Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 2nd January 2011, 16:59   #111
K£150N
Loves to post

Quote:
Originally Posted by trebor View Post
What i can say is that when Steve ordered his suround from China he was told that it was for a Rover 75 but when it arrived is has the hectagonal recess for an MG type badge not the shield shape for a Rover badge.

Steve contacted the seller to see if they had another type of surround as
originally promised but without luck, so if we use this source we need a hectagonal Rover badge
I still think that there must be two types of griile available that will do the job, the "MG7 limo" with the hex badge and then the one on stubies post.

The MG7 limo grille that Steve has; is the chrome hex badge recess area fixed or is it removable?

Also just want to say that this isn't aimed at causing offence, big thanks goes out for all the work gone into trying to sort something for us.
K£150N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd January 2011, 17:07   #112
Dragos Caraulan

Rover 75 CDTI

Quote:
ok Dragos, will add you to my badge list, now at 6/7 in total, just keep watching this thread for more details of the both the badge and grille.

Re the badge i will pm all those interested to sort out the payment details as soon as i get a reply from the manufacturer and can post up a picture of what it will look like
Hi Rob,
Here my e-mail address -PM Please
Please just e-mail me, or send a SMS to ************ and i will be in touch with you immediatly. I bought from e-bay on June 2010 the front premium bumper, front lights, fog lights, etc. And i tried to buy the chrome grille surround but no one chance to find it for selling.
I want to up-grade my lovely Rover 75 CDTI with a new and cool front premium bumper.
Also i have e-bay account - eurojob.ro , where is 100% possitive feedback.
Best regards, Dragos

Last edited by Thomas; 2nd January 2011 at 17:12..
Dragos Caraulan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd January 2011, 17:12   #113
K£150N
Loves to post

Quote:
What i can say is that when Steve ordered his suround from China he was told that it was for a Rover 75 but when it arrived is has the hectagonal recess for an MG type badge not the shield shape for a Rover badge.

Steve contacted the seller to see if they had another type of surround as
originally promised but without luck, so if we use this source we need a hectagonal Rover badge

look at post 16 in this thread and you will see there are 2 types of bumper, picture 1 in post 16 is the Rowe and you will note that the chrome surround goes over the lip of the bonnet front edge, so although this has a shield badge recess it will not fit the premium 75 bumpers on sale over here.

Picture 2 in post 16 shows a typical 75 premium bumper which we are trying to get a chrome surround for, the one in the picture is an original so has the shield badge recess but the grille Steve has which can be made to fit this bumper type has the octagonal badge recess, so you either badge your Rover as an MG, or we get a custom made badge, hope this clarifies things a bit.

Yeah I'm following the fitment type etc but I'm just a little confused with ultimately what's being offered; it seems as if there is only one sort left then as it stands (MG7 limo) so I'll be going down the same route.

Do you think you'll be able to place your hands on one of these MG7 chrome grills Rob? I'm just a little wary now thinking it's a none starter as I've had no contact from the email address from post #82. I was told Carrie no longer works for them and Joana is taking on this information.

Any how stick me down for one of the badges please Rob
K£150N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd January 2011, 17:13   #114
Thomas
This is my second home

MG6 1.8T GT SE

Sorry Dragos, I removed your private email address and your mobile number as I dont want you to start getting strange emails or phone calls, I suggest you send a pm with your contact details so that your information is not widely available!
Thomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd January 2011, 17:48   #115
trebor
This is my second home

Rover 75 CDTi Connoisseur SE & MG ZT Saloon 190

Thanked 1,877 Times in 885 Posts

i am hoping to get a chrome grille from the same source as Steve, although not yet ordered as would like to get the badges in place first, Sean is also on the case with the chrome surrounds so we should hopefully be ok, i will buy from Sean if he is going to supply them

Robs Car Gallery

Coven near Wolverhampton WV9

2000 Cowley Built Rover 75 2.0 V6 Club SE/ Atlantic Blue/ Sandstone/Walnut (daily driver)
2003 Land Rover Freelander 1 TD4 HSE Helsinki Blue/Black Leather (swmbo daily driver)
trebor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd January 2011, 17:57   #116
Dragos Caraulan

Rover 75 CDTI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas View Post
Sorry Dragos, I removed your private email address and your mobile number as I dont want you to start getting strange emails or phone calls, I suggest you send a pm with your contact details so that your information is not widely available!
Hi Thomas,
Happy New Year!!!
Sorry, was my mistake to writte that information. Your intention is very welcome and i understand the situation witch could be created.
Just i updated my details on my account.
King regards, Dragos
Dragos Caraulan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd January 2011, 18:13   #117
T-Cut
This is my second home

Rover75 and Mreg Corsa.

Thanked 3,660 Times in 2,924 Posts

If we do manage to get some MG7 grills, I might even fit an MG badge to it. After all the Rover 75 and MG ZT are blood brothers, Siamese twins even. I'd have no qualms about having MG at the front and Rover on the boot. I really depends on how good the proposed hexagonal Rover badge turns out. I can even see a DIY method by encapsulating a standard badge in acrylic, a bit like those paperweights. A hexagonal mould wouldn't be a problem.

TC
T-Cut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd January 2011, 19:33   #118
Phil
This is my second home

Rover 75 CDT Connoisseur SE

Great work on the badges/bumpers/grills, just thought I'd mention, my Rover 95 has a circular Rover badge on the steering wheel. I don't think it would look out of place being remanufactured to hexagon shape.
Old 2nd January 2011, 22:53   #119
Radioguy
Banned

None

HI Here is a Photo of the Actual Grill on the way to Germany

Radioguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd January 2011, 23:00   #120
trebor
This is my second home

Rover 75 CDTi Connoisseur SE & MG ZT Saloon 190

Thanked 1,877 Times in 885 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radioguy View Post
HI Here is a Photo of the Actual Grill on the way to Germany

Hi Sean,

This looks like the 1st picture in post 16 in which case it will not fit the premium bumper that we have unless we cut away the top part of the bumper, and not sure how that would look.

It will be ok however with the bumper to go with it if members want to go to that cost (and of course it fits our 75s)

The grill i was hoping you would come up with is the one Steve has and pictured in post 88 which will fit our bumpers but we need a hectagonal Rover badge to finish it off which i am sourcing

Robs Car Gallery

Coven near Wolverhampton WV9

2000 Cowley Built Rover 75 2.0 V6 Club SE/ Atlantic Blue/ Sandstone/Walnut (daily driver)
2003 Land Rover Freelander 1 TD4 HSE Helsinki Blue/Black Leather (swmbo daily driver)

Last edited by trebor; 3rd January 2011 at 08:23..
trebor is offline   Reply With Quote