Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Social Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 18th December 2009, 18:26   #21
Simondi
Regional Secretary

MGTF, MG ZS EV Exclusive

Thanked 3,563 Times in 1,857 Posts

I notice a few posts mentioning leaving the Union. Did the union make a mistake, yes. Did the majority of members vote in favour of action, yes. If those 'illegal votes' were removed would there till have been a yes vote, yes.
Everyone has a choice as to whether or not they join a trade union or indeed remian with them.
One thing is certain though your employers would love you to leave your union. Why? So that you no longer have anyone to speak up for you, no one to negoiate on our behalf, no one to represent you in meetings with management. That way they can treat you however they want to. Don't play into their hands.
Simondi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th December 2009, 18:31   #22
FredSpencer
Passed Away

Typhoon ZT 190+ Saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simondi View Post
I notice a few posts mentioning leaving the Union. Did the union make a mistake, yes. Did the majority of members vote in favour of action, yes. If those 'illegal votes' were removed would there till have been a yes vote, yes.
Everyone has a choice as to whether or not they join a trade union or indeed remian with them.
One thing is certain though your employers would love you to leave your union. Why? So that you no longer have anyone to speak up for you, no one to negoiate on our behalf, no one to represent you in meetings with management. That way they can treat you however they want to. Don't play into their hands.
FredSpencer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th December 2009, 18:41   #23
topman
This is my second home

MG ZT-T 190

If the new ballot does vote for strike action, and it is 12 days again it will be one of it's death throes before the whole company goes bust.
topman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th December 2009, 19:49   #24
kevin
I really should get out more.......

ford focus ghia

Quote:
Originally Posted by e668ecp View Post
I think the union totally messed up the ballot.

they did the same last year with Arriva London and lost in court and in the end the union came back with a offer that lost the drives 1/3 of any over time telling us to take it. which was not in the 1st offer(we did)
this year we had a 0% offer but a lump sum payment not great but better then most are getting, but union are asking us to go on strike again.
they will mess it up. thankfully
why would you strike for 1% or £7 a week and lose £70 a day. which is what the union is asking for.

Last edited by kevin; 18th December 2009 at 20:01..
kevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th December 2009, 20:17   #25
doublekite
My other car is a bus

2005 Jaguar S Type 2.7D automatic and 2007 Jaguar S Type XS 2.7D automatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredSpencer View Post
...... No.
Well its nothing to do with cars is it and totally irrelevant to the reason this forum exists.

But if you want my input, I would never fly BA again. Their cabin crew should take a look at the standard of service on the Far Eatern airlines...Thai, Singapore, Malaysian, Cathay to name but a few. They all make the British Airways standards look so poor.
doublekite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th December 2009, 20:27   #26
JohnDotCom

Rover 75 FaceLift Tourer CDTi 170BHP Auto ConnSE 2005 Model Starlight Silver

Anything within reason can be posted up and doesn't have to be car related.(There are some exclusions stated in rules).
See guide in headings for each Forum Section.
JohnDotCom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th December 2009, 18:37   #27
ChineseRover
Banned

Rover 75 2.5 Conn automatic

Interesting that a site dedicated to the support of a British car should have so many posts belittling our national carrier....

I have flown with them since they were BOAC and BEA and sure the quality has gone down, but then so has the price and everyone must see the trade-off between these two. I also see that the price for most European flights is now little different to the low cost airlines yet BA still operate from convenient airports and still have some semblance of cabin service.

I am now too old to travel in the back of the aircraft and can report that BA’s service is very good in Business on the long haul routes with attentive, friendly staff serving good food and drink and good lounges at most airports (except HK!). If you want a quality service you have to pay for it!

I had almost zero sympathy with the cabin crews’ grievances in general and any shred disappeared when they said the loss of one crew member on the long haul flights meant that the Chief Steward now has to help serve the food and drink. How on earth was a filling in his time on a 12 hour flight before this radical change (doing spreadsheets somewhere?). I also understand the real gripe is the plans to scale back the fabulous perks.

Hopefully the cabin crew will come to their senses and realise that a slightly less perk filled job is better than the alternative of a weekly outing to the Labour Exchange.

I appreciate they are not called Chief Stewards any more but “Directors” of Cabin Services but the title “Director” is now meaningless as everyone seems to have it in their job title whereas the old title tells you all you need to know about the role.
ChineseRover is offline   Reply With Quote