Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 22nd July 2017, 08:42   #1
macafee2
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Thanked 3,032 Times in 2,181 Posts
Default watch out for an ambulance near Mansfield

Watch out for an ambulance near Mansfield.
If you see one coming at you with blues and twos on the go, move out the way. It could be my daughter coming through

She has passed her blue light driving course. She said driving on blue lights was exciting. At about 5ft 5 and the ambulance's are a bit over 7 tonnes they are quite big for her to throw around.

She was a physiotherapist but although she enjoyed the fast pace urgent patients she found slow paced as "if they had all day" patients boring.
My little girl is a bit of an adrenalin junky so blue lights and serious incidents will be to her liking.

The Peak district gets used by the emergency services as a training area due to the types of roads. That unmarked car that comes speeding past you on solid white lines may be police in training

don't call 999 if you have a "tooth ache", she wont be happy!

macafee2
macafee2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd July 2017, 10:27   #2
coab
This is my second home

2007 57 GOLF GTi EDITION 30 DSG

Thanked 1,452 Times in 852 Posts

Congrats you must be very proud!
coab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd July 2017, 10:59   #3
Mickyboy
SERVICING AND DEALER DIAGNOSTICS

MG ZT CDTI 135 + & MGZT CDTI AUTO 160 & ROVER 75 TOURER CDTI 160 TROPHY YELLOW

Thanked 2,414 Times in 1,141 Posts

Well done to her, whenever I see blue lights I always get out of the way it's just a common courtesy and the right thing to do
Mick
Jobs done : new UBP, Spy hole mod, Rear hub(wheel bearing),plenum cleaned and emptied, Inline thermostat fitted,Full service, In car Digital tv/DVD Bluetooth Satnav etc, Replaced UBP, Restored headlights,Fixed airbag connection.replaced HP pump,replaced rear light seals,changed intercooler O rings.

Jobs to do: ,replace drivers lock,.
[/SIZE]
Mickyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd July 2017, 11:06   #4
macafee2
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

I am proud, proud of both my children. My daughter had a very difficult time from 15 to 21 before it showed a real easing. Anorexia. Now she eats properly but there is a worry at the back of my mind, what happens if something goes wrong?

My wife was so patient with my daughter trying to get her to eat, she needs a medal.
The 1st major person person I want to thank after my wife, is the doctor that said she was not fit enough to go to university. That's not sarcasm but 3 to 4 hours after he told her she started the recovery, so slow you could not really tell but it started and it took years. The next major person was the shrink at uni, she really helped and lastly and although I did not like him and my daughter says that looking back he was not a good boyfriend is her ex.

I know I was not really able to help my daughter and although my wife was amazing it is the doctor, shrink and her ex that really did it.

I'm now all emotional thinking back

macafee2
Old 22nd July 2017, 11:10   #5
macafee2
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickyboy View Post
Well done to her, whenever I see blue lights I always get out of the way it's just a common courtesy and the right thing to do
Mick
Thank you.
I meant get out of the way in a joking way, sorry if it came across differently. I can almost imagine her repainting someone's car with Battenberg if they don't move

During her training she was not allowed to show any form of annoyance if other drivers done something silly, not even a tutt

macafee2
Old 22nd July 2017, 11:15   #6
simondhopkins
Loves to post

Vauxhall Vectra C

Well done, the more ambulances the better.
simondhopkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd July 2017, 11:39   #7
Mickyboy
SERVICING AND DEALER DIAGNOSTICS

MG ZT CDTI 135 + & MGZT CDTI AUTO 160 & ROVER 75 TOURER CDTI 160 TROPHY YELLOW

Thanked 2,414 Times in 1,141 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by macafee2 View Post
Thank you.
I meant get out of the way in a joking way, sorry if it came across differently. I can almost imagine her repainting someone's car with Battenberg if they don't move

During her training she was not allowed to show any form of annoyance if other drivers done something silly, not even a tutt

macafee2
No it didn't come across funny at all mate. I understood completely and 100% agree with you, paramedics ambulance drivers nurses and doctors are so important to our society, some of the stuff they have to put up with is incredible.
It was one of the driving forces behind me restoring the Rover 75 Tourer that was a paramedic car.
Also nobody ever said parenthood was going to be easy, having two disabled daughters myself I know all about parenthood, I once had nice dark brown hair now it's completely grey but we love our kids and that's the most important thing
Mick
Jobs done : new UBP, Spy hole mod, Rear hub(wheel bearing),plenum cleaned and emptied, Inline thermostat fitted,Full service, In car Digital tv/DVD Bluetooth Satnav etc, Replaced UBP, Restored headlights,Fixed airbag connection.replaced HP pump,replaced rear light seals,changed intercooler O rings.

Jobs to do: ,replace drivers lock,.
[/SIZE]
Mickyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd July 2017, 16:56   #8
jackatesme
This is my second home

rover 75 saloon.Renault Captur 1.5 diesel.

Thanked 1,242 Times in 702 Posts

Had the pleasure of being in one 3yrs ago ( Heart Attack ), great experience.
3,021 of 4,744 Connie SE
239 of 1.685 Platinum Gold.
"Maralyn": Platinum Blonde,Troublesome,Unpredictable.
jackatesme is offline   Reply With Quote