Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > I.C.E. Forum > Sat Nav Hardware & Software > Double Din Navigation Systems
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 14th July 2017, 08:19   #1
ianM
Regular poster

Rover 75 2.5L V6 Saloon; Rover 214i

Default Fitting a Navall to a Hi Line - where's my aerial/steering wheel controls?

Hi all,

I sent a message to Sean about this around a week ago, but thought it might be quicker/easier if I asked on the forum too, as I'm sure someone can point me in the right direction - and if nothing else, it'll be useful to have this info available for others in future!

Quick history - I bought a Navall Premium as the Navall Eclipse had been withdrawn when I went to place my order. Unit turned up the other week, and had a go at fitting it on Sunday morning. Turns on and all works nicely - I'm just trying to figure out how to connect the last few things!

a) My 75 has the hi line sat nav, which apparently means all the important radio bits are in the boot. As such, I ordered the aerial extension lead, which I believe I need to run through from the boot to the front of the car - but I'm afraid I have absolutely no idea where I need to connect it to in the boot. I've taken the whole of the bottom of the boot to bits, and have found the two metal units (I believe one's for video, and the other is radio related?), but I can't see anything I can fit the aerial lead to... I know I have an aerial booster in the c-pillar - is it possible to plug it in there? Unfortunately, the fitting guide doesn't actually seem to mention this step at all, either, so I'm at a bit of a loss.

Here's the only thing I've found that looks even vaguely aerial shaped in the boot (coming from one of the two boot boxes), but it doesn't look like either the wire (or the adapter) fit:

Here's a photo of the leads I've got:

I know 1 is the digital radio aerial, and 2 connects the DAB box to the navall. 5 is the GPS, and 6 I believe is for the reversing camera, but do I need to connect 7 (an aerial adapter) to 8 (the aerial extension), and then plug that in somewhere in the boot? Also, does anyone know what are 9 and 10 are the aerials for?

b) I'm also having a bit of trouble finding my steering wheel control plugs. They don't seem to be working at the moment, and the guide mentions I should be looking for a blue/green/yellow plug, but I can't see anything like that down behind the ash tray etc, which I assume is where I'm supposed to be looking? Could anyone point me in the right direction for where/what I need to find to make these work?

c) I'm also a little bit puzzled about the reversing camera, which seems to want me to remove the numberplate bulb in order to fit it. Is this right, or am I reading the instructions wrong? As this would make the car an MOT fail, I'm guessing I must be possible to fit them both at the same time, but thought I should ask before I try screwing it together only to break something

Thanks in advance for any pointers!

Ian

Last edited by ianM; 22nd September 2017 at 08:26..
ianM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th July 2017, 13:45   #2
Radioguy
Banned

None

Hi Ian

Been on a bit of a work slowdown
Summer vacation as some call it !

You seem to be missing this , Its supposed to be in the box. If not, let me know we cans end one.

regarding the SWC Please check these tio see if they help as well as a general guide to how things should plug together

Regarding the Bulb , Please contact Coolcat, He has a slimmer Bulb for the Plate lights where the camera is situated.

Please email at [email protected]
Much easier to track and respond there please with history
regards
Sean

Quote:
Originally Posted by ianM View Post
Hi all,

I sent a message to Sean about this around a week ago, but thought it might be quicker/easier if I asked on the forum too, as I'm sure someone can point me in the right direction - and if nothing else, it'll be useful to have this info available for others in future!

Quick history - I bought a Navall Premium as the Navall Eclipse had been withdrawn when I went to place my order. Unit turned up the other week, and had a go at fitting it on Sunday morning. Turns on and all works nicely - I'm just trying to figure out how to connect the last few things!

a) My 75 has the hi line sat nav, which apparently means all the important radio bits are in the boot. As such, I ordered the aerial extension lead, which I believe I need to run through from the boot to the front of the car - but I'm afraid I have absolutely no idea where I need to connect it to in the boot. I've taken the whole of the bottom of the boot to bits, and have found the two metal units (I believe one's for video, and the other is radio related?), but I can't see anything I can fit the aerial lead to... I know I have an aerial booster in the c-pillar - is it possible to plug it in there? Unfortunately, the fitting guide doesn't actually seem to mention this step at all, either, so I'm at a bit of a loss.

Here's the only thing I've found that looks even vaguely aerial shaped in the boot (coming from one of the two boot boxes), but it doesn't look like either the wire (or the adapter) fit:

Here's a photo of the leads I've got:

I know 1 is the digital radio aerial, and 2 connects the DAB box to the navall. 5 is the GPS, and 6 I believe is for the reversing camera, but do I need to connect 7 (an aerial adapter) to 8 (the aerial extension), and then plug that in somewhere in the boot? Also, does anyone know what are 9 and 10 are the aerials for?

b) I'm also having a bit of trouble finding my steering wheel control plugs. They don't seem to be working at the moment, and the guide mentions I should be looking for a blue/green/yellow plug, but I can't see anything like that down behind the ash tray etc, which I assume is where I'm supposed to be looking? Could anyone point me in the right direction for where/what I need to find to make these work?

c) I'm also a little bit puzzled about the reversing camera, which seems to want me to remove the numberplate bulb in order to fit it. Is this right, or am I reading the instructions wrong? As this would make the car an MOT fail, I'm guessing I must be possible to fit them both at the same time, but thought I should ask before I try screwing it together only to break something

Thanks in advance for any pointers!

