will just say that somebody is going to get a very nice car for little money.

Ok i will get to the point .

I drive a lovely car and its my third 75.
I want to own this car till its no longer feasible.

But at the end of the day its just a car.
It,s not worth anything to the average Joe but to us here we know its worth (and the cost of keep it going).

What i wont do however is let the issues and secret agendas of some on here get inside my head .

Play your little games and satisfy your own self interest (in your own time).

As ever thanks for reading this .
FLYER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd January 2016, 23:21   #2
Lordy
This is my second home

Ford Probe GT.

Thanked 2,516 Times in 1,481 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYER View Post

I have met some lovely people who frankly without our joint interest in these cars i would never have met or had anything in common.

However humans being human i have dealt with some i would avoid at all costs but thats another issue .
Of late the club has been dominated by technical issues of what software/hardware that can be used to fix/upgrade our cars either by individual gurus or by possible future personally owned equipment.

Let me say right now that having followed the ins and outs of the various parties involved i find mysel astounded at the duplicity shown .

I have gained performance wise with two of my 75s at little cost thanks to the work of one particular member who over the years of knowing and meeting him i came to like very much (as i have others on here).

This is an oportune point to say i am roundly sick of what has went on here and i have spent the last few days wondering what is the point of feeling part of a club that appears to be degenerating into a talking shop of what frikin computer is best to plug into the car .

A good friend of mine on here has put his car up for sale and i cant believe what he is asking for it .

It,s not worth anything to the average Joe but to us here we know its worth (and the cost of keep it going).

What i wont do however is let the issues and secret agendas of some on here get inside my head .

I can see your point to be honest, on here I want to have a laugh have a good chat, meet the members in the future and ask questions about our pride and joy and get mine working again.

Nice and simple, I try not to go to deep as FPOC a club I was on was in a state of civil war, between to factions of admins, me being young and stupid as I was 15 when I joined my first club.

Over time I learned to if anybody wants to be a prat let them do it, if others want to join go right ahead.

Just want to relax enjoy and have a good pub like banter.
Cheers.
Anyone got a bottle of VAT 69 please.

Lest we forget.

Never forget them and support our armed forces.

https://i.imgur.com/oyca2Lyl.jpg?1
Passion Never Dies It Only Gets Stronger.
Go your own way.

Lordy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd January 2016, 23:39   #3
A19_Graham
I really should get out more.......

Land Rover Freelander 2

Quote:

Well Said George, I think there is a few who feel the same, but didn't know exactly how to word it all (Myself included, so thanks for that).

It's a car forum at the end of the day, and its only a bleeding car when all said and done too. There's all-sorts of terrible, worrying and awful things happening in the world, and life is stressful enough. Some of the things happening on here, are just not important in the grand scheme of things!
A19_Graham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd January 2016, 00:56   #4
coolcat
This is my second home

Audi Q3 TDI S-Line Quattro

Thanked 12,235 Times in 8,232 Posts

Cheers George for those words

I'm in the same boat as you and wondering what an earth is going on
I've made a few comments tonight and got myself annoyed with things as well.

Time to settle down and relax, as You, Graham and Dave have said, it's only a car and there's plenty more wrong in the world to worry about !
Old 3rd January 2016, 06:40   #5
barney bear
This is my second home

rover 75 Connoiseur diesel called Rosey

Thanked 2,001 Times in 1,424 Posts

Quote:

Spot on as usual George, I've only met one guru and that man is a true gent. Both times I've met him he has answered any question I asked and our Rosey runs like a new car after he plugged his box of tricks into her.

Some members IMVHO just like to see strife in the club, some members are absolute diamonds of the human race. The bickering that has been going on lately are seriously making me consider just moving into the LCOZ and leaving the rest of the forum to the shouty crew.

Everybody I've had dealings with on here have been really genuine members out to help each other, some traders have even kept parts for me for a number of weeks until I've got my wages to pay for them

I think that since 1995 when I passed my test I've had about 40-50 cars, this is the longest I've owned the same car as I usually get bored with them after a couple of months. This forum has played a BIG part in me keeping our Rosey for so long, the bickering and back stabbing on here however are stripping the enjoyment out of membership for me, hopefully the mods will jump on this latest attempt at disruption and we can just get back to the cars.
Old 3rd January 2016, 06:57   #6
windrush
This is my second home

December 2004 Rover 75 2ltr CDTi Connoisseur SE HL Tourer

Thanked 3,015 Times in 2,347 Posts

hi George I can't unstand this its just not like you at all I have follow you posts now for many years on Org and now on here and have never known any thing to get you down I know that at times I am a silly old fool and a bit naive and do not all ways see things as they are ment to be.

So George please don't give in this club needs you
Club Member No. 96 / Forum User No. 111
REGISTRATION to the club as a member FREE, FULL MEMBERSHIP is £10

WE WILL REMEMBER THEM
windrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd January 2016, 08:12   #7
planenut
Regional Secretary

Rover 1.8T Tourer

Thanked 2,036 Times in 1,264 Posts

George, Flyer, I have never met you yet I feel that you are a contributor whom one can trust as a genuine "clubby" type with a fair amount of knowledge. Several on here are so knowledgeable that as soon as they type, all should take note, there are some not so. In all walks of life and especially on computer/online fora there are those who you would not want to meet or talk to ever again in your life - but, they are important, because they give us all something to measure ourselves against.
We are all on a stage and our performance is measureable, and hopefully if our own is a good performance, then others will improve as they also have an example to measure themselves against.
George you should feel quietly chuffed, as others on here should, knowing that you're in the upper bracket, thanks.

(I try to judge whether I am going to open a topic by it's heading, not always a good guide, but saves the brain cells!)

Last edited by planenut; 3rd January 2016 at 08:14..
planenut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd January 2016, 08:25   #8
FLYER
Banned

rover75 cdti AUTO TOURER 160 bhp.

Thanked 3,685 Times in 2,463 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by windrush View Post
hi George I can't unstand this its just not like you at all I have follow you posts now for many years on Org and now on here and have never known any thing to get you down I know that at times I am a silly old fool and a bit naive and do not all ways see things as they are ment to be.

Silly old fool ??

Naive ???
Your nothing of the sort.
Your a well respected well thought of senior man.

Your in the same mould as my late friend Martyn Proctor who was on here and Org .

You are both old school made in Britain topmen .

You did your bit .

Your a true gent Delboy.

You dont mind me calling you that do you Derek ?? Lol.
FLYER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd January 2016, 08:50   #9
windrush
This is my second home

December 2004 Rover 75 2ltr CDTi Connoisseur SE HL Tourer

Thanked 3,015 Times in 2,347 Posts
Thumbs up

Quote:
Silly old fool ??

Naive ???
Your nothing of the sort.
Your a well respected well thought of senior man.

Your in the same mould as my late friend Martyn Proctor who was on here and Org .

You are both old school made in Britain topmen .

You did your bit .

Your a true gent Delboy.

You dont mind me calling you that do you Derek ?? Lol.

George I feel very honoured and thank you very much for those compliments
Club Member No. 96 / Forum User No. 111
REGISTRATION to the club as a member FREE, FULL MEMBERSHIP is £10

WE WILL REMEMBER THEM
windrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd January 2016, 09:37   #10
barney bear
This is my second home

rover 75 Connoiseur diesel called Rosey

Thanked 2,001 Times in 1,424 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by windrush View Post

You are neither a fool nor naive Derek, you are a true gent who hasn't got a nasty thing to say about anybody.

Don't be worrying if you miss what some peoples meanings are on here, that just shows how much of a gentleman you really are sir. You just keep doing what you do and leave the fighting to the keyboard warriors