Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 19th August 2018, 05:50   #11
Nantwich 75
Loves to post

Rover 75 Tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by trikey View Post
What annoys me is when Mums with children in a pushchair just turn rapidly and thrust the pushchair half into the road before checking that its clear.

They are normally busy chatting to their mate, totally oblivious to whats going on around them and the poor child gets put at risk.

And.. when they let kids run loose at the side of the road!
The comedian Dave Allen said the same thing about this in on of his shows.
Nantwich 75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th August 2018, 08:13   #12
rustymotor
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Tourer

I see this every single day and trust me the roads around here are super dangerous..if I took the time to remove the videos from the dash cam no one would believe what's on it. It's not just kids adults are the same just walk out in front of cars. Folk who don't bother stopping on zebra crossings simply accelerate over them even folk are halfway over, vehicles jumping traffic lights are another hazard. What is wrong with drivers these days?
rustymotor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th August 2018, 17:53   #13
Retrorob
Regular poster

Rover 75 Tourer

I used to be a school crossing patrol but did parents use me to cross safely with their children nope most parked their cars let the children out often on to the road and just walked or ran to other side to get to the school gates and did the reverse at end of the school day. In the end I quit did not seem much point in me being there.
Retrorob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th August 2018, 18:12   #14
Les4048
This is my second home

Rover 75 Tourer/ MG ZT-T 400

Thanked 1,523 Times in 869 Posts

Tell me why no one walks straight across a road quickly these days, nearly everyone saunters across at an angle therefore taking a longer route
Les4048 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th August 2018, 08:27   #15
AndyN01
This is my second home

Toyota RAV4

Thanked 1,579 Times in 968 Posts

IMHO this is part of a couple of much bigger issues:

1. Everything is someone else's fault and they can, therefore, be sued for compensation. Money is EVERYTHING (if it comes with "fame" even better)......

2. Youngsters are so wrapped in cotton wool that they don't develop the "risk/danger" awareness as they grow. Consequently they don't even see BIG danger because they've never been allowed to gain experience of small dangers and develop their skills in assessing risk.

If I fall off the slide as a toddler I hurt myself.....I start to learn that some things are painful.

If I walk into the road as a school child I could get life changing injuries which no amount of money will ever make up for. But, since I never got to fall off a slide as a toddler, I haven't got that connection.

I'm not suggesting we allow children to be exposed to massive risks but they need to learn and understand about danger and it's consequences.

As a motorcyclist I well remember the saying from a vastly experienced instructor - "It doesn't matter whose fault it was - it's you lying in the road, you suffering the pain and you living with the injuries."

Andy.
AndyN01 is offline   Reply With Quote