Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > I.C.E. Forum > Sat Nav Hardware & Software > Double Din Navigation Systems
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 19th January 2018, 12:43   #11
Yella Fella
Nemo Me Impune Lacessit

None at the moment

Thanked 1,094 Times in 666 Posts

The back of the DD unit is pretty much the same size as a single din unit, all located at the top half so it will natural want to tilt back, pushing the base out as per your picture.

My ZT has an "L" bracket bolted on at the very back of the dash that supported the single din part when fitted, so it didn't tilt back pushing the base out.

There might be just a bolt hole but see if you have a bolt at the back or hole for the bolt and "L" bracket.
Old 19th January 2018, 13:22   #12
Dallas
This is my second home

1979 Capri 1.6L, 1982 Capri 1.6L, 2016 Dacia Stepway

Thanked 3,397 Times in 2,218 Posts

Like this...

Dallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th January 2018, 13:54   #13
T16
I really should get out more.......

ZT CDTi 135, ZT260SE

Not sure if people are misreading or not..

But.. its nothing to do with clips or being pushed out at the bottom.

Physically unless the centre console is cut into a big hole and the lugs removed off at the bottom either side.. the radio is too thick at the bottom, it is as simple as that. It cannot go back any further.

Looking on google images, I see that most people with these units have a dodgy install. Some of them are even crooked from left to right!!

Heres an image of the dash hole:-

Look at the two ears sticking out at the bottom of the hole each side above the A/C.

It is these bits of dash which prevent the Android units from going further back. So you chop them off.... then there is nothing to prevent your unit from being pushed in, and its only supported by the top two screws.

The BMW Alpine does not have this problem, so I can only surmise, that the dimensions of the Androids or the configuration of the back is different.

If you cut the dash, then there is nothing for the clips to spring against, so its a real conundrum on what to do for the best here.

I would really rather not have a radio which looks like its been fitted by a blind child, its an embarrassment.
T16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th January 2018, 14:02   #14
T16

ZT CDTi 135, ZT260SE

Heres an original 75 Highline:-

Not sure it looks a huge amount different, but SOMETHING must be.

Do people who had original highline cars have those two bits of dash sticking out into the hole? Maybe they cut them different at the factory for the different radios?

Another image showing the two little bits that the radio butts up against:-

Last edited by T16; 19th January 2018 at 14:04..
Old 19th January 2018, 16:50   #15
Sjonnie
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 2.5 Manual Starlight Silver

Well, I do think my NavAll 1 fits in rather snuggly. OK, if you look really close you can see that the unit is sticking out about .5 mm at the bottom.

This is how it looks:

Didn't have to use washers at the top of the CCM

Sjonnie

Rover 75 2.5 Manual MK2 MY 05 Starlight Silver - Miss March 2022 / Miss May 2023
MG F 1.8i MK2 MY 00 in Anthracite

MG ZT-T 190+ MK2 MY 05 Xpower Grey (sold) - Mr Cover page 2021
Dearly missed: ꝉ ꝉ MG ZT 190+ MK2 MY 04 in Black Olive #8/8 R.I.P. - Miss February 2016

Quote:
If it don't fit use a hammer
Sjonnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th January 2018, 16:58   #16
Yella Fella
Nemo Me Impune Lacessit

None at the moment

Thanked 1,094 Times in 666 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallas View Post
Like this...

YES This will support the unit keepin it in like withthe facia.
Old 19th January 2018, 18:11   #17
ceedy
This is my second home

All Trophy Blue ,ZT260#50 , ZT CDTI Auto, ZR105+ and 1.8T Firefrost spoiling the Set .

Thanked 1,214 Times in 768 Posts

Just starting all this on my CDTi , but it had had a fullsize wince DD unit with a DD fascia in for the last 8 years, so a lot of the insulation at the back has already been chopped out.
But this one seems a bit wider ?.

But so far its needed the plastic lugs cut off and it may still need the metal cut , as theres not much more I can cut from the fibre dash. and the metal lug corners foul right up in the top corners of the aperture.

But Waiting for info on why the Wifi won't connect, before I commit any more chopping , as without Wifi a lot of the features won't work.

And the Old Erising unit still works and fits in as is .!

Chris
Wifey's Zr105, MY CDTI & 260 #50 and
Number One sons 1.8T in Firefrost
When I were a lad
Zero to 142 in 10.25 secs at the Pod on my Blown Norton.
210 Kart Champ in 70's

ceedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th January 2018, 21:29   #18
T16

ZT CDTi 135, ZT260SE

I have the answer why all these s***ty chinese units dont fit.

They are the wrong size. I measured up the Rover fitment that takes the single DIN, and it has two legs on the back SPECIFICALLY to butt against the two tabs in the hole at the bottom. This Xtrons is 3.5mm wider at the bottom, might not sound a lot, bit it correlates almost exactly with what you see in the pictures above.

These lugs in the hole are thick solid plastic, CLEARLY meant to support a bit of force from the radio being pressed, so I was correct.

Only viable solution is to take off metal and 1-2mm of plastic at the back of the unit at each lower corner. This means leaving a bit of a hole at each corner of the unit. (it has big gaps and stuff you can see through anyway)

The only other option would be to butcher your center console a little, if you do this then depending on what you decided to do to it, you would risk not being able to fit the original stuff or Genuine Rover stuff back in.

Modding the Xtrons is a bit of a mission, as there is a screw holding the front fasica on about 16 mm from the botton, and the two lugs in the hole in the enter console are about 15mm high, so it would be a combination of shaving off a little of each just to ease the fit.

What would you lot do?

1) Return the damn thing as not fit for purpose.
2) Carefully modify the Xtrons at the lower corners making a seamless and perfect finish, then get the clips for the thing so it fits like an actual radio instead of a NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD-.
3) Sell it to someone who doesnt care about a 3.5mm gap or hacking their centre console
4) Fit it looking mickey mouse, then set the car and its contents on fire with petrol and check myself into an institute.

Thoughts? I'm not sure I can be bothered any more, but Im stuck as I still need a new radio that can do MP3, and work with the steering wheel controls.

At least we have an answer for this particular brand. I measured the fat barsteward at I think 31.5mm/32mm (rubbish moulding) and the Rover unit at 28.3/28.5 mm deep. So there is a noticable dimensional difference.

Last edited by T16; 19th January 2018 at 21:33..
Old 20th January 2018, 00:32   #19
Ennine
Posted a thing or two

Ford

Lots of time and endless patience

Nice
Attached Images
File Type: jpg fit.jpg (127.0 KB, 132 views)

How to: Replace touch screen Navall II

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Ennine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th January 2018, 00:48   #20
T16

ZT CDTi 135, ZT260SE

You cant just drop a one liner and go!

Did you go down the road of my suggestion and take a few mm of the back of the unit?