Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > I.C.E. Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 25th February 2009, 14:26   #1
allyp

MG ZT +

Cool Mg Zt Bass Box

Forgive me for being a bit thick , i've never had an mg before and am considering fitting a bass box and amp is the wiring already there, its an 2001 mg zt+ i've heard people say it already fitted in the loom ? HELP !!!!!
allyp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th February 2009, 20:14   #2
Livermpj
Loves to post

Rover 75 CDT Club saloon

Hi, I've just fitted a Pioneer TS-WX11A to the front passenger footwell (bolted to the panel under the glovebox). Despite it's relatively small size, it sounds great

There was no wiring present in the car, I used the cigar lighter supply (purple/yellow) and a remote trigger from the head unit (blue/white). If your head unit doesn't have a line-level audio o/p, then the Pioneer sub can be driven from the main speakers (but with the disadvantage that the main speakers must be driven with the full frequency range, and so will distort more easily).

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...ad.php?t=32605

Hope this makes sense,
Pete.
Livermpj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th February 2009, 21:36   #3
eddybrown
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Club CDT & 73' MG Midget

Is it wise to draw the power from the cigar lighter? That sub/amp will draw 50W, personally I'd run a power lead direct from the battery and stick a fuse inline just after the battery.

Looks a good choice of subwoofer though, very nice install. I have a fullsize 12" and whilst the boot is big it does still take up a bit of room and you loose that flexibility.
eddybrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th February 2009, 22:11   #4
mantianak
I really should get out more.......

ZT 190+ Saloon

I think there was a sub option for 75/ZT's but I doubt its high power. If you're looking for a custom powerful system (alpine, jl, etc) then you will definitely need a power cable straight from the battery.
mantianak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th February 2009, 13:50   #5
allyp

MG ZT +

Smile Mg Zt Bass Box

Thanks guys, that makes thing clearer.
Cheers
:lol:
allyp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th February 2009, 19:02   #6
Livermpj
Loves to post

Rover 75 CDT Club saloon

Hi allyp, the Pioneer sub comes with an in-line 10A fuse, so the cigar lighter supply should be OK (it's fused at 15A).
A sub with a more powerful amp will need more current, in which case I'd be tempted to take a supply from the primary fusebox in the engine compartment.
Cheers, Pete.
Livermpj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th February 2009, 23:26   #7
shakennstirred
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 ConnSE

Quote:
Originally Posted by mantianak View Post
I think there was a sub option for 75/ZT's but I doubt its high power. If you're looking for a custom powerful system (alpine, jl, etc) then you will definitely need a power cable straight from the battery.
its the Harman kardon stereo upgrade and i believe its about 130watt amp and sub under the rear parcel shelf and upgraded speakers/tweeters
British racing green
Harman kardon stereo upgrade//SYNERGY TUNING MODULE/EGR bypass/intake mod
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
shakennstirred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th March 2009, 15:12   #8
Phil1
Regular poster

MGZT135+ Poseidon

I fitted a sub in my old ZT and its dead easy to fit! I used some rather meaty cable on mine and apart from having to modify the grommits through the double bulkhead, it was a doddle. The amount of space for cable down the sills is nothing short of mind boggling, its huge! For best effect run the power cable down the drivers side (easiest place to get it through the bulkhead), and the remote and phono cables from the stereo down the passenger side (to cut out interferance from the power cable).

Remember to keep the fuse from the battery live terminal as close as possible to the battery. If any wire chaffing should take place then it will still blow easily.
Phil1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th March 2009, 17:03   #9
jaiscossie

MGZT CDTI

I want to do this to my new mgzt :-)
jaiscossie is offline   Reply With Quote