Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 8th October 2018, 17:44   #1
macafee2
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Thanked 3,032 Times in 2,181 Posts
Default when people lie

last year my brother in law hit my sons car and "drove away" as if nothing had happened. my son did not know his car had been hit... more a kiss then a hit but the car rocks. My son found out a couple of days later.
It was caught on cctv.
We recently sent the video of my brother in law hitting my sons car to my brother in law as he has made a false allegation/claim/staement in an email to my wife and I. In fact he made more then 1 and gave a false account of how our wall got damaged, again caught on cctv

my son spoke to him today about the video of his car being hit, BIL says he has not watched it but said he did not hit my sons car. My son had a copy of the video on his phone and offered to show it to him, he refused and got angry.

My brother in law lied to my son and did this in front of his own mother who is just as bad as he is.

To insert naught word well sit there and lie and not want to see the evidence and his mother just sitting there not wanting to get involved is beyond me. Any decent mother would have told their child to apologise,
not this old vindictive witch

He could have said as a get out without seeing the video, I am sorry if I hit your car but I did not think I did.

I have brought up both my children to have more honour and morel values then my brother in law has.

for info, my brother in law is 2 months short of being 54.

How do you get through to people that don't want to know? Think more of the mother in law here.

you will understand when I say my wife and I are not on speaking terms with them.

The hate I feel towards them when I think about it

macafee2
macafee2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th October 2018, 17:57   #2
topman
This is my second home

MG ZT-T 190

Quote:
Originally Posted by macafee2 View Post

How do you get through to people that don't want to know?
You can't. There's no 'winning ' with people like that. Having no contact with them is the best way to stop yourself getting mad.

http://www.qwghlm.co.uk/toys/dailymail/
topman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th October 2018, 18:08   #3
Mr Bone
Gets stuck in

75 Cdt. VW Touareg V6 Tdi. Galaxy 1.9Tdi (x2). R1200GS

I dont give people a second chance when I've proved they're telling lies, from that point onwards there is nothing that can be done to redeem themselves.

Harsh? Maybe, but after being led a dance by my parents I have zero tolerance. My wife and myself tried at first to shield our son from the deceit, but he's not daft and saw it for himself. The upshot is he has no time for liars either, and has gained a reputation for being brutally honest.

Families eh, sometimes its better to move on and leave them behind.
Old 8th October 2018, 18:10   #4
stevestrat
This is my second home

ZT260 #243 (resting)

Thanked 4,624 Times in 3,358 Posts

Nah, you'll never get through to him, talking to a brick wall. When I was a manager on the railway we had one train driver who would volunteer for a backshift every Christmas Day so that he didn't have to see his brother-in-law at the meal.

T4 Location Map
stevestrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th October 2018, 18:30   #5
Darcydog
This is my second home

Thanked 3,170 Times in 2,096 Posts

Quote:

last year my brother in law hit my sons car and "drove away" as if nothing had happened. my son did not know his car had been hit... more a kiss then a hit but the car rocks. My son found out a couple of days later.
It was caught on cctv.
We recently sent the video of my brother in law hitting my sons car to my brother in law as he has made a false allegation/claim/staement in an email to my wife and I. In fact he made more then 1 and gave a false account of how our wall got damaged, again caught on cctv

my son spoke to him today about the video of his car being hit, BIL says he has not watched it but said he did not hit my sons car. My son had a copy of the video on his phone and offered to show it to him, he refused and got angry.

My brother in law lied to my son and did this in front of his own mother who is just as bad as he is.

To insert naught word well sit there and lie and not want to see the evidence and his mother just sitting there not wanting to get involved is beyond me. Any decent mother would have told their child to apologise,
not this old vindictive witch

He could have said as a get out without seeing the video, I am sorry if I hit your car but I did not think I did.

I have brought up both my children to have more honour and morel values then my brother in law has.

for info, my brother in law is 2 months short of being 54.

How do you get through to people that don't want to know? Think more of the mother in law here.

you will understand when I say my wife and I are not on speaking terms with them.

The hate I feel towards them when I think about it

macafee2
As I have said before Ian - having had the pleasure of meeting you when you did me an enormous favour - and then had the significant displeasure of having to deal with your Brother in Law at that crazy meeting - I can confirm that your brother in law is seriously short changed in the intelligence, honesty and integrity stakes.

For those not aware - I parked on the side of the road by Ian’s drive. We were having a chat on Ian’s drive. Then brother in law comes up in a 4x4 thing and says I’m illegally parked and sticks his vehicle near mine in what was clearly a move designed to intimidate.

The bloke is a total nutter.

I still have those photos Ian - you can have them if you want. They tell a story of lies and intimidation.
Darcydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th October 2018, 18:39   #6
Darcydog
This is my second home

Thanked 3,170 Times in 2,096 Posts

Just PM’d you with important info Ian
Darcydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th October 2018, 19:37   #7
macafee2
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darcydog View Post
As I have said before Ian - having had the pleasure of meeting you when you did me an enormous favour - and then had the significant displeasure of having to deal with your Brother in Law at that crazy meeting - I can confirm that your brother in law is seriously short changed in the intelligence, honesty and integrity stakes.

For those not aware - I parked on the side of the road by Ian’s drive. We were having a chat on Ian’s drive. Then brother in law comes up in a 4x4 thing and says I’m illegally parked and sticks his vehicle near mine in what was clearly a move designed to intimidate.

The bloke is a total nutter.

I still have those photos Ian - you can have them if you want. They tell a story of lies and intimidation.

I have the cctv

The other bloke named a witness that was about 8 miles away working in a ..........police station, could not make it up, so funny.
sorry you got caught up in it.

we got a solicitors letter for just 1/3 to 1/4 of our car parked in that area.
we sent letter back to his solicitor, 4 pages long. never heard any more. I would love to know what the solicitor thought and said to BIL. I think I was disappointed not to get a reply, I had hoped/expected your car to have been presented as evidence as I was about to trump their photos,
his car parked across my gate with no one about or his mums car parked where you were where he had parked it.

macafee2
Old 8th October 2018, 19:39   #8
macafee2
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darcydog View Post
Just PM’d you with important info Ian
thank you, read it. I wont ask about it, the less I know.
Brought a smile to my face.

macafee2
Old 8th October 2018, 19:54   #9
macafee2
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

but where is the moral guidance from mum?
why is she happier to believe a lie then want to know the truth or is she just turning a bind eye?
Is dealing with the truth to much?

There are other things the mother in aw has done but i'm too embarrassed to put them for discussion

Those telling the truth are the ones rejected. This happened once before, we were treated badly by my sister. When she realised we were the ones she could and should have trusted she had lost all he money and her home.

Guess who stepped forward and secured her a permanent rental home and became the guarantor financially? At least my wife got an apology but I got to say, considering what happened, for my wife to willingly step forward to help my sister, is I think, beyond the duty of a wife. She is sill helping her sort out her finances.

macafee2
Old 8th October 2018, 22:24   #10
stevestrat
This is my second home

ZT260 #243 (resting)

Thanked 4,624 Times in 3,358 Posts

Quote:
but where is the moral guidance from mum?
I've seen it before, total denial, my son wouldn't do that!

T4 Location Map
stevestrat is offline   Reply With Quote