Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 19th January 2018, 10:42   #121
coab
This is my second home

2007 57 GOLF GTi EDITION 30 DSG

Thanked 1,452 Times in 852 Posts

I dont like the way you pay inadvance for a unit then for you to wait a few months to receive it. Your basically paying for his stock.
A sensible way to sort this is to ship a load over to the UK and have an agent. Im sure these units are bought wholesale at very cheap prices to pay someone as an agent. Joe blogs buys one and if its a duff one he sends it to said agent and he tests and swaps it for a new one job done no if or buts just the way it should be. Old units sent back to China for manufacturer to repair or replace for the original stock buyer i.e Sean.
I believe we have a chap on here who is UK based and thats how it should be done. It then takes away the weeks of communication when all you want is a working wireless....sorry radio.
coab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th January 2018, 10:45   #122
pletevl
Posted a thing or two

rover 75 cdti(rhd), MG ZR(lhd), MG TF(lhd), MG TF(rhd), mini mpi (lhd), Renault megane III (awful)

That is how it was done, and it worked very well, he used coolcat, who has now moved over to other things and it's all gone downhill ever since
pletevl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th January 2018, 11:06   #123
mystabe
Posted a thing or two

Mazda 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by coab View Post
I dont like the way you pay inadvance for a unit then for you to wait a few months to receive it. Your basically paying for his stock.
A sensible way to sort this is to ship a load over to the UK and have an agent. Im sure these units are bought wholesale at very cheap prices to pay someone as an agent. Joe blogs buys one and if its a duff one he sends it to said agent and he tests and swaps it for a new one job done no if or buts just the way it should be. Old units sent back to China for manufacturer to repair or replace for the original stock buyer i.e Sean.
I believe we have a chap on here who is UK based and thats how it should be done. It then takes away the weeks of communication when all you want is a working wireless....sorry radio.
It's not quite that simple though really is it, despite the price these aren't quality things and as they get 'updated' every month or so what you paid £400 for a year ago is junk a year later if it breaks as they aren't really designed to be repaired. I suspect the Chinese manufacturers would be very uninterested in someone returning faulty equipment for a refund or replacement, they are all about selling not customer service. That's probably Sean's problem really.

I'm not defending him, he's chosen to sell these things but I am glad that the problems have been highlighted, I was one of the first people to complain properly about how rubbish they are and at first I just got lots of people saying how happy they are with theirs (and I'm sure lots of people still are) £400 is £400 though and no matter how much money you have no one likes spending that only to find out you've spent it on junk.
mystabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th January 2018, 11:45   #124
VVC-Geeza
This is my second home

2005 Connoisseur SE 1.8 Turbo,2004 45 1.8 Connoisseur and my beloved 1998 VVC Coupe.

Thanked 1,016 Times in 739 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jubbarelly View Post
Im UK based, UK based Stock with UK based warranty repair when required and fitting available, yet I still find it very hard to compete...

I dont understand why, just dont get it.

I answer emails, messenger, texts and PMs pretty much straight away, even help those that have gone else where when they get stuck!

I put alot of money, time and effort into androidice so its easy for people to use with what I think are excellent prices, but folk STILL go to outside UK based sellers, it does my head in lol, just dont get it!

Jub
It's beyond me people haven't given this chap a proper go.He's UK based AND a forum member.He will certainly be my choice if/when I upgrade.

VVC-Geeza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th January 2018, 12:30   #125
pletevl
Posted a thing or two

rover 75 cdti(rhd), MG ZR(lhd), MG TF(lhd), MG TF(rhd), mini mpi (lhd), Renault megane III (awful)

Quote:
Originally Posted by VVC-Geeza View Post
It's beyond me people haven't given this chap a proper go.He's UK based AND a forum member.He will certainly be my choice if/when I upgrade.
It's probably a lot to do with the "word of mouth" situation, let's face it, Sean HAD a really good name, he would bend over backwards to help people out and people spoke about it and his business must have been booming.
Old 19th January 2018, 13:40   #126
Ennine
Posted a thing or two

Ford

Quote:
Originally Posted by pletevl View Post
It's probably a lot to do with the "word of mouth" situation, let's face it, Sean HAD a really good name, he would bend over backwards to help people out and people spoke about it and his business must have been booming.
I'm afraid sean dropping off the grid is nothing new. lots of excuses but always managed to talk his way out of it.Over the past couple of years I have been amazed over and over again how many disgruntled customers have posted that Sean just has not replied. Of course Sean would eventually show up (tipped the wink by Jeff I suspect) and it would all go away only to rear its head again some time later. I afarid that Sean's failing is not the gear or the delays it's not bothering to reply to people, not bothering to be honest and always coming up with reasons it's not his fault and not keeping people in the loop. Sometimes as a trader you have to be prepared to be out of pocket a little for the odd customer, this show of good will can do nothing but good for any business, particularly one with good profit margins. Sean cost me a lot of money but more than that, I felt betrayed by his chummy attitude that turned out to be nothing but BS. The only pity about the current situation is that his behaviour should have been dealt with a long time ago, meaning many of those now affected would have been spared.

Nige

How to: Replace touch screen Navall II

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Ennine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th January 2018, 14:29   #127
pletevl
Posted a thing or two

Luckily I'm "only" about £25 out of pocket.

Pete.
Old 19th January 2018, 14:34   #128
murphyv310
This is my second home

Hyundai i10 998cc

Thanked 2,298 Times in 1,349 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by VVC-Geeza View Post
I'd agree.
The thing is though that selling cannot be taken lightly and i'm not inferring Jub is doing this lightly.
The snag with electronics especially today is simply the lack of service info and spares, so when an item is sold and outwith the 28 day return period and it fails then its often the retailer that fits the bill, certainly initially if a unit has to be returned to the manufacturer in China. The bigger issue comes once the manufacturers warranty runs out. Under the Sale of Goods Act you can claim under its rules a fault up to 6 years, in this instance it's the retailer who looses as the manufacturer will have washed his hands by then.
If Jub has a decent back up, an engineer and spares, then he will do well and get good reports, without the backup then I'm not so sure.
I sold TV's in my business and even by 2004 some manufacturers were poor with parts and one such customer complained and went to trading standards about a 3 year old TV, I could not source a replacement transformer and had to buy a new set out of my pocket and replace the customers set. That ended my sales..... no more afterwards, its the retailer who suffers not the manufacturer.

Last edited by murphyv310; 19th January 2018 at 14:37..
murphyv310 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th January 2018, 14:47   #129
Ennine
Posted a thing or two

Ford

If Jubb had been going when I bought my Nav I would most certainly considered him. Going alone on what I have read here about the guy since he's been trading, he's certainly available and quick to respond, which has to be a good sign. I am not for one moment getting into who's better than who. For me, it's a case of hindsight but at the time there was little alternative. If Jubbs gives the support and service then he is certainly more deserving to do well. I was in business long anough to know the highs and lows of customer service, it's not easy but if you do the very best you can then at least you can sleep a little easier

Nige

How to: Replace touch screen Navall II

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Ennine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th January 2018, 15:07   #130
topman
This is my second home

MG ZT-T 190

Quick question, for those that have been waiting for a long time for their head units, have you considered claiming the money back and then going elsewhere?

I've not bought one of these new radios from anyone. just curious.

http://www.qwghlm.co.uk/toys/dailymail/
topman is offline   Reply With Quote