Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Social Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 23rd January 2014, 20:22   #21
RPWC
This is my second home

75 model car

Thanked 5,083 Times in 3,114 Posts

Looks a bit like the one I had years ago, the previous holder had been chucked off as he never did anything with it,and it had been used as a dumping ground. It was covered in bricks, broken glass,rotten wood,and tons of weeds, I was given 6 months rent free to get it tidied up. Bought a hen house for it but never actually kept hens there,as I found that spending time on the allotment, meant that the garden at home was neglected, so had to give it up as couldn't keep on top of both. Still got the hens though, in the back garden.
If any north east members want some free range eggs FOC, just ask.
May bring some to some meets this year.
Old 23rd January 2014, 20:53   #22
FLYER
Banned

rover75 cdti AUTO TOURER 160 bhp.

Thanked 3,685 Times in 2,463 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPWC View Post
Looks a bit like the one I had years ago, the previous holder had been chucked off as he never did anything with it,and it had been used as a dumping ground. It was covered in bricks, broken glass,rotten wood,and tons of weeds, I was given 6 months rent free to get it tidied up. Bought a hen house for it but never actually kept hens there,as I found that spending time on the allotment, meant that the garden at home was neglected, so had to give it up as couldn't keep on top of both. Still got the hens though, in the back garden.
If any north east members want some free range eggs FOC, just ask.
May bring some to some meets this year.
cant see me giving mine up as iv,e done a power of work and the committee aside ive made good friends.

can be hard work but very rewarding.
FLYER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th January 2014, 22:09   #23
damienp
This is my second home

skoda estate

One of the reasons for having an allotment is the peace and quiet. Today i went up to mine to do some clearing of weeds and digging over, but the woman on the plot nextdoor couldn't keep her gob shut. A nice enough woman, but ffs she can't half talk some ********
It's no wonder her husband does football refereeing on a saturday.
damienp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th January 2014, 19:27   #24
macafee2
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Thanked 3,032 Times in 2,181 Posts

Allotments, vegetable patches can be a lot of work but once cleared its quite fun.
Lucky to have the allotment I hope you enjoy it. I think waiting lists can be many years in some places
We have 3 vegetable patches, a fruit cage I made and 2 green houses. if we grow more then we need we give it away.

For your shed, Greenhouse and if you want them water butts have you something called Freecycle? Try a Google search for freecycle in your county. It's web based and people list on there things they want to get rid of and things the want... all for free. An email is sent to members who then in turn then ask via email if they can have the item. They have to collet it. It's all for free. some people give away stuff that is worth a few pound. Don't join just to get stuff to sell. I got a 8X8 greenhouse from one person, glass from a couple of others and the opening window by chance from another person.

In winter the larger greenhouse stores the two love benches I got at a car boot sale for £2.50 each

What's an 8X8 galvinised greenhouse worth?

looking forward to a good growing year this year, good luck
macafee2
macafee2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th January 2014, 19:36   #25
FLYER
Banned

Today i have been doing carpentry work on the plot , i,m building raised beds and easy to maintain rows.

Lousy weather but just got on with it , also dug over an area i covered with horse manure in autumn.

To be honest there is always something to do.
Old 30th January 2014, 18:37   #26
TR75
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 CDT Connoisseur SE Auto

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYER View Post
Today i have been doing carpentry work on the plot , i,m building raised beds and easy to maintain rows.

Lousy weather but just got on with it , also dug over an area i covered with horse manure in autumn.

To be honest there is always something to do.
We have been lucky enough to move from the big city to the countryside. Step outside our back door and we have mature fruit trees and 50 square metres of vegetable patches. Then we have a greenhouse surrounded by a chicken patch with another 10 metre square patch as well as a mature garden and lawn to tend.

Like you said, always something to do and I find it very therapeutic after a hard day at work. Just waiting for the spring to begin so we can get everything planted up.
Old 30th January 2014, 19:18   #27
FLYER
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TR75 View Post
We have been lucky enough to move from the big city to the countryside. Step outside our back door and we have mature fruit trees and 50 square metres of vegetable patches. Then we have a greenhouse surrounded by a chicken patch with another 10 metre square patch as well as a mature garden and lawn to tend.

Like you said, always something to do and I find it very therapeutic after a hard day at work. Just waiting for the spring to begin so we can get everything planted up.
get ready for the attack of the pests in spring/summer , grubs in the soil and flying insects laying eggs .

Plenty of winter digging and protection in spring/summer.
Biggest pests are slugs as they can chew baby veggies at the stem .

It,s war.

Kill em all.
Old 9th February 2014, 17:39   #28
mark_bonsai
I really should get out more.......

Rover 75 CDT Saloon

Well a productive weekend. Now got both a shed and a greenhouse for the allotment.

Greenhouse shown at the sellers house before being disassembled.
Re-mapped. EGR bypass. De-catted. 18" Apex's. ZT190 brakes & suspension. Xenon projectors. Powerfold bullets. Electric rear sun blind. Auto dipping rear view mirror. Wood and leather steering wheel. Wood handbrake handle. Full leather sports seats. Harman Kardon speakers & sub. Navall 2 double din through 500w Kenwood amp. Fully chromed front grill.
mark_bonsai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th February 2014, 19:10   #29
FLYER
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark_bonsai View Post
Well a productive weekend. Now got both a shed and a greenhouse for the allotment.

Greenhouse shown at the sellers house before being disassembled.
ah progress.
Old 9th February 2014, 20:29   #30
mark_bonsai
I really should get out more.......

Rover 75 CDT Saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYER View Post
ah progress.
Yes made a real difference this week with a few gaps in the weather.

Re-mapped. EGR bypass. De-catted. 18" Apex's. ZT190 brakes & suspension. Xenon projectors. Powerfold bullets. Electric rear sun blind. Auto dipping rear view mirror. Wood and leather steering wheel. Wood handbrake handle. Full leather sports seats. Harman Kardon speakers & sub. Navall 2 double din through 500w Kenwood amp. Fully chromed front grill.
mark_bonsai is offline   Reply With Quote