Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Social Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Closed Thread

Old 20th November 2011, 22:45   #1
Departed 32016
This is my second home

Rover 75

Default Seriously no one cares! This is an owners club.

Why so many threads involving people arguing? This is an owners club forum. We may all have a similar interest but we are all entitled to have a difference of opinion. If this club stopped tomorrow would I live my life any different? No I wouldn't. But I am glad it is here due to the wealth of info , helpful members and classifieds. Lately it seems to be full of posts without people actually saying anything, almost posting for the sake of posting to get attention? I don't mind this at all. If this is a major part of your life- that's fine but for some people including myself it's not. I just wish there wasn't as many disagreements because in the grand scheme of things it means nothing. Why can't we all just get along?
Old 20th November 2011, 22:51   #2
Reebs
Owners Club Director

Rover 75 Conn SE V6 / MG ZT 260 SE V8 / MG ZT 180 SE V6

Thanked 6,851 Times in 2,537 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kieranswood View Post
I just wish there wasn't as many disagreements because in the grand scheme of things it means nothing. Why can't we all just get along?
Music to my ears
Old 20th November 2011, 22:52   #3
baconbuttyman
Banned

Quote:
Why so many threads involving people arguing? This is an owners club forum. We may all have a similar interest but we are all entitled to have a difference of opinion. If this club stopped tomorrow would I live my life any different? No I wouldn't.
I wouldnt worry if this club stopped, Yes a huge shame it would be, the there is always the other site and we would all frequent ther, More!!, which in all honesty has just as much info and help, it's just down to where you feel use to

Quote:
But I am glad it is here due to the wealth of info , helpful members and classifieds. Lately it seems to be full of posts without people actually saying anything, almost posting for the sake of posting to get attention? I don't mind this at all. If this is a major part of your life- that's fine but for some people including myself it's not. I just wish there wasn't as many disagreements because in the grand scheme of things it means nothing. Why can't we all just get along?
I understand what you are saying bud, BUT, at the end of the day, at this stage in the clubs existence how much NEW info would ever come up, it's always gonna be revamped old info, How too's aside
Old 20th November 2011, 22:55   #4
baconbuttyman
Banned

Quote:
I just wish there wasn't as many disagreements because in the grand scheme of things it means nothing. Why can't we all just get along?
thats just a world wide issue isnt it
Old 20th November 2011, 22:58   #5
Ragman
This is my second home

ZT 260 SE

'Twas the infighting that nearly stopped me from resubscribing
Old 20th November 2011, 23:01   #6
Poppy
Banned

75 club 1.8 petrol.

Hi. Maybe because there are so many options for different categories of thread. As you say, not everyone will agree on things... We all have different views and perspectives about different things.... Is that not what makes us unique.?
Old 20th November 2011, 23:25   #7
FLYER
Banned

rover75 cdti AUTO TOURER 160 bhp.

Thanked 3,685 Times in 2,463 Posts

I attended a meet today and i travel a fair distance to meets in england on a fairly regular basis , i do this to meet and talk with ROVER/MG folk , i also have made many good friends in my time as a member both here and on ORG but i have to say right here and now there are some people on here who aint happy unless they are pulling someone up for one thing or another , MISCHIEF MAKERS like to stir it up and wind folk up .

Luckily we all know them and they can try their best but trust me it wont work !!!!.

MODS can stomp on troublemakers ANYTIME they want and in my opinion they let it go on too long , we have great mods on here but they let members be picked on and wound up too long .
Old 20th November 2011, 23:32   #8
Poppy
Banned

75 club 1.8 petrol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYER View Post
I attended a meet today and i travel a fair distance to meets in england on a fairly regular basis , i do this to meet and talk with ROVER/MG folk , i also have made many good friends in my time as a member both here and on ORG but i have to say right here and now there are some people on here who aint happy unless they are pulling someone up for one thing or another , MISCHIEF MAKERS like to stir it up and wind folk up .

Luckily we all know them and they can try their best but trust me it wont work !!!!.

MODS can stomp on troublemakers ANYTIME they want and in my opinion they let it go on too long , we have great mods on here but they let members be picked on and wound up too long .

Exactly why i do not intend to renew.....
Old 20th November 2011, 23:39   #9
FLYER
Banned

rover75 cdti AUTO TOURER 160 bhp.

Thanked 3,685 Times in 2,463 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poppy View Post
Exactly why i do not intend to renew.....
Letting the bully brigade win aint your style pops so get your tenner down lady , and with that i wish you all a good night , been a loooong day but a very good one mixing with MY kinda people .
Old 20th November 2011, 23:40   #10
Reebs
Owners Club Director

Rover 75 Conn SE V6 / MG ZT 260 SE V8 / MG ZT 180 SE V6

Thanked 6,851 Times in 2,537 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYER View Post
Or the flip side is that we let people have their say without straight jacketing them. If people push it too far we step in.

Perhaps you'd rather we took a firmer hand then, would that make for a happier forum? I think perhaps not......
Closed Thread