Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 15th January 2020, 18:00   #1
admiralalcatraz
Avid contributor

2000 Rover 75 Saloon 1.8 Club SE/ 2004 Rover 75 Contemporary T 1.8T / 2005/55 Rover 75 Classic T

Default Does originality really count?

How much do you think originality matters?

I have a 2000 1.8 Club SE, that has never been modified or altered, even still has the original Phillips-Harmony cassette player. I intent to keep it that way.

However those that are following the 'Saving Private Puddles' thread on here will know I have recently been given a 2004 Contemporary T by 2750 hp with a blown head gasket. Now I have found out that the head gasket has been done twice before, provided the head has been slimmed twice before I don't feel 100% comfortable skimming again and putting another head gasket in again.

So my plan is (I think ) to fit a MG 6 N series engine. But I want to fit a set of MG grids, lower the suspension and get some kind of remap. I haven't ironed out the details I want to get everything together and running first.

But do you think that 'modifying' a car detracts from it? I am 30 years old and far from a 'boy racer' I am a strong believer in less is more.

Thanks Tom
admiralalcatraz is offline   Reply With Quote