Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 26th April 2018, 19:56   #1
Busboy
Loves to post

75 tourer (facelift) 2.0 CDTi

Default Drive it day/ Classic car weekly

I recently bought the latest copy of Classic car weekly, and within is a large quantity of classic cars that took part in the annual "show your car event" which is sponsored by Peter best insurance, now amongst the many pictures of cars there were at least four MGF/TF cars that are presumably members of MG based clubs and one if these cars was a 2005 model and it is in a publication that is for Classic car enthusiasts, which must surely mean that the Classic motoring media class them as such, which I am sure many will agree is a good thing.

This begs the question that as the term classic is so subjective these days and seems to be applied much more loosely than hitherto it goes without saying that our 75/ZT's
deserve as much recognition as the MGF in the classuc car world especially as more and more surviving cars are now in the hands of enthusiasts.

I think that the time will soon be here when all Rovers will be classed as classics, but the government still has a 40 year cut off date for tax exemption etc.

It is worth noting that the event is organised by the FBHVC but includes modern cars, so hopefully this organisation should be able to help us keep our Diesel 75/ZT's on the road in the face of a Government hell bent on getting rid of our cars.

Any thoughts

One of the best of the last from the last of the best!
Produced on Valentine's day 2005 - 8 weeks before the end.
Busboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th April 2018, 22:25   #2
Comfortably Numb
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Saloon

I reckon a car becomes a classic when there are more people who remember them with nostalgic affection, and want one, than there are cars of that type left, so their prices start to rise. 75/ZTs are getting there, but there are still plenty of long term owners who think they are now just an old car, worth banger money. They will probably be kicking themselves in a couple of years time.
Comfortably Numb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th April 2018, 07:37   #3
Busboy
Loves to post

75 tourer (facelift) 2.0 CDTi

I think that I need to expand on my post, what I am trying to say is that it was noticable that no 75/ZT's Were pictured in Classic car weekly, when I clearly believe that there should have been some of our cars represented as there were 4 MGF's pictured in the paper, so its perhaps becoming the time that our cars should be more widely recognised as clasics and given the protection from government legislation that is campaigned for through the FBHVC ( Federation of British Historic Vehicle Clubs) for matters that involve the use of our cars in to the future, primarily the Diesels which the government seems to want to legislate off the road

One of the best of the last from the last of the best!
Produced on Valentine's day 2005 - 8 weeks before the end.
Busboy is offline   Reply With Quote