Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > I.C.E. Forum > Sat Nav Hardware & Software > Double Din Navigation Systems
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 22nd July 2017, 18:25   #11
ianM
Regular poster

Rover 75 2.5L V6 Saloon; Rover 214i

Turns out it was the right wire - it all works! Hurrah! Now to properly have a play and get used to it all. I guess there's just the last few questions to clear up now software wise

a) When it comes to the steering wheel controls, I've got them programmed in (which is great!), but I don't seem to able to set long/short presses like the Navall Eclipse can. Am I missing something, or will this be added in a future update?

b) Is it possible to reprogram the face buttons on the unit to launch different apps? I haven't seen a setting for this anywhere, but I guess it must be possible?

c) Can I add DAB to the main menu, or adjust what pressing "mode" cycles through?

d) Will the official Navall DAB+ app from the Play Store ever be compatible with my unit?

Thanks again!
ianM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd July 2017, 17:31   #12
coolcat
This is my second home

Audi Q3 TDI S-Line Quattro

Thanked 12,235 Times in 8,232 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ianM View Post
Turns out it was the right wire - it all works! Hurrah! Now to properly have a play and get used to it all. I guess there's just the last few questions to clear up now software wise

a) When it comes to the steering wheel controls, I've got them programmed in (which is great!), but I don't seem to able to set long/short presses like the Navall Eclipse can. Am I missing something, or will this be added in a future update?

b) Is it possible to reprogram the face buttons on the unit to launch different apps? I haven't seen a setting for this anywhere, but I guess it must be possible?

c) Can I add DAB to the main menu, or adjust what pressing "mode" cycles through?

d) Will the official Navall DAB+ app from the Play Store ever be compatible with my unit?

Thanks again!
Sorry,

Missed your question yesterday but you have answered it anyhow

I'll have to leave Sean to answer your other questions as I haven't had the time to play with that stuff on your head unit.
Old 25th July 2017, 09:37   #13
ianM
Regular poster

OK - the final furlong now.

Just trying to figure out where to fit the aerials for the best. I've heard the GPS aerial can be fitting inside the dash itself and work pretty well (and indeed, it seems to find a signal almost instantly no matter where I put it, which is great). Is it possible to similarly stow the DVB TV aerials inside the dash, behind the head unit, or will they have to fit on the windscreen/on top of the dash along with the DAB?

If anyone has any experience or tips on the best place to fit them, it'd be great!
Old 26th July 2017, 15:50   #14
Peterd1947
Regular poster

MG ZT 260

Ian
I have just reinstalled my Navall Star on my 260 after having had a number of issues since installed by a 'recommended installer'.
My GPS aerial was installed under the dash but repeatedly lost the signal. I've moved this to the top of the windscreen. Works a treat, reliable.
The DVB has been a pain in the rear and would not work until I reinstalled with two windscreen aerials and re-positioned them.
I had the DAB attached to one of the windscreen aerials but bought one from Halfords and fitted it in the boot, works fine.
The rear view camera was originally fitted in the number plate light fitting but the bulb had been removed to enable this. When only one light is active when two are fitted as designed is a MOT failure. In addition the cable has to be fed through the lamp holder which the installer had cracked in doing so. I have modified the camera mounting plastic plate and fitted this on to the boot badge protrusion by drilling this to enable the cable entry and then screwing the modified mounting plate with two screws and silicon sealant to the 'wing' of the protrusion.
Pete
Peterd1947 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th July 2017, 17:05   #15
ianM
Regular poster

Thanks Pete - my experience has been much the same. I'm pretty miffed that the reversing camera supplied requires you to remove your numberplate light, as I think it really should be mentioned when ordering - it's not really sustainable to drive around with just the one light. I'm planning on doing much the same as you - trimming down the base, then fitting it centrally. Do you have a picture of what you've done?

Thanks for the feedback regarding the aerials, too. Not sure whether to leave the GPS where it is, or move it now just in case. Had hoped I'd be able to hide as many of the leads and aerials out the way as possible, but now I'm much less certain. Guess I'll have to have a play!

Quick note though - is there a knack to fitting these units? I've just tried offering it up, and it seems to get stuck about an inch from being properly "in" - it feels like there's not quite enough room left behind it, yet I assume there must be! I guess there's just a trick I'm not aware of.
Similarly, is there a way of "locking" the base of the Navall into place, like there is with the main hi line unit?

Last edited by ianM; 27th July 2017 at 18:38..
Old 29th July 2017, 09:33   #16
Peterd1947
Regular poster

MG ZT 260

Watch that the cable loom at the rear does not foul. There may also be a grey box which is the steering wheel buttons control. Had to ensure both were clear before I could fit mine. The head unit is retained by 2 screws which hold the highline unit. These are at the top of the unit and should be obvious.
Old 29th July 2017, 11:10   #17
ianM
Regular poster

Thanks Pete.I've just took out the grey box on the advice of Jeff. Should I remove the bracket that attaches to? That's what seems to be fouling atm.
Old 1st August 2017, 08:50   #18
Peterd1947
Regular poster

MG ZT 260

Mine was not fastened just loose on cable.
Old 1st August 2017, 10:00   #19
higgi23
Loves to post

MG ZT 190+ Comm no 17476

Quote:
Originally Posted by ianM View Post
Thanks Pete.I've just took out the grey box on the advice of Jeff. Should I remove the bracket that attaches to? That's what seems to be fouling atm.
Have taken the bracket out of mine and tucked the white box up under the dash out of the way.Having read Jeffs post,think I need to remove this

Last edited by higgi23; 1st August 2017 at 10:08.. Reason: Typo
higgi23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd September 2017, 08:21   #20
ianM
Regular poster

Just to keep everyone updated on this - I finally managed to get the unit fitted, only to discover it's faulty.

I'd tested everything before fitting it, just in case, but no sooner had I finally managed to squeeze it into place than it swallowed my CD and decided to keep it. Press eject, and you hear the motor spinning, but nothing happens.

I've reported the problem to Sean (Radioguy), but that was over a month ago now, and while I did get an initial reply to offer a replacement, I've had nothing back since.

I've sent a further four emails to try and get the replacement process moving, but sadly have had no response to any of my messages. I'm not sure if the emails are all going missing, but as I've sent it to the preferred address, and the others got through alright, I'm not sure that could be the reason.

With a faulty unit currently limping along in my car (there's a few other issues with the Navall Premium, particularly a nasty distortion sound with the sat nav as it switches back to music after reading out a direction), I'm at a bit of a loss as to what to do next. It's a shame, as I think the unit itself is great (bar the faults) - I just need to get one that works!!