Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Closed Thread

Old 21st November 2011, 01:15   #31
Leyland Worldmaster
This is my second home

Audi A2 1.4TDI

Thanked 1,622 Times in 1,057 Posts

Well I'd just like to thank everyone who has helped me out, made me laugh, given advice on relationships, family life....................... Oh, and given advice about the Leopard mobile. I'd never seen the point of forums before, and spent time just observing this one, but I'm glad to be part of this club, and look forward to meeting as many of you as possible. I'm sure this is a point of view shared by many on here!

🏓
Old 21st November 2011, 01:22   #32
James.uk
Passed Away

2002 Pale Blue. Rover 75 CDTi Connoisseur auto. 170K miles

Starbug2 made a great point. this club has evolved to the point where it is the members themselves who are the stars, the cars now have 2nd place innit.

Should I ever sell my car I would still attend meetings to see my friends, friends that I made in this club.. cars can be bought, friends cannot, they have to be earned.. ..

Life's too short to waste it being anything but happy innit..
Old 21st November 2011, 01:23   #33
Dragrad
This is my second home

None * DROWNED

Thanked 1,664 Times in 1,081 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by leopard680 View Post
Well I'd just like to thank everyone who has helped me out, made me laugh, given advice on relationships, family life....................... Oh, and given advice about the Leopard mobile. I'd never seen the point of forums before, and spent time just observing this one, but I'm glad to be part of this club, and look forward to meeting as many of you as possible. I'm sure this is a point of view shared by many on here!
And that, in a nutshell, is what the Club is all about

Andrew
Ich Dien
Problem solving is... lateral thinking

SEARCH FIRST ...ASK LATER...

Old 21st November 2011, 08:06   #34
bluey9
Banned

2004 Rover 75 2.0 CDTi Connoisseur Saloon, 2006 MG TF Spark 135, Jaguar XJ Sovereign TDVi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragrad View Post
Then there is always this problem...

What people type onto the forums can be read as being totally different to what the originating poster (OP) intended. What we lack here is body-language and voice inflection. Emoticons (smilies) can help, but even with these, the message can be easily misconstrued.

Therefore, the point of view of the OP can be read to mean something completely different to what the OP intended, whether meant factually, humourously or otherwise. Many of us have been on the wrong end of the stick on this point....

Please be aware of this when you post, and then re-read your posts before posting, from a neutral point of view, or other ....

Carry on folks, in a self-moderating form of course

Your comments are being taken on board.... and assessed....

The difficulty is where is the point that moderation becomes excessive ? The balance is a constantly moving goal post

I totally agree and Kieran's initial post to start the thread is spot on too. The thinly veiled references to me from two posters on this thread is the main reason I don't venture onto the social forum much. Too much attention seeking going on and too many people posting every thought and feeling that goes through their head. Do they not realise that when they put their feelings out there that everyone can read them and have an opinion or pass comment... and that not everyone will agree with them or see the world as they do. So they don't ever end up being prepared for the other point of view beng put forward.... and they feel hurt or put upon when it does. One of two things needs to change for people in this position.... don't post it if you can't handle someone disagreeing with you. Or, realise that when people do think your view point is skewed that it shouldn't be taken as an arrow through the heart.
I won't indulge the two members who are sitting nursing their ire with regard to me other than to say that I don't look to stir trouble but I do have opinions. When I make an error in judgement I am not slow to make a full apology...... but clearly this does not give enough mileage to the real stirrers to enable them to accept it gracefully. Both of you should stop playing the victim and cut out the veiled references and get on with enjoying the club. Your stirring only annoys others who want to enjoy the club. I resubscribed last night because my inbox had a few messages waiting from members who share this viewpoint but daren't voice it for fear of the fall out. So far a few have PMed me to say they echo my thoughts on these matters.
I'll go back to the section that is about the cars and for the most part will stick to it. But, if I feel I'm being bad mouthed again on the social forum then I will continue to ask the protagonists to wind their necks in. So, please let it stop now? Each time it happens it will be reported. Sorry mods, but I think you may know where I'm coming from on this. Back to the top again... Kieran... spot on, it is a car club. With great cars as the subject matter and a great membership alwys willing help fellow drivers out when they can. It would be nice if it stayed that way.

Cheers
Bluey
Old 21st November 2011, 08:28   #35
Reebs
Owners Club Director

Rover 75 Conn SE V6 / MG ZT 260 SE V8 / MG ZT 180 SE V6

Thanked 6,851 Times in 2,537 Posts

.....Bluey you've said your piece, now leave it there please. I must remind EVERYONE of our first club rule:

1. You should remain courteous and respectful to other users of the forums at all times. You may obviously not agree with some views but do not let it descend into arguments or abuse, either publicly or via the Private Messaging (PM) facility. If you consider a post to be offensive then you should report it, not take matters into your own hands.

If ANY members feel they can't do this, then I don't believe this is the forum they should frequent. This rule will be enforced where neccessary so please be aware.

Now at the risk of letting folk get away with being picked on for too long as was suggested earlier, this thread along with the original thread that prompted this one to arise is closed.

The original one, which due to very heavy work commitments I was unable to view until late last night, turned into a sorry excuse for a thread, and was very unpleasant to read. It has now been deleted.
Closed Thread