Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > I.C.E. Forum > Sat Nav Hardware & Software > Double Din Navigation Systems
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 1st August 2017, 10:57   #1
Canonite
This is my second home

BMW 330d Tourer, MG ZT 180 SE XPG, VW Polo 6R 1.2 TDI Bluemotion

Default HOW TO: Fit DVB-T to Navall using OEM Aerials

After buying a Navall unit with all the extras, I didn't like the supplied Aerials for the DVB-T box. Unsightly for starters, wiring not long enough to bridge the gap between back window and the dash.
My car has Highline, so surely there was a way of using the originals that are integrated in the rear screen.

After much searching I found I needed SMA to SMB males, and got these on ebay. Basically they screw into the DVBT box at one end then connect to the existing aerial wires.

The existing Aerials start here behind the drivers side D pillar trim:

Under the parcel shelf and out via the snorted rubber grommet here:

One end is angled and the other is straight:

These are the SMA to SMB adaptor plugs, one connected to the aerial:

First I had to remove the Highline loom from the boot area and carefully tease out the aerials. From the rubber grommet at the parcelshelf they are bundled in with my Highline and HK loom so I had to remove the loom tape and feed the aerials out of the loom....re-taping the loom with new as I went. This was the hardest task as it is a slow progress affair and you need to take care when removing the tether clips and zip ties.

Once i'd removed the aerials from the loom completely I decided to route the two Aerials from the D pillar along the roof lining to the A pillar, then down behind the IPK to the stereo. My car has curtain airbags so I couldn't remove the trim, so I peeled back the rubber door seal, which made a small opening to feed the two Aerials in. I gently pulled the air vent trim away so I could pull them through from the inside and fed them behind the IPK.

Adaptor fitted to DVBT:

All connected, positioned up behind IPK, Ive used a foam adhesive pad to secure it so it doesn't rattle:

Not a bad picture either:
Canonite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st August 2017, 14:07   #2
Radioguy
Banned

None

Nice Job Alan ! Well done !
Radioguy is offline   Reply With Quote