Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > I.C.E. Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 28th April 2013, 11:32   #1
dandor
Regular poster

Rover 75

Default Info on spakers

Hi guys, just a bit of info for those wanting to upgrade their front door speakers. I recently bought a pair of 6.5 inch vibe slick six door speakers from halfords, I finally got round to fitting them today and they fit perfect although i had to screw them from the other side of the white plastic surround. They have a very low mounting depth so dont affect the window and have the tweeter set in the bass cone so the original door tweeters can be disconnected. (my door tweeters distorted anyway). However as i have found, this upgrade is not worth it unless you upgrade the harmony head unit also as it doesnt have enough power to drive them sufficiantly and they distort at quite a low volume. The vibe speakers are very powerfull so its definately the head units weak power causing this. I just wonder how they would sound with the symphony unit as its 20wx4 as opposed to the harmonys 7x4
dandor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th April 2013, 13:49   #2
MangoMan
This is my second home

Looking....

Thanked 1,111 Times in 868 Posts

All I can say is when I changed from Harmony to Symphony there was a vast improvement in quality, even with the standard speakers!