Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Social Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

View Poll Results: Should Moderators be voted in/out once a year?
Yes 36 73.47%
No 13 26.53%
Voters: 49. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 5th July 2010, 21:29   #11
Rabett_Rover
This is my second home

Rover 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by sikelsh View Post
Correct very useful indeed, it enables me to cherry pick the users I want to ignore much easier.... oh what's that you say? some more Latin pomposity was it, I cant hear it anymore.

Be careful if I were you mate. That sounds very close to being a personal attack against another member.

Rule 1:
You should remain courteous and respectful to other users of the forums at all times. You may obviously not agree with some views but do not let it descend into arguments or abuse, either publicly or via the Private Messaging (PM) facility. If you consider a post to be offensive then you should report it, not take matters into your own hands.
Old 5th July 2010, 21:32   #12
mark d3
This is my second home

rover 75 saloon,cdt 170 bhp(ish)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raistlin View Post
Democratic it would certainly be Corin.

Logistically, I imagine it would be quite some undertaking.

However, in my view, the benefits to the club forum would far outweigh the logistical problems and work involved in carrying out such an operation.

Anybody willing to do such a thing for the community would certainly be held in high esteem. I imagine that this would be, to use a disgusting but appropriate word, ground-breaking.

Not all of us keen though. One NAY almost immediately. Still, that's the value of a democratic community. People can do what their conscience requires
i totally agree this would be a much more democratic and fairer way of doing things

one event everyone should experience http://www.wolverhamptonnanomeets.com/
Old 5th July 2010, 21:41   #13
FROGGY
I really should get out more.......

MG ZT CDTI

What's a democracy then?
Is that where you vote for people who promise you the earth then deliver the exact opposite?
How many of us on here know who, out of the thousands of members, would make a good Mod (and what is a good Mod? Different things to different people I suspect.)
I for one prefer to go with the system we have and have had.
So a NO vote from me.

Mick

IN THE BLACK NOW
Old 5th July 2010, 22:42   #14
Roverowner
Retired

CDTi Tourer 2005

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raistlin View Post
That may well be the case Alan, but the exercise is useful in and of itself, regardless of whether it matures into fruition
Very wise my friend.... have voted
Old 5th July 2010, 23:09   #15
Roverowner
Retired

CDTi Tourer 2005

I didnīt learn latin in school (East Howe Secondry for louts didnīt do that sort of thing) so I find the quotes fun. I google them The only one I know is Utrique Paratus (hope I donīt get sent down if the spelling is wrong) As Iīm an ex -sparrowfart-. (Uh... Parachute Regiment) If a few people want to -jazz it up- with some latin then why not. Why should they be having a dig at others who canīt speak it Shades of inferiority complex. Donīt bovver me mate (as we say in Bornemuff)

Iīm in quite a few clubs here in Sweden and they are all democratic. Voting for the board etc, etc. Donīt really know of a club that isnīt So this and -the other- have been a new experience. All the nice folk Iīve become aquainted with outway the vailed -Stalinistic-attitude that sometimes prevails. When it gets too much, or a democratic club for the 75 comes into being, I will stay (if not kicked out)

Keeping things democratically right is a right pain (I know as I was the chairman of a such club for 7 years) but unfortunately, , there is no other way (for me anyway.... mother and her damned ethics)

There are a lot of people who are angry at the club (directors) for things that have, allegedly, been said and done. They might well have a true grievence. Canīt really say one way or the other as the evidence hasnīt been presented (to me anyway... I am a bit slow)

Some people have come from one place where they think that everything is hunky dory, back to the place of the -crime- and nit pick. Think that is very childish and rather sad. But in my occupation I see it quite often and is unfortunately a human trait (although not all have it). If others rise to the bait then it gives the nit pickers their reward. Best thing is just to ignore or better acnowledge that they have an interesting view They soon tire when they donīt get the right sort of -bite-

After all the poo and hickups on here the last few weeks I am convinced that democracy is the only way (not saying that the democracy that is practiced today is the same thing I mean)

Life is a weird and wonderful place -donīt you find-...
Old 6th July 2010, 20:52   #16
Departed 32016
This is my second home

Rover 75

thanks for the poll- my idea was to have a list of pledges that mods would do if voted- and realy simple if they didn't complete them- they wouldn't be voted for next year...
Old 6th July 2010, 21:00   #17
ianfletcher
I really should get out more.......

BMW 1 series

Quote:
Originally Posted by FROGGY View Post
Is that where you vote for people who promise you the earth then deliver the exact opposite?
Sounds like the conservative party to me
Old 6th July 2010, 21:09   #18
Raistlin
Banned

75 CDT Connoisseur SE Auto

There seem to be some pivotal names missing from the poll
Old 6th July 2010, 22:37   #19
Roverowner
Retired

CDTi Tourer 2005

Quote:
Originally Posted by ianfletcher View Post
Sounds like the conservative party to me
Never voted for anyone who has promised the earth. Sound very dodgy Politicians and Democracy are not the same thing. Freedom of choice is rather stinted when there are only 5 or so to choose from and they are really all tarred with the same brush. Democracy and honesty are integral parts of each other.... and there you have the first land mine
Old 6th July 2010, 22:44   #20
Departed 32016
This is my second home

Rover 75

interesting to see that out of the 13 people voting no- 5 of them are mods and none have voted yes
Closed Thread