Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Social Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 20th October 2011, 21:27   #1
ssizefive
I really should get out more.......

Mg Tf160

Default Sore fingers,Played guitar tonight, 1st time for 3 years

As the title says, i played my guitar tonight for the first time in 3 years & my fingers are in pain! I played in a local group with my dad & 3 other members from being 14 until 1999 when my dad passed away - we stopped for a while but then my youngest brother was getting married & asked if the rest of the group would get together again ( along with my brother ) and play at his wedding. We did this & really enjoyed ourselves so we continued for a few more years but then more problems, the keyboard player suffered a stroke which stopped us again ( he is now fully recovered ) so my brother & i went out as a duo up until christmas 2008 when we decided to take a break. I went to visit my mum who just happened to mention that her friend has taken on a pub, which was the first place i ever played all those years ago, and said they were talking about having some bands on. I think this was a hint that me & my brother should have words about starting up again - we did this & tonight was our first rehearsal & my fingers are in agony & possibly my neighbours ears are hurting too
Anyway i really enjoyed myself & am looking forward to the next rehearsal in a few days. I know it is going to take a while but we maybe back in our mums friends pub soon.

Steve

Last edited by ssizefive; 20th October 2011 at 21:39..
ssizefive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th October 2011, 21:38   #2
Poppy
Banned

75 club 1.8 petrol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssizefive View Post
As the title says, i played my guitar tonight for the first time in 3 years & my fingers are in pain! I played in a local group with my dad & 3 other members from being 14 until 1999 when my dad passed away - we stopped for a while but then my youngest brother was getting married & asked if the rest of the group would get together again ( along with my brother ) and play at his wedding. We did this & really enjoyed ourselves so we continued for a few more years but then more problems, the keyboard player suffered a stroke which stopped us again ( he is now fully recovered ) so my brother & i went out as a duo up until christmas 2008 when we decided to take a break. I went to visit my mum who just happened to mention that her friend has taken on a pub, which was the first place i ever played all those years ago, and said they were talking about having some bands on. I think this was a hint that me & my brother should have words about starting up again - we did this & tonight was our first rehearsal & my fingers are in agony & possibly my neighbours ears are hurting too
Anyway i really enjoyed myself & am looking forward to the next rehearsal in a few days. I know it is going to take a while but we maybe back in the our mums friends pub soon.

Steve

Hiya.... Excellent..... You keep on playing.... Very pleased for you...
Poppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th October 2011, 21:39   #3
Ragman
This is my second home

ZT 260 SE

Well done that man!
Ragman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th October 2011, 21:57   #4
pab
Banned

MG ZT V6 190+

Thanked 1,614 Times in 1,416 Posts

The last time i was on stage was last year in Harrogate.

I took up playing guitar at a similar age to you and i find it still an adventure having played in numerous rock/blues bands over the years..still got three classics under the bed,but any excuse to post up a picture of my Gibson Les Paul Custom..wine red with a plus top.

pab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th October 2011, 22:05   #5
Poppy
Banned

75 club 1.8 petrol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pab View Post
The last time i was on stage was last year in Harrogate.

I took up playing guitar at a similar age to you and i find it still an adventure having played in numerous rock/blues bands over the years..still got three classics under the bed,but any excuse to post up a picture of my Gibson Les Paul Custom..wine red with a plus top.

WOW..... That is spectacular... All i ever managed was to play truant...
Old 20th October 2011, 22:13   #6
Ragman
This is my second home

ZT 260 SE

I can play the fool
Ragman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th October 2011, 22:21   #7
pab
Banned

MG ZT V6 190+

Now this heritage cherry sunburst plays it's self,no sore fingers with this.Every classic guitar tone can be found in this,but it can be a bit unforgiving..

Old 20th October 2011, 22:24   #8
Poppy
Banned

75 club 1.8 petrol.

Quote:
Now this heritage cherry sunburst plays it's self,no sore fingers with this.Every classic guitar tone can be found in this,but it can be a bit unforgiving..

What, you mean you can strap it to a manikin lookalike, go for a few drinks, come back pie eyed and get all the applause Paul.? Sounds Brilliant......
Old 20th October 2011, 22:27   #9
pab
Banned

MG ZT V6 190+

Yep,something like that
Old 20th October 2011, 22:29   #10
Poppy
Banned

75 club 1.8 petrol.

Quote:
Yep,something like that

Sounds like my kind of instrument then........ Just stick it on a broom stale with a wig on and i am well away....$$$$$$$$$ Happy Days ahead...