Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > I.C.E. Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Closed Thread

Old 10th March 2010, 21:24   #801
Radioguy
Banned

None

Default reverse view Camera for MG5 and MG7

Hi

I ahve not received any feedback as to whether this camera will fit the ZT's and '75's

Camera is 64$
Wireless is $58.00
Shipping with the head Units would be Included
Separate shippng is 48$

Here is a photo of the camera below.
They have true SONY Lens and are CCD (As opposed to CMOS). CCD is well know for better night vision. There are manufactures of RV cameras that are selling them for about 30& but they are not the quality of these. I won't get involved with the cheaper units because it is hit and miss as to functioning.

They can be purchased as wireless or wired form. The wired means running a wire from the rear to the head unit. With Wireless you purchase a transmitter which is mounted in the boot and a receiver which is mounted under the dash and is connected to the RVC In on the head unit.

This saves running the wire through the car and we sell many many many and they work without problems. I have never had a malfunction or return.

By the way, This is MY Website regarding the cameras in case you may think that we are novices there also !

www.car-reverse-cameras.com

RG

Last edited by Radioguy; 10th March 2010 at 22:21.. Reason: Spelling
Old 10th March 2010, 21:59   #802
STUBIE
This is my second home

Back in a Rover

Haulingan have now posted up their new BMW e46 unit which will fit the 75 and is very nice.

Old 10th March 2010, 21:59   #803
75ConSE
Avid contributor

Rover 75 2.5 Connoisseur SE '02 Auto Saloon

Sean, sorry, I did not realise about your advertising rights.

Am I right in thinking that this reversing camera is inset in one of the number plate lamps, i.e. remove one of the lenses and replace it with one of these? If so, that is a neat idea. Is the wired version $64 on its own, or do you pay extra for the wiring..... maybe a stupid question, but we (I) want to be clear!

I have just realised, it may be CCD but it doesn't have infra-red. What is the night vision like without it? Are the reversing lights sufficient or does it tend to 'white out'?

Rover 75 2.5 Connoisseur SE
'02 Auto Saloon.
Bright and Shiny Zircon Silver. Chrome is where the heart is!

Last edited by 75ConSE; 10th March 2010 at 22:05..
Old 10th March 2010, 22:06   #804
picky747
Gets stuck in

ROVER

With regard to the TMC operation of this unit it has been mentioned on here that it uses a Royaltek unit which it would appear is attached to the Satnav module and not the radio tuner which is required for the RDS function.To receive RDS it would require a different tuner module with an RDS decoder chip incorporated.

Old 10th March 2010, 22:20   #805
Radioguy
Banned

None

Hi Paul, Yes, It would fit into one of the license plate lights
Wire IS included
They have excellent nightvision. And do not white out. I know that you hear it before but they really are good quality.

They can also be supplied for 5$ extra, with the parking guidelines

I also have a Video which I am uploading now

Quote:
Originally Posted by 75ConSE View Post
Sean, sorry, I did not realise about your advertising rights.

Am I right in thinking that this reversing camera is inset in one of the number plate lamps, i.e. remove one of the lenses and replace it with one of these? If so, that is a neat idea. Is the wired version $64 on its own, or do you pay extra for the wiring..... maybe a stupid question, but we (I) want to be clear!

I have just realised, it may be CCD but it doesn't have infra-red. What is the night vision like without it? Are the reversing lights sufficient or does it tend to 'white out'?
Old 10th March 2010, 22:21   #806
Radioguy
Banned

None

We are looking into this. I saw it before on their site. I think that it is also significantly more money ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by STUBIE View Post
Haulingan have now posted up their new BMW e46 unit which will fit the 75 and is very nice.

Old 10th March 2010, 22:26   #807
David Lawrence
This is my second home

Rover 75 CDT-2001

Quote:
Originally Posted by picky747 View Post
With regard to the TMC operation of this unit it has been mentioned on here that it uses a Royaltek unit which it would appear is attached to the Satnav module and not the radio tuner which is required for the RDS function.To receive RDS it would require a different tuner module with an RDS decoder chip incorporated.

Yes it is true. Royaltek hardware is detected by the TMC screen autodetect process, and when I had the back of my unit I did see a module like this one. It would seem that it is connected on the computer hardware and so is related to the GPS half of the unit, although received through radio signals, and not satellite ones. That being the case it would seem likely that a second receiver would be needed to make it work on the radio side of these units.
What is also interesting is that these Chinese suppliers have been advertising these units for so long now as having RDS already, and yet they don't. Curious advertising practice
Old 10th March 2010, 22:26   #808
picky747
Gets stuck in

ROVER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radioguy View Post
We are looking into this. I saw it before on their site. I think that it is also significantly more money ?
Sean,is this the same unit as the Rover one in different clothing?If so it would be nice to get hold of the firmware if it uses the same Sunplus chip.
Old 10th March 2010, 22:34   #809
David Lawrence
This is my second home

Rover 75 CDT-2001

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radioguy View Post

Doesn't look like it has USB connections at the front, and what are the "Wings" at the top of the panel on either side, where would they fit in the R75 facia?
Old 10th March 2010, 22:38   #810
picky747
Gets stuck in

ROVER

Looks like it could be a hacksaw modification,but why bother if it costs more.
Closed Thread