Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Social Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 6th April 2014, 09:40   #151
HarryM1BYT
This is my second home

75 Contemporary SE Mk II 2004 Man. Sal. CDTi 135ps, FBH on red diesel, WinCE6 DD

Thanked 2,061 Times in 1,586 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerekS View Post
I read that they have heard something on the expected frequency that pings every second. 'Most likely' the box they are looking for, as the frequency for black boxes been chosen because its unique and not likely to be a spurious signal from anything else.
They seem to be saying that two Chinese vessels have found two pings and an Australian vessel has found yet a third. If true, there would seem to be an awful lots of black boxes recently took a swim in the Indian Ocean from aircraft - Remember they are only supposed to ping for a week.

I surprised the pings are not sent in some sort of code, rather like the flashes from lighthouses, to make ID of the device certain.

How To's and items I offer for free, or just to cover the cost of my expenses...

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...40#post1764540

Fix a poor handbrake; DIY ABS diagnostic unit; Loan of the spanner needed to change the CDT belts; free OBD diagnostics +MAF; Correct Bosch MAF cheap; DVB-T install in an ex-hi-line system; DD install with a HK amp; FBH servicing.

I've taken a vow of poverty. To annoy me, send money.
HarryM1BYT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th April 2014, 10:07   #152
DerekS
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Tourer

Should convert to whale/porpoise frequency. They can communicate over vast distances .
DerekS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th February 2018, 12:44   #153
WillyHeckaslike
This is my second home

Rovers 75 & 25

I've been following this with interest from the off and I check for any news on a regular basis, so pleased to read that a new search for MH370 is now underway. It is being done by a private firm, Ocean Infinity, on a "no find no fee" contract with Malaysia. Fingers crossed that they find it this time. Click
WillyHeckaslike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th February 2018, 15:58   #154
Ravinder
This is my second home

Rover 75 saloon x2, Rover 75 Tourer x2, Rover 220 Coupe Turbo

Thanked 2,852 Times in 1,718 Posts

I can’t believe that’s been nearly four years.

First name and forum name: Ravinder

Rover 75 2.0 CDT Connoisseur SE 116 (160 remap)
Royal Blue (JFM)

This vehicle was the 50,481st 75 to run off the production line, out of 112,381
This vehicle was the 2,238th 75 CDT Connoisseur SE to be made out of 3,775
This vehicle was the 5,002nd 75 in Royal Blue (code: JFM) to be made out of 14,420 Royal Blue 75s
Ravinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th February 2018, 17:16   #155
sworks
Been absent for a while…

Rover 75 Tourer, Classic mini Cooper S, Abarth 595 competizione, MG TF and a Hyundai Tucson PHEV

Thanked 1,686 Times in 1,040 Posts

In this day and age anything can be tracked, even iPhones have a find my iPhone option. I’m not sure why planes are relying on technology to track them that can be turned off via a circuit breaker or by loss of power? Was nobody’s phone on and traceable?
Hopefully it’s found as it’s been too long.

'Marmite' Possibly one of the most famous 75 tourers produced! left the production line as the last of only Three Rover 75 tourers produced in Trophy Yellow. 48 hours later Longbridge closed. The last sold ordered 75 Tourer. Paid for by the Phoenix Four and handed over by John Towers to the Warwickshire Northampton Air ambulance service as a Rapid Response vehicle
sworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th February 2018, 17:29   #156
HarryM1BYT
This is my second home

75 Contemporary SE Mk II 2004 Man. Sal. CDTi 135ps, FBH on red diesel, WinCE6 DD

Quote:
Originally Posted by sworks View Post
In this day and age anything can be tracked, even iPhones have a find my iPhone option. I’m not sure why planes are relying on technology to track them that can be turned off via a circuit breaker or by loss of power? Was nobody’s phone on and traceable?
Hopefully it’s found as it’s been too long.
Simple, they run out of tracking range for the planes trackers. Phone and plane trackers don't radiate much beyond the visible horizon on the frequencies they use. The assumed crash site was well beyond the horizon, well away from any land, tracking stations and any phone cells. Normally for comms beyond the horizon, they would use lower frequencies/ HF.

There are amateur tracking stations scattered all over the world sharing aircraft location data via the Internet. They can only track and report line of sight. Having been briefly involved with it, from here and depending on the aircraft having a good altitude, I can track up to Glasgow, down to Nottingham, over the Welsh coast and to the east coast - a rough 200 mile range.

How To's and items I offer for free, or just to cover the cost of my expenses...

Fix a poor handbrake; DIY ABS diagnostic unit; Loan of the spanner needed to change the CDT belts; free OBD diagnostics +MAF; Correct Bosch MAF cheap; DVB-T install in an ex-hi-line system; DD install with a HK amp; FBH servicing.

Last edited by HarryM1BYT; 24th February 2018 at 18:07..
Old 24th February 2018, 18:51   #157
WillyHeckaslike
This is my second home

Rovers 75 & 25

I couldn't help but notice the reference to SA295 in the news that I linked to. It was a South African Airways Boeing 747 which also went down in the Indian Ocean with the loss of all on board. It happened in the 80s more than a quarter of a century before the loss of MH370 and in deep water too. It was eventually found and after the locator beacons on the data recorders had stopped working but there was far more information to aid that result than is the case with MH370. However far from quelling any conspiracy theories the subsequent recovery actually fuelled them.

I have read somewhere of a compelling case for Kapton wiring being the root cause of the fire which most likely brought it down. The RAF certainly did not ignore the danger associated with that type of wiring as I believe that it was removed from a number of its aircraft including those of The Red Arrows in the early 90s. Link to Kapton article here. Click
Old 18th March 2024, 13:05   #158
WillyHeckaslike
This is my second home

Rovers 75 & 25

Looks like A new search is being considered. Ocean Infinity who undertook the last search has put forward a new proposal. Cick
Old 18th March 2024, 14:00   #159
HarryM1BYT
This is my second home

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillyHeckaslike View Post
Looks like A new search is being considered. Ocean Infinity who undertook the last search has put forward a new proposal. Cick

I think the new search is based on a new idea, of using disturbance to radio signals, recorded at the time of the loss. Rather like the disturbance we used to suffer, to VHF TV signals we used to suffer, as aircraft went over in the 50's and 60's.

Old 18th March 2024, 15:07   #160
WillyHeckaslike
This is my second home

Rovers 75 & 25

I've read about that Harry and I see that someone at Liverpool University is studying the use of whisper (WSPR) in relation to this case. Click

Be great if it helps solve the mystery and if it does then radio hams will be due much credit for their involvement in WSPR. I have read that WSPR findings closely match those of the Inmarsat satellite for the most part but interestingly it shows that a figure of eight pattern was flown near the end of the flight. One hypothesis for that is that it was a recce to ensure that the area was clear of any shipping that would be able to witness the location of the jet's final resting place. Possible I suppose but what if the pattern flown was actually this, ∞?

Perhaps done as a final deed to mark in the mind of the person responsible a place that is so far away that it cannot be reached. Infinity?