Ian
Radioguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th July 2017, 14:29   #3
coolcat
This is my second home

Audi Q3 TDI S-Line Quattro

Thanked 12,235 Times in 8,232 Posts

I'm now following

As Sean said,

Let us know if you want us to send that adaptor Sir
Old 19th July 2017, 12:44   #4
tony062622
Avid contributor

Vauxhall Zafira Auto

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolcat View Post
I'm now following

As Sean said,

Let us know if you want us to send that adaptor Sir
Jeff I know you are a busy guy, but could you find time to reply to my emailI sent Monday re the Navall Wince,re SWControls.I believe Sean contacted you about my problem last week.
Completed, Pcv filter,viton rings,rear,springs,discs,pads,shoes & shocks.Plenum guard,alternator.Headlamp refurb.rear exhaust.all filters alternator & belts,o/s control arm,windows /mirror controls sorted.2 door cards realigned.rear bulb holder, Wipers,Revotec fan condenser,silicon hoses.Lower rear engine mount
Tony
tony062622 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th July 2017, 16:30   #5
coolcat
This is my second home

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony062622 View Post
Jeff I know you are a busy guy, but could you find time to reply to my emailI sent Monday re the Navall Wince,re SWControls.I believe Sean contacted you about my problem last week.
Hi Tony,

Just seen this and found your email.

Will answer you tomorrow when I'm back at work and check your photo against the looms we have to make sure it is correct
Old 19th July 2017, 16:31   #6
coolcat
This is my second home

Ian,

Adaptor in the post Sir
Old 20th July 2017, 09:29   #7
ianM
Regular poster

Thanks Jeff! That's great!

I did have another question about the unit, this time about the DAB app - not sure if best to direct this towards you or Sean. The built in DAB app works fine, but I'm not a massive fan of the interface... Is it possible to use third party DAB apps at all? I tried downloading the DAB+ Navall app from the Play Store today, which seems to be the upgraded version of the one I've got preinstalled, but it didn't seem to work - it booted up fine, but then just gave me a brief, loud pop noise when I tried to scan for channels.

In the PM you sent about the steering wheel controls, you mentioned I needed to disconnect a white steering wheel controls box - I don't suppose you'd happen to have a pic of what I'm looking for at all would you, please? I imagine it is all disconnected, but I thought all the SWC wires were in the BMW loom.

Specifically for Sean, is there any way to customise the main menu/interface at all? I'm finding the current horizontal-list-of-things a bit tricky to use, and was wondering if there was either a way to click one of the sticks to select things (which would make the list approach much more user friendly), or a way to customise the home screen, or even set it to go straight to the apps menu? Jeff mentioned there might be two versions of the menus on the unit, but I wasn't sure how to switch The steering wheel controls menu particularly doesn't seem to be quite as user friendly or advanced as the ones I've seen in the videos on the earlier Navalls (is it possible to set steering wheel controls to a long or short press on Navall Premium as you can on the earlier units?), so if there's any way to tweak that, that'd be great!

Thanks!

Last edited by ianM; 20th July 2017 at 09:48..
Old 20th July 2017, 10:08   #8
coolcat
This is my second home

Quote:
Originally Posted by ianM View Post
Thanks Jeff! That's great!

I did have another question about the unit, this time about the DAB app - not sure if best to direct this towards you or Sean. The built in DAB app works fine, but I'm not a massive fan of the interface... Is it possible to use third party DAB apps at all? I tried downloading the DAB+ Navall app from the Play Store today, which seems to be the upgraded version of the one I've got preinstalled, but it didn't seem to work - it booted up fine, but then just gave me a brief, loud pop noise when I tried to scan for channels.

In the PM you sent about the steering wheel controls, you mentioned I needed to disconnect a white steering wheel controls box - I don't suppose you'd happen to have a pic of what I'm looking for at all would you, please? I imagine it is all disconnected, but I thought all the SWC wires were in the BMW loom.

Specifically for Sean, is there any way to customise the main menu/interface at all? I'm finding the current horizontal-list-of-things a bit tricky to use, and was wondering if there was either a way to click one of the sticks to select things (which would make the list approach much more user friendly), or a way to customise the home screen, or even set it to go straight to the apps menu? Jeff mentioned there might be two versions of the menus on the unit, but I wasn't sure how to switch The steering wheel controls menu particularly doesn't seem to be quite as user friendly or advanced as the ones I've seen in the videos on the earlier Navalls (is it possible to set steering wheel controls to a long or short press on Navall Premium as you can on the earlier units?), so if there's any way to tweak that, that'd be great!

Thanks!
Hi Ian,

If you had a Highline system fitted, directly behind the head unit would have been a white box (about the size of a pack of cigarettes) in a plastic holder mounted to the bulkhead.
This needs to be unplugged so as not to cause any problems with the steering wheel controls.

I have never tried another DAB app so I'm afraid I can't answer you on that one.
Hopefully Sean maybe able to advise further
Old 20th July 2017, 10:24   #9
coolcat
This is my second home

Hi Tony,

Email sent Sir
Old 22nd July 2017, 12:18   #10
ianM
Regular poster

Hi Jeff,

The steering wheel controls now work So thanks for that

Just looking getting the reversing camera working now. In order to let the Navall know I'm in reverse, I know I have to run the pink lead on the Navall loom, to the green/brown lead on an adapter in the car. Apparently I need to look for an adapter that's unplugged, but the only similar looking adapter I can see is connected to something...

On the one end, there's a green/brown, green/grey and pink/black lead, and on the other there's only a green/brown and green/grey. Here's a picture for clarity (please excuse my gigantic hand):

Am I looking at the right lead? If so, which end do I need to snip please?