Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 20th July 2017, 16:20   #11
NigelOBB
This is my second home

04 Rover 75 Contemporary SE - 53 Rover 75 Connoisseur -94 Mercedes W140 - 72 VW Beetle 1300

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssizefive View Post
Are LV your insurers or the other persons? - if they are yours then try dealing direct with the other party insurers, i am sure they will be more than happy to do you a cash in lieu.

Steve

LV are my insurers Steve, I contacted them as had doubts the person who reversed into me would contact their and refused to give me the details.

Just got off phone to loss adjusters, spoke to a fellow petrol head, gave him a lesson on the range and values.

He's going to speak to engineer as could find an Se Cdti auto under £2.5k.. said it was borderline to authorise repair.. if not will do his best to arrange cash in Lieu..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Keep smiling - it makes people wonder what you've been up to.

NigelOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th July 2017, 17:17   #12
Ennine
Posted a thing or two

Ford

Sorry to read this Nige. I shall follow your progress with interest as I have been with LV a few years now. Always found them very helpful but never made a claim and that's when the true worth of a company is known.
Again, so sorry about the car. I'm sure you must be gutted, I know I would be.

Nige

How to: Replace touch screen Navall II

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Last edited by Ennine; 20th July 2017 at 18:16.. Reason: typo
Ennine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th July 2017, 18:09   #13
SD1too
Doesn't do things by halves

Rover 75 2.5 Connoisseur Auto (1999) Dealer launch model.

Thanked 3,749 Times in 3,181 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by NigelOBB View Post
LV are my insurers Steve, I contacted them as had doubts the person who reversed into me would contact their and refused to give me the details.
That sounds suspiciously like they were uninsured. You should follow that up. Were there any witnesses? Did they give a name and address? Did you note the registration number (if so, there's an official website which will tell you if their vehicle is insured).

If LV won't co-operate, I understand that you can "buy back the salvage" for a nominal price. That allows you to keep your car and repair it as you wish. Of course you won't get the bill paid unless you cann track down the third party's insurers and hold them responsible.

It's a minefield. I sympathise.

Simon
Old 20th July 2017, 18:13   #14
NigelOBB
This is my second home

04 Rover 75 Contemporary SE - 53 Rover 75 Connoisseur -94 Mercedes W140 - 72 VW Beetle 1300

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD1too View Post
That sounds suspiciously like they were uninsured. You should follow that up. Were there any witnesses? Did they give a name and address? Did you note the registration number (if so, there's an official website which will tell you if their vehicle is insured).

If LV won't co-operate, I understand that you can "buy back the salvage" for a nominal price. That allows you to keep your car and repair it as you wish. Of course you won't get the bill paid unless you cann track down the third party's insurers and hold them responsible.

It's a minefield. I sympathise.

Simon

It was a mature driver that hit me, think she was hoping it went away more than anything else.. got witnesses.. her company have admitted liability, but something doesn't seem right

Keep smiling - it makes people wonder what you've been up to.

NigelOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th July 2017, 18:34   #15
ssizefive
I really should get out more.......

Mg Tf160

Quote:
Originally Posted by NigelOBB View Post

Just got off phone to loss adjusters, spoke to a fellow petrol head, gave him a lesson on the range and values.

He's going to speak to engineer as could find an Se Cdti auto under £2.5k.. said it was borderline to authorise repair.. if not will do his best to arrange cash in Lieu..

Usually insurance companies will write vehicles off at around 75% of the cars retail value but, if i remember correctly, they can authorize to 100% they just don't like to. As for not using 'green' parts, i would imagine they will have to - i can't think there will be too many new doors kicking about.
Fingers crossed they will just cave in & repair it - just keep the pressure on.

Steve.
ssizefive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th July 2017, 18:37   #16
wmick
Avid contributor

R75 Club Tourer CDT

Keep fighting Nige, get hold of the other party's insurance co and make a claim on them directly, then tell your insurance you won't be claiming on them.
You will however, lose your no claims bonus unless it's protected, so make sure you get it back as well from the other insurance company.
You are the injured party and there is no blame attached to you, make sure your insurance know this and repeat it to them often.

Mick
wmick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th July 2017, 18:44   #17
macafee2
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Thanked 3,032 Times in 2,181 Posts

I'm sure that legally the other driver has to give you if you ask their name and address, not their company's name and address, theirs. If they wont, then call the police.

macafee2
macafee2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th July 2017, 18:59   #18
Graham1961
Moderator / RS East Scotland

Rover 75 1.8 Conn Se saloon

Sorry to hear this Nigel, i have seen your car and yes, it is a stunning example.

I would be inclined to insist they repair your car, or ask for a cash settlement and source a good used door without Cat C ing the car.
Old 20th July 2017, 19:15   #19
Darcydog
This is my second home

Thanked 3,170 Times in 2,096 Posts

I do feel for you Nigel - I had someone dent my front passenger door. But no idea who as it was done in a car park with no cctv. Knowing how insurance companies view our cars I have sourced another door from here via the "items wanted" section and hope to fit it soon. Cost of the door is £40 - cheapest dent repair was just under £300.

I was lucky that no other panel other than the door panel was dented.
Darcydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th July 2017, 20:16   #20
sewerman
Gets stuck in

MG ZT+ CDTi

Had a similar, are thing last year woman back into my 01 club tourer (170K) anx workhorse condition not show pony, twice with her volvo while it was at the garage havinb some repair work. Went through her insurance they offered me £1200 after taking 125 for scrap value and cat c so took it had to put it back through an mot which I did with the damaged wing and door and it passed, £40 from the wanted see it on got me anew door and wing.

So I would hold out on the price as 1000 is a joke.

Oh and when I told my insurance they said cat c uneconomic to repair as long as it's got an mot were not interested.

Scott

Sent from my SM-T530 using Tapatalk
sewerman is offline   Reply With Quote