Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 22nd July 2017, 11:17   #1
mininuts
This is my second home

Cooper S 210

Thanked 2,406 Times in 1,631 Posts
Default Autosmart Topaz

Always used Autoglym Super resin polish on my cars for years but, been reading about Autosmart Topaz so, thought I'd give it a go. Apparently it's a polish/sealant and seems to get good reviews.
One question though, has anybody used this in the past and what's the best way to apply. It came with a polishing sponge, never used or seen one before and it just doesn't seem right to me as I've always used a cloth to apply

Was going to give the ZTT a treat with it today but, it's throwing it down

2016 MINI Cooper S 210 : 2000 Rover 75 CDT Classic SE : 2009 Freelander 2 GS : 2000 Mini Cooper Sport : 1986 Mini Mayfair : 1980 Mini Pickup : 1971 Mini Cooper S
mininuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd July 2017, 11:33   #2
Ravinder
This is my second home

Rover 75 saloon x2, Rover 75 Tourer x2, Rover 220 Coupe Turbo

Thanked 2,852 Times in 1,718 Posts

I've never used it, Paul. I'm always wary about using a sponge as it can cause scratches. If you've used a cloth in the past, the just use that. A microfibres one that is nice and soft. And remember to keep changing the sides to a clean one.

First name and forum name: Ravinder

Rover 75 2.0 CDT Connoisseur SE 116 (160 remap)
Royal Blue (JFM)

This vehicle was the 50,481st 75 to run off the production line, out of 112,381
This vehicle was the 2,238th 75 CDT Connoisseur SE to be made out of 3,775
This vehicle was the 5,002nd 75 in Royal Blue (code: JFM) to be made out of 14,420 Royal Blue 75s
Ravinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd July 2017, 11:44   #3
Fusilier
Moderator / RS North East

MG ZT T 180,MGF Freestyle, Jaguar XKR Convertible and XF

Thanked 2,231 Times in 1,309 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mininuts View Post
Always used Autoglym Super resin polish on my cars for years but, been reading about Autosmart Topaz so, thought I'd give it a go. Apparently it's a polish/sealant and seems to get good reviews.
One question though, has anybody used this in the past and what's the best way to apply. It came with a polishing sponge, never used or seen one before and it just doesn't seem right to me as I've always used a cloth to apply

Was going to give the ZTT a treat with it today but, it's throwing it down

Paul

Been using for a few years now, and I bought the 5 ltr can of it for around £33, and without doubt the best polish I have ever used, no dust and gives the car a little extra gloss. I put it on with a good sponge pad, leave it to haze then wipe off, and finish it off with a coat of gold class wax., You have seen the results at Gretna on the ropey old Jag

Stu

https://autosmart.co.uk/ctop014c-topaz.html

and on detailing world

http://detailingworld.co.uk/forum/sh...d.php?t=349209

Project Gruple http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...d.php?t=213155

Last edited by Fusilier; 22nd July 2017 at 11:51..
Fusilier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd July 2017, 12:10   #4
mininuts
This is my second home

Cooper S 210

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravinder View Post
I've never used it, Paul. I'm always wary about using a sponge as it can cause scratches. If you've used a cloth in the past, the just use that. A microfibres one that is nice and soft. And remember to keep changing the sides to a clean one.
Thanks Rav, that's what I was concerned about using the sponge. I'll try a test area to see what I think
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fusilier View Post
Paul

Been using for a few years now, and I bought the 5 ltr can of it for around £33, and without doubt the best polish I have ever used, no dust and gives the car a little extra gloss. I put it on with a good sponge pad, leave it to haze then wipe off, and finish it off with a coat of gold class wax., You have seen the results at Gretna on the ropey old Jag

Stu

https://autosmart.co.uk/ctop014c-topaz.html

and on detailing world

http://detailingworld.co.uk/forum/sh...d.php?t=349209
Thanks Stu. After seeing your ropey old Jag last Sunday, I think I'll be using the Topaz from now on. Do you think that the sponge that came with it will be ok?

