Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > I.C.E. Forum > Sat Nav Hardware & Software > Double Din Navigation Systems
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 29th May 2010, 20:56   #471
David Lawrence
This is my second home

Rover 75 CDT-2001

Quote:
Originally Posted by petrutms View Post
@picky, i have full english firmware but is not tested on your device, touchscreen may not work or board can die... is risky. If you want to risk the board, i`ll send it to you. This firmware works 100% pefect and safe on maisun devices ( same gps board, maybe same hardware )
@matt, no you cant.. this is wince , not xp.

What about some kind of Bluetooth dialer and phonebook app? I found that from IGO8 I could turn the bluetooth on and off because it disconnected my phone when I pressed the button on the IGO menu, but I cant do anything else.
David Lawrence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th May 2010, 21:00   #472
petrutms
Regular poster

Rover 75

hmmm, so it looks you have bluetooth hardware installed. as i said before browse to windows folder and look for mobileremotor.exe , and run it. If you dont have my patch, get it, will help you alot. If you dont have the file, i`ll send you one, but i need pictures with the main menu in gps mode ( main shell )
petrutms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th May 2010, 00:21   #473
phenonix
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 2001 Club Sedan V6 2.5

Any possibility to see the board "after" the mod, just to see exactly how each wire is connected to each point

Quote:
Originally Posted by picky747 View Post
Thank to Petrutms WinCE hack I have today done the USB mod to the satnav module and can confirm that IT WORKS!Once the unit was out of the car it only took 10mins to complete and on re-installing it found the USB immediately.I used a cable off one of these USB backplates that you can get from computer shops anywhere.

This is the one I used.

Where to connect on the board.

I was able to run a 60gig hard drive formatted to FAT32 with a 5v adapter plugged into the cig lighter as the unit cannot provide enough power to run a hard drive but can run a memory stick or card reader.
The hack gives a windows style desktop and some media players with better format compatibility. Jules,this does support FLAC so you could load up a hard drive full.
The media player supports album art as well.

In WinCE it shows as USBHD

Big thanks to Tony for his input on this ,hopefully the TMC problem may soon be resolved.Just need to run a USB extension cable into the glovebox now and hardwire the 5v adapter out of sight.
phenonix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th May 2010, 06:01   #474
phenonix
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 2001 Club Sedan V6 2.5

Hi
Would anyone have the original NWDFLASH folder, Petrutms has asked me for it but needs it from someone who has not applied the patch
phenonix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th May 2010, 19:06   #475
picky747
Gets stuck in

ROVER

Quote:
Originally Posted by phenonix View Post
Any possibility to see the board "after" the mod, just to see exactly how each wire is connected to each point
Just trim the wires on the usb lead and tin the ends with solder.

Then just solder the wires on to the pads as shown.

Make sure none of the wires are touching each other and then cover the connections using a hot glue gun,this prevents accidentally pulling the wires off and also insulates them.
Sorry about quality of the pics but camera on my phone is not up to much.

Tried a wireless keyboard today and it works but there is no mouse pointer in WinCE.Leads are now fitted in the glove box for the hard drive.I'm using a 60gig portable hd which came out of my PS3 and at the moment has 70 albums on and has only used 10gig so plenty left to play with.
picky747 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th May 2010, 19:18   #476
tony_fry
I really should get out more.......

BMW I3

That's great Graham how did you remove the GPS board? I have not yet taken mine part for the MOD

Membership No 135
tony_fry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th May 2010, 19:29   #477
picky747
Gets stuck in

ROVER

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony_fry View Post
That's great Graham how did you remove the GPS board? I have not yet taken mine part for the MOD
Hi Tony,just remove all the screws from the backplate and pull it away then remove the bottom plate (it should just come off as one of the backplate screws holds it in) on the bottom of the mainboard is a screw that holds the satnav module bracket ,once removed you can wiggle the module out of its socket.Do use a hot glue gun over where you solder to prevent the wires pulling off.I got a USB extension lead today from the pound shop so it 's quite a cheap upgrade to do.Good luck and have fun!!
picky747 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st May 2010, 07:40   #478
ianw
Regular poster

mg zt cdti+ x power grey

hi there would it be possible to connect a usb hub onto the board from the connections shown in this post. thanx
Old 31st May 2010, 09:17   #479
petrutms
Regular poster

Rover 75

yes, working perfect.
petrutms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st May 2010, 11:39   #480
Radioguy
Banned

None

Sorry to change the subject here a bit but if anyone wants the IGO8 Manual, I can Email it to you

Please email me at [email protected]

Sean
RadioGuy
Radioguy is offline   Reply With Quote