Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 9th May 2010, 14:32   #11
chrissyboy
This is my second home

lovely little ford focus.

Quote:
Originally Posted by STUBIE View Post
Got no belly pan and cannot see any leaks underneath, I take it that the water pump is on the left (looking from front) side on engine where the belts are?

I have just emptied the coolant and flushed the rad with clean water no problem getting through there, I then put back on the expansion tank and blew the remaining water out with my lungs. Ran some more water through a couple of time and I can hear it flushing thru the rad and out of the bottom hose. water out is clean no muck.

Blew until I got no more water. So have now connected back up the bottom hose and am going to start filling up.

Stubs
ok when its filled up run engine and bleed topping upas you go ,you will know there is no air in there when the flow out is stronger and continuous and you dont hear it make sure it is topped up replace cap and drive round the block .make sure you hear no gurgle noise on turning on ignition ..
Old 9th May 2010, 18:07   #12
STUBIE
This is my second home

Back in a Rover

Could be a result here, but not counting my chickens, after refilling let it idle on the drive and watch the temp rise via the diags.

A few times I took the the idle up to 1500 -2000 revs watch the temp rise.

Now I noticed when I revved the engine the temp on the diags fell, about 5 degrees, after leaving it 15 mins temp was still only in low 90's on idle so fan didn't come in, this was with heater on full, although still not hot it is not freezing cold so could be matrix blocked - one for next weekend.

I have only filled up with water at the moment.

I have now down this twice after letting it cool down and top up with water

Stubs

Last edited by STUBIE; 13th June 2010 at 12:09..
STUBIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th May 2010, 18:17   #13
chrissyboy
This is my second home

Quote:
Got no belly pan and cannot see any leaks underneath, I take it that the water pump is on the left (looking from front) side on engine where the belts are?

I have just emptied the coolant and flushed the rad with clean water no problem getting through there, I then put back on the expansion tank and blew the remaining water out with my lungs. Ran some more water through a couple of time and I can hear it flushing thru the rad and out of the bottom hose. water out is clean no muck.

Blew until I got no more water. So have now connected back up the bottom hose and am going to start filling up.

Stubs

just had a thought . i read somewhere that you need the under tray as it traps the air helping to cool the engine .. just a thought ...
Old 9th May 2010, 18:22   #14
chrissyboy
This is my second home

Quote:
Could be a result here, but not counting my chickens, after refilling let it idle on the drive and watch the temp rise via the diags.

A few times I took the the idle up to 1500 -2000 revs watch the temp rise.

Now I noticed when I revved the engine the temp on the diags fell, about 5 degrees, after leaving it 15 mins temp was still only in low 90's on idle so fan didn't come in, this was with heater on full, although still not hot it is not freezing cold so could be matrix blocked - one for next weekend.

I have only filled up with water at the moment.

I have now down this twice3 after letting it cool down and top up with water

Stubs
as i thought the matrix pipe is blocked . did you feel the hoses as the car was warming up .i bet the top matrix hose was cold .. used a presure gun to blow the pipes on mine ,well my mate did as i aint got one .but still got just be an air lock ,you need to keep bleed and top up keep bleeding and top up.by the way air will enter the system is it filled up too fast ...
Old 9th May 2010, 22:09   #15
bl52krz
This is my second home

Rover 75 cdt club + Rover 2.5 KV6 Conni SE

Thanked 2,262 Times in 1,729 Posts

Quote:
Is flushing the radiator just a matter of removing the large hose top left and the large hose bottom right and feeding a hose pipe through the top hose, I've noticed it does not get very hot, the but the top hose is hot.

Stubs
most likely thermostat is staying shut (jammed).