2016 MINI Cooper S 210 : 2000 Rover 75 CDT Classic SE : 2009 Freelander 2 GS : 2000 Mini Cooper Sport : 1986 Mini Mayfair : 1980 Mini Pickup : 1971 Mini Cooper S
Old 22nd July 2017, 12:16   #5
Fusilier
Moderator / RS North East

MG ZT T 180,MGF Freestyle, Jaguar XKR Convertible and XF

Thanked 2,231 Times in 1,309 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mininuts View Post
Thanks Rav, that's what I was concerned about using the sponge. I'll try a test area to see what I think

Thanks Stu. After seeing your ropey old Jag last Sunday, I think I'll be using the Topaz from now on. Do you think that the sponge that came with it will be ok?
Paul

Just dampen the sponge pad that came with it, it goes on so easy, leave for a couple of minutes and use a good microfiber to take it off, you will be amazed at the results, and you can also used in on the glass as well, and the plastics, does not stain them, and also the door pillars, this really is good stuff and highly recommended

I have given both Bri and Ronnie a small sample and they have both commented to me how much they like it

Stu

Project Gruple http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...d.php?t=213155
Fusilier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd July 2017, 12:18   #6
mininuts
This is my second home

Cooper S 210

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fusilier View Post
Paul

Just dampen the sponge pad that came with it, it goes on so easy, leave for a couple of minutes and use a good microfiber to take it off, you will be amazed at the results, and you can also used in on the glass as well, and the plastics, does not stain them, and also the door pillars, this really is good stuff and highly recommended

I have given both Bri and Ronnie a small sample and they have both commented to me how much they like it

Stu
Thanks Stu, I'll give it a go if it ever stops raining
Glad Gretna meet was last weekend!

Old 22nd July 2017, 13:19   #7
suzublu
This is my second home

rover 75 1.8 vvc club se wedgwood blue

Thanked 7,142 Times in 4,642 Posts

Canny stuff
suzublu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th July 2017, 11:51   #8
7T5
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 saloon

It is great stuff, can even go on plastics too. I use a sponge as show, just make sure its damp, they are really good. Leaves a great gloss, but poor beading. I tend to top it with a wax.
It has no cut or fillers, so i find its best on good condition paint.
7T5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th July 2017, 13:14   #9
tourer
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Tourer CDT Auto.

Hi All.
I have a great finish on my car already, using Autoglym Super Resin Polish topped with the Autoglym Extra Gloss Protection.
However, I hate the SRP getting in the nooks and crannies and leaving white residue. (I know it is my own fault as I am heavy handed and don't want to miss anywhere).
My plan was just to keep topping up with the EGP as that does not seem to leave any white residue.
BUT, will I be better off using the Autosmart Topaz instead of the EGP? Both are easy to use and both leave no residue apparently.
I have actually just ordered a couple of bottles of Topaz but still wondering if it will be better than the Autoglym EGP.
I suppose I am a little wary as it is stated the Topaz has no cut or fillers.
I'll be very grateful for all thoughts.

Last edited by tourer; 27th July 2017 at 13:16..
tourer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th July 2017, 14:00   #10
7T5
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by tourer View Post
Hi All.
I have a great finish on my car already, using Autoglym Super Resin Polish topped with the Autoglym Extra Gloss Protection.
However, I hate the SRP getting in the nooks and crannies and leaving white residue. (I know it is my own fault as I am heavy handed and don't want to miss anywhere).
My plan was just to keep topping up with the EGP as that does not seem to leave any white residue.
BUT, will I be better off using the Autosmart Topaz instead of the EGP? Both are easy to use and both leave no residue apparently.
I have actually just ordered a couple of bottles of Topaz but still wondering if it will be better than the Autoglym EGP.
I suppose I am a little wary as it is stated the Topaz has no cut or fillers.
I'll be very grateful for all thoughts.
Topaz leaves a good gloss, but i find poor protection. I would use the topaz then top it with the EGP.
7T5 is offline   Reply With Quote