Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Closed Thread

Old 8th October 2016, 16:15   #1
uncle buck
Regular poster

mg zt-t

Default Dissapointed

Dissapointed is not really a strong enough word to be honest. Lost a days pay and family time waiting for a forum member to "travel by train" here to buy my zt-t. After messaging me train times of departure and arrival, asking for the reg for insurance and where he could fuel up etc i havent heard anything.

I tried calling for some time only to find that they had blocked my number and all texts. I know this as when calling from my wives phone he answered, then hung up on me, asked for text and when i sent one asking whats going on there was no answer followed up with my wifes number being blocked.

Since i advertised the car i have had so many subscribed forum members mess me about with various promises, asking for photo after photo, and other things i have had enough.

I personally dont care if the car doesnt sell now, i have just got off the phone with a scrap merchant who is going to have the car for scrap weight.

I have messaged reebs about this.
Old 8th October 2016, 16:23   #2
coolguy
Coolguy

Rover 75 CDT Tourer Auto, Rover 75 2.0 Connoisseur Auto, MG ZT 2.5 Auto and MG ZT Cdti Auto (Monogra

I suffered a similar problem , but at least the guy made an excuse at the last minute, although I had rearranged my weekend! I told him that the following weekend it would have to be the Saturday, but never heard from him again. I had not advertised the car, and did not want to sell, but I offered it in response to a plea for an automatic diesel tourer on this forum to help out (I would have still had 5 left, plus other cars). Have not named him, but was tempted at the time. However, I shall not be responding to any future pleas, which is a shame for other members.
Old 8th October 2016, 16:37   #3
barney bear
This is my second home

rover 75 Connoiseur diesel called Rosey

Thanked 2,001 Times in 1,424 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by uncle buck View Post
Dissapointed is not really a strong enough word to be honest. Lost a days pay and family time waiting for a forum member to "travel by train" here to buy my zt-t. After messaging me train times of departure and arrival, asking for the reg for insurance and where he could fuel up etc i havent heard anything.

I tried calling for some time only to find that they had blocked my number and all texts. I know this as when calling from my wives phone he answered, then hung up on me, asked for text and when i sent one asking whats going on there was no answer followed up with my wifes number being blocked.

Since i advertised the car i have had so many subscribed forum members mess me about with various promises, asking for photo after photo, and other things i have had enough.

I personally dont care if the car doesnt sell now, i have just got off the phone with a scrap merchant who is going to have the car for scrap weight.

Sorry to read that you've been messed about, some people just have no common decency. I'm sure the person involved could have just called and explained if he had changed his mind, it's not a difficult thing to do really is it?

It's a real shame that you've had to scrap the car, if I was in the position to buy it I'd have had it in a heartbeat, good colour, cheap to run and vast inside, what's not to like.

I hope Reebs gives the member in question a good roasting for acting like he has.
Old 8th October 2016, 16:41   #4
Rooney
Suspended

MG ZT 135+ Rover 75 CDTi Tourer, 75 2.5 V6 Saloon

It's always a shame when anybody has so little regard for someone else that they can't just put on their big boy trousers and tell them the truth.

Look forward to an elaborate excuse, no doubt involving hospitals or kidnapping by members of the trump campaign.
Old 8th October 2016, 16:44   #5
lady zed
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon

Thanked 1,210 Times in 716 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by uncle buck View Post

that is out of order. maybe folk should start asking for a deposit.
Old 8th October 2016, 16:45   #6
uncle buck
Regular poster

mg zt-t

Well is someone wants it before Monday its £100 that's what I am getting off the scrap merchant. It's still got a valid mot, there's fuel in there and if you just had it to break you would get more for it. Offers there..
Old 8th October 2016, 16:49   #7
Les4048
This is my second home

Rover 75 Tourer/ MG ZT-T 400

Thanked 1,523 Times in 869 Posts

Absolutely shocking behaviour to anyone not only a fellow forum member. This is the one place where you'd trust people and take their word as gospel
Old 8th October 2016, 16:58   #8
Darcydog
This is my second home

Thanked 3,170 Times in 2,096 Posts

I am surprised that someone could possibly think that their behaviour is in anyway acceptable

If this person can do this to a fellow Forum member - what behaviour do they exhibit to others in general..........
Old 8th October 2016, 17:03   #9
The_irish_rover
Loves to post

Rover 75

So many messers about and not just limited to this forum. Being an enthusiast's page you would expect better. I've had similar here when offering parts for free as well.

I rather hope the offender reads this and contacts the OP to at least apologise - but being the cynic I am, I rather doubt that will happen anytime soon.
2000 Rover 75 Club SE 2.0 Auto. Previously owned by Grandy, then Wraymond. Mods include, blue LED interior lighting, "marmite" under door handle lighting, power folds & Naval 1 head unit with Kenwood sub. Since buying the car I've retro fitted an electric sunblind & converted the manual cloth seats to leather.
Old 8th October 2016, 17:10   #10
FL04CCK

MG Zt-t

Default You Have a PM

Uncle Buck you have a PM...All the best.
Closed Thread