Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Closed Thread

Old 13th January 2013, 19:26   #361
Steve916
This is my second home

Rover 75 1.8 Connoisseur SE and a Ford S-Max Titanium

The intentions of this club should be to put like minded people in touch with each other and also to keep our cars on the road for many more years to come. There is absolutely no reason to charge a fee to anybody that is helping towards this. Therefore there should be no trader fees at all. Otherwise it's just making money off the back of somebody else, and that isn't right. And nobody gets to see what that money is being used for
Lets see how this resolves.
Plenums, bonnet release mod, handbrake compensator (arctic), rear parking sensors, coolant level sensor (Vindaloo), DRL's, Fan resistor upgrade ( Jules), Marmite lighting, Auto dimming rear view mirror, twin horns, fog lights, real walnut dash, walnut gear knob, Sean DD unit with DVB-T, message centre ipk, electric sun blind, auto opening boot lid, walnut steering wheel, electric seats

Link to my Auto Boot Lift Mod
http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...d.php?t=114273
Old 13th January 2013, 19:27   #362
rover54
Retired

rover 75 v6 Auto Conn. SE 54 plate LPG and 2006 Rover 75 v6 Auto LPG , 1.8 r75 Manual

I am pleased from Phil and the club that Phil is staying, the club needs him and anybody who has a T4 or something else to offer as members benefit. Over the last 24 hrs I have thought of jacking it in after I got a certain PM from Reebs, and if something wasn't sorted out with regards to Phil, then I would have left as well, so know it appears you have got to put up with me for a little while longer.

All I have ever wanted to do was offer my time and provide a T4 not-for-profit service in areas of the country that no 'trader' currently trades. Because of my health I would never become a trader and as I benefit from the taxes that members pay in, it is my way of putting something back into the system.

I am prepared to travel several hundred miles to Devon and into the Eastern counties and all I asked was a contribution to my travelling costs, which is not a commercial gain as per rule 8. There was no reason not to expect that members in those areas could have used it as springboard to boost membership and to increase the numbers at meets, which can only be a good thing for the club.

Any surplus over and above my travelling costs would have been put to project, special tools, development work that benefited members.
Like at lot of other in this club I am willing to put in a considerable number of hours to help others was a way of putting something back and due to my health I cannot start stripping down cars, but I can help out by providing my time with a T4.

I am sorry if my desire to provide this to other members has precipitated this situation as it appears Phil has become collateral damage, but a way forward needs to be found that enables members to supply a service on a not-for-profit basis, advertise the not-for-profit so other members don’t feel embarrassed to ask. I have suggested an Orange user name that identifies such members, I am sure there are other members who have something to offer and would only want there expenses paid; an ideal that strenghtens the club.

I offer my personal apology to Phil for the distress caused.

Last edited by rover54; 13th January 2013 at 19:31..
Old 13th January 2013, 19:27   #363
FLYER
Banned

rover75 cdti AUTO TOURER 160 bhp.

Thanked 3,685 Times in 2,463 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC Trading View Post
To be totally honest, thats the day I lost interest in this club
I have always found it amazing that you are far and away the top referrer on here (well over a hundred)(in fact 167) yet the site owner is,nt even on the board .

Does the guy who actually owns the site not promote it.

I can guess whats coming next .

Last edited by FLYER; 13th January 2013 at 19:31..
Old 13th January 2013, 19:27   #364
windrush
This is my second home

December 2004 Rover 75 2ltr CDTi Connoisseur SE HL Tourer

Thanked 3,015 Times in 2,347 Posts
Thumbs up

Well I am very glad that this has been sorted out if only temporary
but I cant praise Jimbo And PAB enough for their efforts in resolving this well done lads
Club Member No. 96 / Forum User No. 111
REGISTRATION to the club as a member FREE, FULL MEMBERSHIP is £10

WE WILL REMEMBER THEM
Old 13th January 2013, 19:31   #365
Phil-T4
I really should get out more.......

MG ZT-T, Rover 75 Tourer

Thanked 1,088 Times in 657 Posts

Yes indeed, many many thanks to Jimbo and pab.

Now i think is a good time to close this thread.
Old 13th January 2013, 19:35   #366
pab
Banned

MG ZT V6 190+

Thanked 1,614 Times in 1,416 Posts

By request of the OP, the Thread is now closed.
Old 13th January 2013, 19:38   #367
J1MBO
This is my second home

Roverless & now carless

Thanked 2,428 Times in 1,301 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil-T4 View Post
Yes indeed, many many thanks to Jimbo and pab.

Now i think is a good time to close this thread.
I have to agree with Phil on this and to bring this to a close.

We will update members on this issue as soon as it is resolved.

A postscript, you have my assurance that this will not be swept under the carpet it will be resolved to all parties satisfaction.
Closed Thread