Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > The Valeting Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 10th August 2018, 05:53   #21
AndyN01
This is my second home

Toyota RAV4

Thanked 1,579 Times in 968 Posts

I'm with Teflon on this as I'm watching with interest.

Anyone who's seen my posts on the detailing world forum will know I'm a big fan of two phrases:

To misquote a certain TV property programme - Preparation, Preparation, Preparation

and

"KIS"

K - Keep
I - It
S -Simple.

I've not used a ceramic coating but yes, I'm very interested. However I'm not sure I could realistically keep to my first phrase which, in turn, would probably spoil the results.

I'm a big fan of Glare which is a glaze that, to a degree, bonds to the clearcoat and is used the same way as "normal" polishes (Scholl/Meguires/3M/Menzerma etc.) but doesn't remove clearcoat to achieve its results.

Anyway, I find the whole washing/polishing/waxing thing quite therapeutic.

Good luck to those who give it a go.

Andy.

http://www.midlandsnanomeets.co.uk/

Last edited by AndyN01; 10th August 2018 at 05:57..
AndyN01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th August 2018, 06:51   #22
mohair
Regular poster

MG ZT260 SE, MG ZT+ CDTI

a friend of mine has had his RS4 ceramic coated and cost around £600. its a very intense operation and the paintwork really does need to be spotless before applying.

unfortunately you need to be careful as it can discolour some of the silver trim (which he found out after) but he has now had his silver trim wrapped black.
mohair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st November 2019, 13:45   #23
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

MG ZT 1.8t+. No.3 of 4 in Sunspot Yellow & Ford Fiesta in Black.

Thanked 15,645 Times in 6,806 Posts
Cool

Devils Detailing gave Banana the ceramic coating back in July. Looks ace when it rains, which is quite often. No need to shampoo the car anymore, just rinse it and wipe off any persistent dirt with a good quality mitt then using a good microfibres cloth to take the excess water off.

Karl Hooley who carried out the work also coated the side windows along with the rear window. Not on the windscreen as it causes the wipers to shudder across. Karl left me a bottle of “top up” ceramic coating so that I can just top the coating up every so often. Easy to apply and easy to buff up. The microfibre cloth you use to apply the coating with gets binned. As once the cloth dries out it goes stiff as a board.

Karl approached me and asked if he could give Banana the coating after she came out of the pain shop. And offered me such a cracking price it would have been foolish to refuse. Him and his partner travelled down from Lancashire to do the job.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 258875E2-7AAD-46DF-AF8F-E2CC115601EE.jpg (19.8 KB, 22 views)

232750. Be patient Banana, we will soon be back together and enjoying the shows again.

onen hag oll
FLYING BANANA is offline   Reply With Quote