Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 7th May 2016, 23:08   #271
genpk
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Saloon MGZT

Overall a great piece of work and I suspect with some development it'll be very good, but as already said, not a T4 replacement[/QUOTE]

Agreed, not as yet BUT if Marcin keeps developing it I think that it definately could be very close to a T4. Obviously there is a couple of things that require a "donation ' to access (such as adding keys) and maybe one day when there is very few of these cars left,(and very few requests),these options might be end up being free and opened up to users.
As somone mentioned,there are still a few modules that dont really display full data and some of the polish to english translations are a bit hard to understand in a few modules (by the way Marcins english is way better than my Polish !!!!) but each new version of TOAF is getting closer to what a T4 does.
Have to take my hat off to the guy,pretty impressive!!!
genpk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th May 2016, 03:49   #272
WillyHeckaslike
This is my second home

Rovers 75 & 25

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by genpk View Post
By the way, Marcin's English is way better than my Polish! Have to take my hat off to the guy, pretty impressive!
He certainly knows how to use his loaf.

Well done with your feedback genpk, much appreciated by many I'm sure.
WillyHeckaslike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th May 2016, 09:02   #273
Sector-9
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 CDT manual Tourer

The thing is, TOAF is being actively developed - T4 isn't. T4, whilst remaining the gold standard, is never going to be improved upon or have extra features added, TOAF will improve as long as Marcin keeps interest (donations may help). Having seen it talk to the SRS module on my 45, I know with a bit more research it could be capable of diagnosing models other than the 75/ZT, making it a rival for things like pscan too (for those that only have a 75/ZT I'd say it's already better as pscan can only read/reset codes).
Sector-9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th May 2016, 11:12   #274
Kennyeth
This is my second home

No more Rover

Thanked 1,308 Times in 998 Posts

[QUOTE=tourer;2276256]Sorry for my ignorance but what the heck is TOAF?

Cheers.[/QUOTE

Edit: Posted in wrong thread so deleted my post
Ken.

Last edited by Kennyeth; 13th May 2016 at 11:18..
Kennyeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th May 2016, 12:29   #275
murphyv310
This is my second home

Hyundai i10 998cc

Thanked 2,298 Times in 1,349 Posts

Hi.
Well I have been playing with Toaf a fair bit and I'll be quite honest, as far as I can see it's very good, I have the option of T4 etc but this works extremely well, it works on a really basic notebook, doesn't need to run a CD and can be used on any 75 or ZT possibly excluding the V8 versions.

I'm no computer buff, although pretty well versed in electronics due to my long time in the "trade". Every time I do something though I do a backup beforehand but as yet it has been unnecessary with the exception of copying from one BCU to a newer type.
It certainly gets the thumbs up from me.
Old 13th May 2016, 21:35   #276
clf
This is my second home

MG ZT CDTi

Thanked 2,657 Times in 1,973 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by clf View Post
I have tried TOAF. Well, when I say try, I connected it up. Had a look around, clicking on the various modules. Being mindful with each click I made, because I couldnt see any back up option that people referred to. Then I see the HRW delete. Instinctively because, it was probably the only thing that bore any attraction to me, I clicked it. Noticed the save, clicked just as I noticed the back up button.

Some will ask why I wished to disable the auto HRW. Well in the few hundred times it has come on, I can safely say I needed it 4 or 5 of those times! A bit like the extra wear on locks with double presses and auto locking (which I happen to appreciate after a spate of traffic light hijackings here), it adds unnecessary wear on the switch and heating elements.

So the heated element went off and I couldnt resist trying the police lights. I have tried it, dont need to do it again lol.

Next I looked at the thousands of 'sporadic' fault codes. WOW! If my car was a horse, it would have been shot. Til I looked closer. Bulb warnings, SRS warnings etc. Clicked on a lot of them, then cleared them, because they seemed to go back a long way. But two caught my attention. Low pre fuel pressure (I think that was the term) and strange to me injector readings, possibly why I am only getting 35 mpg instead of the 150 everyone else gets (I really do expect 40 in truth). Once cleared the low pre fuel ones came back, though, so I assume along with injector readings and this, will explain my mpg issues. After my return from holiday, I will investigate further, and ask the appropriate questions, in the appropriate place of course.

A couple of days after doing this, I noticed my key fob long press was not releasing my boot. (mk2). So I assume from this is related to what Brian has suggested below. I am due to drive to the airport in a few hours, so I am not going to risk setting it back just 'til I return lol.
Quote:
Originally Posted by longer86 View Post
Did boot release works before you connect toaf? If yes, go to bcu settings and check boot open configuration.
Hi Maciej, today is the first chance I got to look at where things went wrong. Looking through the BCM module, I noticed that on the tailgate fitted option, had no marks at all on the radio buttons. I saved prior to selecting the 'not fitted' option. That did not work. However, looking further, boot release AND tailgate glass release were both enabled! (I did not select either of these at any time ever.) Once I disabled the tailgate glass release, it worked again.

The only option I changed, was in version 40, the HRW delete.

It is not gloss primer .............. it is duct tape silver!
clf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th May 2016, 15:14   #277
Phill_190
Gets stuck in

MG ZT Saloon

Cool Toaf

Hi, if I download TOAF what kind of options can I enable and disable? Is it easy to do theseoptions without bricking my car? :/

Cheers
Phill
Phill_190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th May 2016, 17:57   #278
JonMs
Avid contributor

Rover 75 CDTi Tourer

Well, so far I have used it to change the central locking so that all doors open with one press of the key fob rather than one push for drivers door and another for the rest. Also changed the setting so that the rear heated screen doesn't automatically come on at low temps.
Very easy to do, but these options were obvious. Just don't go changing stuff unless you absolutely know what it will do.
JonMs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th May 2016, 01:18   #279
Dragrad
This is my second home

None * DROWNED

Thanked 1,664 Times in 1,081 Posts

Please note this post....

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...4&postcount=31

Andrew
Ich Dien
Problem solving is... lateral thinking

SEARCH FIRST ...ASK LATER...

Dragrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th May 2016, 13:26   #280
v-man
I really should get out more.......

Ford Fezza Poverty Spec & ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sector-9 View Post
It can't alter the number of wipes, but it can enable/disable auto wipe with screen washers, rain sensing wipers and speed-related wiping.

As a bonus, I've discovered it'll also connect to my diesel 45- though the only ECU it can read is SRS. I expect it'd be able to read the MEMS ECU on petrol versions though?
It seems to connect to my 45 petrol ECU.

As with your diesel also to the Teves based SRS.

Report potholes, flytipping, broken streetlights - www.fixmystreet.com

Find cheaper diesel/petrol - www.petrolprices.com
2001 Rover 45 1.8 Impression S owned for 15 years, now scrapped.
v-man is offline   Reply With Quote