Notices

Old 1st January 2019, 08:53   #143771
coolcat
This is my second home

Audi Q3 TDI S-Line Quattro

Thanked 12,235 Times in 8,232 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gate Keeper View Post
Thank you Jeff. It is something which is in your control. I know you have the power to keep at it. I have been on children’s portions these past 2 weeks and the man flu helped at meal times. When I was invited for second helpings, I had to say “no means no” like “B means B” lol Apart from your bout of diarrhea, you have a beautiful lady, a fabulous boat, an Audi, a great job, who needs the pub grub
There will still be pub grub Phil...........Couldn't go that far
It will be more Ploughman's and that sort of thing though
Old 1st January 2019, 10:48   #143772
trikey
Premium Trader

Rover 75

Thanked 14,831 Times in 8,030 Posts

Morning all, glad your friend is doing better Phil.
Old 1st January 2019, 12:21   #143773
Lancpudn
This is my second home

MG ZS EV

Thanked 3,427 Times in 2,565 Posts

Somethings not right here in the house! I've been smelling gas fire fumes on & off for a couple of months now.
It's getting so bad my eyes are watering and I can literally taste it on the back of my throat even when the gas fire isn't lit or the central heating isn't on.

Opening the living room window doesn't go down to well this time of year and we're both getting headaches too.

The gas fire was serviced last year as was the central heating boiler, I've just ordered another CO2 digital detector off Ebay as the old one we had was taken off the wall when we decorated & we cant find it anywhere

I've just had the living room gas fire apart to double check it for soot deposits but it's pretty clean.

Blessed are the tea makers.
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3b...auto-2000_auto
Lancpudn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st January 2019, 12:30   #143774
Rev Jules
This is my second home

Rover 75 Tourer+

Thanked 3,929 Times in 2,051 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancpudn View Post
Somethings not right here in the house! I've been smelling gas fire fumes on & off for a couple of months now.
It's getting so bad my eyes are watering and I can literally taste it on the back of my throat even when the gas fire isn't lit or the central heating isn't on.

Opening the living room window doesn't go down to well this time of year and we're both getting headaches too.

The gas fire was serviced last year as was the central heating boiler, I've just ordered another CO2 digital detector off Ebay as the old one we had was taken off the wall when we decorated & we cant find it anywhere

I've just had the living room gas fire apart to double check it for soot deposits but it's pretty clean.
That ain’t good get it checked out ASAP! Your life could be in danger,

Rev
Rev Jules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st January 2019, 12:48   #143775
RPWC
This is my second home

75 model car

Thanked 5,083 Times in 3,114 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev Jules View Post

Rev
Agreed, get British Gas emergency out IMMEDIATELY.A smell of gas is very dangerous. Don't hang about.
Old 1st January 2019, 15:29   #143776
RPWC
This is my second home

75 model car

Afternoon all, a happy new year to everyone. Been lounging about for most of the holiday,so today the wife suggested going for a walk to get out of the house for a bit. So just been for a refreshing stroll along the riverside path. Seems loads of other people had the same idea.
Old 1st January 2019, 15:50   #143777
Lancpudn
This is my second home

MG ZS EV

Thanked 3,427 Times in 2,565 Posts

Afternoon all, It's been a grey ol day but dry for a change, the driveway flags need pressure washing they're filthy & green with algae, I've done nowt as usual apart from window shopping for a newer computer as the Train Sim World games I got for Christmas wont really play properly on my PC because it's under spec . I think it will be a while before getting another one anyway, the games will have to be put on hold.

we're having Pizza & chips for tea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev Jules View Post

Rev
Quote:
Originally Posted by RPWC View Post
Agreed, get British Gas emergency out IMMEDIATELY.A smell of gas is very dangerous. Don't hang about.

Yeah we had the gas board engineer round in November to see what was going on, he found a small fault on the new smart meter the gas supplier company installed which seemed to make a difference.

This morning though it was really bad and I couldn't sit in the living room without stinging watering eyes & a bad taste at the back of the throat.

I'm going to get them out again as the missus wont come downstairs & sit/watch TV in the living room now because she's afraid of the gas fire.

I've put the central heating on which vents outside near the roof and the CO2 monitoring patches on the boiler read OK and you cant smell owt there.

Blessed are the tea makers.
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3b...auto-2000_auto
Lancpudn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st January 2019, 18:12   #143778
RPWC
This is my second home

75 model car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancpudn View Post
Afternoon all, It's been a grey ol day but dry for a change, the driveway flags need pressure washing they're filthy & green with algae, I've done nowt as usual apart from window shopping for a newer computer as the Train Sim World games I got for Christmas wont really play properly on my PC because it's under spec . I think it will be a while before getting another one anyway, the games will have to be put on hold.

we're having Pizza & chips for tea.

Yeah we had the gas board engineer round in November to see what was going on, he found a small fault on the new smart meter the gas supplier company installed which seemed to make a difference.

This morning though it was really bad and I couldn't sit in the living room without stinging watering eyes & a bad taste at the back of the throat.

I'm going to get them out again as the missus wont come downstairs & sit/watch TV in the living room now because she's afraid of the gas fire.

I've put the central heating on which vents outside near the roof and the CO2 monitoring patches on the boiler read OK and you cant smell owt there.
You may be able to just insyall an update driver or card on your computer Ian. I did this on a Windows computer we had years ago, as a game I bought wouldn't play properly.
Old 1st January 2019, 22:57   #143779
Night Owl
Avid contributor

Audi Q3 S Line Quattro

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolcat View Post
A very good New Years morning to everyone of my Chill Out Friends.

Nice to hear your friend is making steady progress Phil, not a good way to ring in the New Year !

Today is a day for mostly doing ....................not a lot

Having lost a fair few lbs over Christmas I am going to make it my New Years Resolution to keep at the weight loss, by diet rather than diarrhoea this time though
I noticed!
Night Owl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd January 2019, 00:30   #143780
Jay
This is my second home

Small....Far away

Thanked 2,060 Times in 1,194 Posts

Blimey I thought I would post as its been a while.

Happy New Year to you all

Breakfast on me today

(only slimming sauce for you Jeff)