Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 23rd January 2010, 17:19   #11
loz1971
Posted a thing or two

2000 (W) Rover 75 CDT Connoisseur SE (manual)

I bought a CDT 75, and I was/am impressed with it's power, it's a lot better than my old 2.0 Peugeot 406, but I have done the EGR and PCV. I am now waiting for the MAF to fail, so that I can replace it with Ron's box of tricks

As above, try more, sounds like that one may have been neglected!!

"Plus It's not a man purse, it's called a satchel...Indiana Jones wears one"
loz1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd January 2010, 17:51   #12
baconbuttyman
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobthebuilder View Post
I went for my first test drive on a CDT 75 today and was really disappointed. The car felt really flat, no real omph at low revs, whereas I was expecting some low down torque. I've read about various causes of this (MAF deterioration etc) so was considering letting this go. What really put me off was the clutch and gearbox.

The clutch had recently been replaced but the biting point was really low, so low that I kept stalling it. Also I frequently found it very hard to get the car in gear at all! To my untrained eye, the clutch needed adjusting, but I just got a bad vibe about the whole thing.

I'm no boy racer, but am I expecting too much?
i must say i drove about four cdt and found 2 that same as you,, the other two wernt much better, thats why i went for a petrol car, the 75 is a heavy lump any way and the added weight of the diesle engin makes it worse, thats my take on it any way
baconbuttyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd January 2010, 18:50   #13
wuzerk
Passed Away

Rover 75 CDT 03 auto Conn. SE

Default Cdt

There is nothing wrong with the standard CDT when running as it should do. My auto connie CDT was quite capable of chirruping the tyres from a standstill but is a different car with a Synergy added of course. Any diesel which is sluggish from standstill to about 1800 revs should have the MAF unplugged which should restore the performance and thus prove that it is the Maf which is below par. This is easy to do once you know how but you could use it as a bargaining point. The Automatic suits the 75 perfectly..

Last edited by wuzerk; 23rd January 2010 at 18:54..
wuzerk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd January 2010, 19:16   #14
2Diesels
Trader

ZT 260SE, Connoisseur CDT

When I was looking I test drove a 75 CDT tourer & it drove absolutely fantastic it was no ball of fire but it wasn't obviously numb & the clutch & gearchange were lovely sadly it sold before I got the pennies together though. So dont be put off try a few more you'll find a good'un in the end

Regards Col
2Diesels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd January 2010, 23:03   #15
Chris Broughton
Loves to post

2003 Rover 75 CDTi Tourer Connie SE + Projectors ,Chrome Grille +Hi Line Nav,Walnut Kit,Sunroof.

Default Dissapointed

Quote:
I went for my first test drive on a CDT 75 today and was really disappointed. The car felt really flat, no real omph at low revs, whereas I was expecting some low down torque. I've read about various causes of this (MAF deterioration etc) so was considering letting this go. What really put me off was the clutch and gearbox.

The clutch had recently been replaced but the biting point was really low, so low that I kept stalling it. Also I frequently found it very hard to get the car in gear at all! To my untrained eye, the clutch needed adjusting, but I just got a bad vibe about the whole thing.

I'm no boy racer, but am I expecting too much?
Suggest you try a CDTI with an Auto box if you get the chance and give your left leg a rest.

Chris
Chris Broughton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd January 2010, 23:45   #16
Dragrad
This is my second home

None * DROWNED

Thanked 1,664 Times in 1,081 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Broughton View Post
Suggest you try a CDTI with an Auto box if you get the chance and give your left leg a rest.

Chris
Absolutely!! And then do the mods, add the Synergy and its......

Wheelspins R Us

Andrew
Ich Dien
Problem solving is... lateral thinking

SEARCH FIRST ...ASK LATER...

Dragrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th January 2010, 00:36   #17
Snagger
Gets stuck in

ROVER 75 CDT CLUB SE 02

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raistlin View Post
Can you explain please?
The breather system has a filter that needs cleaning, but is not part of the service schedule.When it is blocked it gives the same symptoms(exhaust burning oil) of either blown turbo seals, or a failed /failing turbo !!

The whole new assembly (minus filter, with baffle) can be swapped with the existing one with BMW prt B11127799224 Listed :- breather,

Or you can simply swap the filter element section of your existing breather housing, with a fit and forget baffle type component, which does the job the filter fails to do when clogged,just clips into its place, with no further action required.

BMW prt no B11127799367
Listed oil :- seperat (oil seperator abv)

Cleaned my filter recently and has got rid of slight smoking symptoms, with slight improvement in response/ mpg, and has convinced me to swap this filter over, to the new baffle system.

Groover.
Snagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th January 2010, 09:04   #18
Raistlin
Banned

75 CDT Connoisseur SE Auto

Quote:
Originally Posted by the lone groover View Post
The breather system has a filter that needs cleaning, but is not part of the service schedule.When it is blocked it gives the same symptoms(exhaust burning oil) of either blown turbo seals, or a failed /failing turbo !!

The whole new assembly (minus filter, with baffle) can be swapped with the existing one with BMW prt B11127799224 Listed :- breather,

Or you can simply swap the filter element section of your existing breather housing, with a fit and forget baffle type component, which does the job the filter fails to do when clogged,just clips into its place, with no further action required.

BMW prt no B11127799367
Listed oil :- seperat (oil seperator abv)

Cleaned my filter recently and has got rid of slight smoking symptoms, with slight improvement in response/ mpg, and has convinced me to swap this filter over, to the new baffle system.

Groover.
Thank you for that
Raistlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th January 2010, 09:11   #19
bobthebuilder
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 CDTi Connoisseur SE

I had discounted an auto on the grounds of reduced mpg, but there seem to be some good value autos out there, frequently loaded with all the toys.

Whereas I have an appreciation that clutches goes and cost a bit to replace, how reliable are the auto boxes? And how big a hit on motorway mpg would I take with an auto?

Auto Conny CDTi here I come
bobthebuilder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th January 2010, 09:20   #20
Raistlin
Banned

75 CDT Connoisseur SE Auto

Quote:
I had discounted an auto on the grounds of reduced mpg, but there seem to be some good value autos out there, frequently loaded with all the toys.

Whereas I have an appreciation that clutches goes and cost a bit to replace, how reliable are the auto boxes? And how big a hit on motorway mpg would I take with an auto?

Auto Conny CDTi here I come
Just my view, of course, but I'd suggest that you try an automatic... or two. They are not to everybody's taste nor are they necessarily the right choice but I think that the decision to go for one or not ought to be decided after you've some experience rather than making a financial decision first.

If you really like them then the cost of increased fuel consumption and road tax, IMO, is more than compensated for. Bear in mind that I haven't a clue what your circumstances are and whether a few extra MPG would make or break - it's only MY opinion based upon MY circumstances

Fuel consumption on the motorway doesn't take a big hit if you're doing steady speeds.

My fuel overall consumption is is noticeably worse than a manual equivalent in purely measured terms but, I still seem to visit the filling station every two weeks to fill up, which is what I used to do when I had the manual.
Raistlin is offline   Reply With Quote