Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 21st November 2014, 20:28   #1
DMC

Rover 75 Saloon

Default Seat position for taller drivers ?

Hi , after looking at a few examples recently purchased a 75 Connoisseur, from a forum user. Its a beautiful car & a joy to look at. Unfortunately I don't find it a joy to sit in.
It has electric leather seats, non memory. I am 6'2" & can't seem to find a position where it doesn't kill my back. Has anyone else had & resolved this problem. Irony is, that I bought the car, because my little hatchback was making my right knee hurt, on longer journeys.
Knee is better in Rover, have seat set high to keep thigh fairly level which helps this. Car has sunroof which limits headroom a bit.
Have tried various combinations of seat position, have lumbar adjustment off, as having a hard lump in back just made it worse.
Would welcome any suggestions.
Thanks
Darren
DMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st November 2014, 20:30   #2
ROBBIE G
Posted a thing or two

75 saloon 1.8 classic

im the same height I have non electric leather seats and find the driving position very comfortable il post a pic shortly of how mines situated if it helps?
Old 21st November 2014, 20:33   #3
ROBBIE G
Posted a thing or two

75 saloon 1.8 classic

id try lowering the seat so it slopes back more personly
Old 21st November 2014, 20:51   #4
Saga Lout
This is my second home

MG ZT and Rover 75,

Thanked 2,685 Times in 1,037 Posts
Default I...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMC View Post
Hi , after looking at a few examples recently purchased a 75 Connoisseur, from a forum user. Its a beautiful car & a joy to look at. Unfortunately I don't find it a joy to sit in.
It has electric leather seats, non memory. I am 6'2" & can't seem to find a position where it doesn't kill my back. Has anyone else had & resolved this problem. Irony is, that I bought the car, because my little hatchback was making my right knee hurt, on longer journeys.
Knee is better in Rover, have seat set high to keep thigh fairly level which helps this. Car has sunroof which limits headroom a bit.
Have tried various combinations of seat position, have lumbar adjustment off, as having a hard lump in back just made it worse.
Would welcome any suggestions.
Thanks
Darren
I'd go to my Doctor as you seem to have a serious back problem. I'm 6`4 with a 37" inside leg, I have sciatica down my left leg and my back gives out sometimes, it can be so bad that I can't get off the floor but, my car has the same seats as yours and I don't have any problem at all with them. I traded up from my little Fiat Punto to my Rover and my back problems improved, I think you need medical help, it can't be the car.
Saga Lout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st November 2014, 21:44   #5
Ps3000
Gets stuck in

None at moment

I'm 6" 4" - ZT-T with leather seats (and a sunroof) find them fine, but I set mine as low as possible.

Then again I find the relationship between torso and leg length is key and it can be very different.
Ps3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st November 2014, 22:07   #6
Gemsathome
Loves to post

MG ZT-T

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ps3000 View Post
I'm 6" 4" - ZT-T with leather seats (and a sunroof) find them fine, but I set mine as low as possible.

Then again I find the relationship between torso and leg length is key and it can be very different.
I'm 6'4" with a 36" inside leg. I also truly feel my 1.8ZT is the most comfortable seating position I've ever had. My last car was an E46 323i SE, also lovely and comfy but not quite enough leg room for my legs resulting in cramp after a couple of hours driving. Do all your seat adjusters work fully? :-)
Gemsathome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd November 2014, 06:53   #7
LeRich
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Cont SE 1.8T

I'm 6'2" on a short day and find the ZT driving position fantastic, with plenty of room even with a sunroof. The manual ZT seats (and presumably also the 75's) can go really low so I have mine raised slightly to give more under-thigh support as the seat squab is a tad too short for your taller driver.
LeRich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd November 2014, 07:14   #8
pab
Banned

MG ZT V6 190+

Thanked 1,614 Times in 1,416 Posts

I'm 6'2" and have no problems, the ZT has plenty of roof clearance too.

The pedal area can be a bit restrictive due to the under dash plastic panel, all depends on what foot wear your wearing.
pab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd November 2014, 07:23   #9
sjc
Posted a thing or two

MG ZT-T 180 Sports +, 2007 completely restored XJ 4.2 LWB Sovereign,Noble M400,LR Discovery 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROBBIE G View Post
id try lowering the seat so it slopes back more personly
Absolutely this. I'm 6'3 mostly in the leg( that sounds like a lonely hearts advert!)and on all my cars I have the seat like this. Higher at the front for much better thigh support , lower at the back, and normally with the steering wheel at full extension to increase knee room.As for general comfort, the 75 is as good as any seat I've set in other than the high backed winged Coulson seats in my HSV I owned a few years back .
Do the electric seats have more adjustment, if so might be worth trying to retro fit one of those ?
Old 22nd November 2014, 07:27   #10
Simondi
Regional Secretary

MGTF, MG ZS EV Exclusive

Thanked 3,563 Times in 1,857 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by pab View Post
I'm 6'2" and have no problems, the ZT has plenty of roof clearance too.

The pedal area can be a bit restrictive due to the under dash plastic panel, all depends on what foot wear your wearing.
Those blessed high heels are catching again are they
Simondi is offline   Reply With Quote