Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 22nd May 2014, 10:34   #1
GHS

MG ZT

Default Near side rear indicator problem

MG zt diesel early 20004. Just replaced rear nearside indicator bulb, had warning light on to tell me a bulb had gone. Front indicator flashing madly, rear one out. Not solved the problem. Checked old and new bulbs and both ok so problem must be elsewhere. Don't think its a connection problem cos all dry and corrosion free. Are they independantly fused? Or could it be a relay box, any advice please
GHS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd May 2014, 11:17   #2
berkshirelad
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Tourer Connoisseur SE

Quote:
Originally Posted by GHS View Post
MG zt diesel early 20004. Just replaced rear nearside indicator bulb, had warning light on to tell me a bulb had gone. Front indicator flashing madly, rear one out. Not solved the problem. Checked old and new bulbs and both ok so problem must be elsewhere. Don't think its a connection problem cos all dry and corrosion free. Are they independantly fused? Or could it be a relay box, any advice please
The indicator lights are all individually fed from the LSM. There is no relay in this sense.

So you have dodgy cabling or a screwed LSM. As the LSM holds the back-up mileage for the IPK, replacement involves a T4 session.

However, as long as you do not drive the car, you can simply substitute the LSM for a known good one just to see if the indicators work then.
berkshirelad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd May 2014, 11:59   #3
clf
This is my second home

MG ZT CDTi

Thanked 2,657 Times in 1,973 Posts

I have had similar. For me, it was one of two things. Towing relay box had become damp because of water leading in the light units, moving it out of the way allowing it to dry, seemed to cure it, but there was also corrosion on the bulb holders too, which I cleaned. So far so good

It is not gloss primer .............. it is duct tape silver!
clf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 28th May 2014, 13:27   #4
KelV6
Avid contributor

Audi A4 Avant - formerly a ZT-T

Luckily it was OK for the MOT yesterday, but my front offside indicator has been playing up for about a month (on and off!!) a good thump of the bumper seems to do the trick for a little while anyway...

Are the bulbs a push fit into the holder ?
KelV6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th May 2014, 13:57   #5
clf
This is my second home

MG ZT CDTi

Thanked 2,657 Times in 1,973 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by KelV6 View Post
Luckily it was OK for the MOT yesterday, but my front offside indicator has been playing up for about a month (on and off!!) a good thump of the bumper seems to do the trick for a little while anyway...

Are the bulbs a push fit into the holder ?
Indicators are supposed to go on and off. :-P

On a more useful note, the fact that thit works with a thump, suggests a loose or corroded connection

It is not gloss primer .............. it is duct tape silver!
clf is online now   Reply With Quote