Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Technology Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 6th November 2023, 14:30   #1
xsport
Posted a thing or two

rover 75 club se

Default Yahoo sign in

YAHOO sign in has worked perfectly for me for years and years. Suddenly i have to wait 24 hrs before my next loggin. Other times 47 mins or one hour .Always the same message : too many log in attempts , or : sorry cannot sign you in .. try later in one hour . What if your waiting for an important email ? Really really annoying , and quite frankly is nothing short of a disgrace. This will undoutedly cause people to change to a new mail supplier. I had wondered if it was a fault at my end originally , but hundreds of thousands are experiencing the same issues. I have updated my password, added two step validated sign in with a second email address and iphone number text and still the same problem. I am one of many with the same issues online reports this. Yahoo make no appologies and want you to subscribe ... NO WAY !! Its a daunting task to change email address and notify every one from family and all institutions from banks to paypal to DVLA etc ... but im going to try and leave my current email in place for now and transfer over gradually, then finally remove it. My laptop does all it can to get me back onto edge and i suspect it would run better on windows 10 with it. I like firefox browser but microsoft does not, and makes things difficult when trying to use apps and extentions , where and when it can. Can anyone suggest an email browser combination that works well on my laptop windows 10 please . thanks .
xsport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th November 2023, 17:56   #2
stevestrat
This is my second home

ZT260 #243 (resting)

Thanked 4,624 Times in 3,358 Posts

I'd speak to Yahoo if you haven't already. I'm Windows10 with Yahoo email and don't have any problems

T4 Location Map
stevestrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th November 2023, 18:07   #3
Number 6
This is my second home

Rover 75 tourer Club CD/Limo Tints

Thanked 1,609 Times in 869 Posts
Default Yahoo

Well strangely to day I had the same message telling me to try again in an hour.

Have not tried again yet. But will try again later.

"I started out with nothing, and Ive still got most of it left!"
Number 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th November 2023, 18:11   #4
stevestrat
This is my second home

ZT260 #243 (resting)

Thanked 4,624 Times in 3,358 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevestrat View Post
I'd speak to Yahoo if you haven't already. I'm Windows10 with Yahoo email and don't have any problems
Might be relevant (or not!) but I log directly into Yahoo Mail rather than logging into Yahoo then going to mail.

T4 Location Map
stevestrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th November 2023, 22:51   #5
xsport
Posted a thing or two

rover 75 club se

Steve, my wife has no issues what so ever , however ,she uses her mobile app and i use my laptop.Both use our home private network hub. This may or may not be relevant , as many thousands are complaining of the same issue. It will cost them dearly in the long run as i think it is money motivated. I have tried contacting yahoo and of course their response is to pay and upgrade my yahoo by prescription.They do have a dedicated help line that you can call ... but again , pay by the minute for advise to help . I believe that they are targeting high usage yahoo non prescribed non paying users. My traffic on yahoo is quite high 30 plus emails per day ... FREE !! and there in lies the reason . I have now broken free of yahoo after 30 yrs good service , and will never go back again. as this is the way they are moving forward, pay or leave. I think next april microsoft will start turning the screw with their new outlook release due out, so i would not be suprised if that becomes prescribe only. These companies realise that our lives are totally intertwined with PC/ mobiles internet reliance, and we are going to pay for the privelidged usage. I spent all day today changing over everything from banks to friends , and now sit on edge and outlook, and i wont be going back again... not after this...
Old 7th November 2023, 23:21   #6
xsport
Posted a thing or two

rover 75 club se

I totally and fully understand the risks involved with hackers /phishing / and scams etc , and appreciate the extra protection that even ebay and the banks have increased , but if it comes to the stage where you cannot use the system for the job intended , then that defeats the object somewhat doesnt it .We will if the banks and big money men get their way , be totally reliant on these systems , as the use of real in the hand tender money,is removed as much as possible. You pay for a computer/mobile device, pay for your power supply, pay for your microsoft software, and then for your internet supplier , and now for the privellage of using it on your own device. It is what it is ... yes , but is it all so needed , or is it all greed ? Poor people such as Richard Branson disagree , im sure. ... Going to bed now ... enough for one day ...