Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Closed Thread

Old 6th December 2015, 22:06   #351
trikey
Premium Trader

Rover 75

Thanked 14,831 Times in 8,030 Posts

Sorry guys I do t agree, this forum is the best place to advertise the fact that dodgy remaps are being peddled about.
Old 6th December 2015, 22:11   #352
Anon3
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by trikey View Post
Sorry guys I do t agree, this forum is the best place to advertise the fact that dodgy remaps are being peddled about.
That's not the same as naming names in public, which is where I have the problem.
Spread the warnings, yes, but don't name anyone until it's 100% proven and the person has been punished by the authorities.

We all know how mud sticks, after all.

Villa, Stella, Balti.
It's Brummie latin that means, er......

Vis tester available to local V6 owners
Old 6th December 2015, 22:20   #353
muggerbee
Gets stuck in

75 Tourer (04),75 Saloon (04)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikerdude666 View Post
I feel sorry for the people who worked hard to create the 160 map, BUT all this accusing of 1 member of 'giving' the map to the fraudster is ridiculous. Yes the map has clearly, at some point, come from his car. But there is no evidence to prove he had any idea it had been copied. Who's to say 'david' even used his real name to the accused. Maybe Steveo knows, however well, the fraudster by another name. It could've been copied in any number of circumstances.

With the way Brian waded in guns blazing, plastering Steveo's car detail and forum name all over the accusing posts, I don't think I'd feel much like helping him find the bloke who copied it either!

A lot of this thread is very school playground-ish, Brian standing up stating 'facts' as he see's them, and loads of member leaning round waving their fists shouting 'Yea!'.

You've got evidence of who's done the dodgy remaps, I think we can all agree on that. But what happened to innocent until proven guilty for the person you're accusing of giving the map to him! Until you have actual proof that Steveo and 'Dave' are mates and planned it all, and Steveo gave free access to his car knowing what Dave was going to do, he is, and should be seen as, innocent.
I'm not going to be seen as a T4 worshipper, but TBH the facts as I read them speak for themselves, the only way to get a VIN from one ECU to another is to rip the contents with either the consent of the original owner or to "trick" the owner. I think we have established that in the oppinion ( ) of any right minded person, this is what has happened, also, I would point out that Brians best chance of redress would possibly be in the civil courts where the standard of proof required is on the balance of probabilities, which if anyone who is flag waving about "beyond reasonable doubt" would surely have to admit is more than substantiated.

If it looks like a duck, swims like a duck, and quacks like a duck, then it probably is a duck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anon3 View Post
That's not the same as naming names in public, which is where I have the problem.
Spread the warnings, yes, but don't name anyone until it's 100% proven and the person has been punished by the authorities.

We all know how mud sticks, after all.
read down ...

2004 Connie SE Tourer Cdti

Last edited by muggerbee; 6th December 2015 at 22:25.. Reason: spelling
Old 6th December 2015, 22:26   #354
marinabrian

MG ZT

Thanked 10,837 Times in 5,718 Posts

Well as OP, I'm requesting this thread be closed, with the proviso it can be reopened pending any future developments.

It is now going around in circles, and the points made have been well and truly understood by all parties involved.

I am now going to leave it to the moderators as a team to identify the party with the multiple login, and Steve to question himself as to who he thinks is responsible for the theft of his cars electronic identity.

To all of the decent members of this forum, on behalf of myself and the others who provide the official 160 upgrade I thank you for your support

Remember, it is not always as simple as it may appear to improve your car's performance, if one thing has been proven here attempting to save money by dealing with unscrupulous individuals peddling counterfeit software is false economy

Also, being duped by someone you trust and believed to be a friend is not pleasant, especially when that person leaves you to handle the resultant fallout from that deception

Brian
Old 6th December 2015, 22:28   #355
Dragrad
This is my second home

None * DROWNED

Thanked 1,664 Times in 1,081 Posts

Thread closed, for the time being, at the request of the OP......

Andrew
Ich Dien
Problem solving is... lateral thinking

SEARCH FIRST ...ASK LATER...

Old 7th December 2015, 00:35   #356
Dragrad
This is my second home

None * DROWNED

Thanked 1,664 Times in 1,081 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by klarzy-dials.com View Post
I think the mods have played a clever game here...

The thread itself is a crucible for the facts of the story to form in, and the discussion around it both warns folk as to the dangers of cheap map offers and warns others away from trying the same kind of thing.
Sometimes, it is best to allow a thread to run to see what it throws up

Further to this......

Multiple account "members" who have utilised this Club for their own gains and purpose have been removed, permanently from the Club.

This thread has drawn the worms out of the woodwork, and after further investigation has now proven to be 99.99999% fact. Job done and thanks to all who have contributed

We need your help

Andrew
Ich Dien
Problem solving is... lateral thinking

SEARCH FIRST ...ASK LATER...

Closed Thread