Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 20th July 2012, 14:59   #1
StaffK

Rover 75 CDT Tourer

Default Rover 75 CDT Tourer fuel pump mod

Right the dreaded in-tank pump has died, so aswell as finding the top prices & also the cheapies I`ve been told by an auto electrician they used a freelander TD4 pump & float arm modified, which fitted & worked better, has anyone else known of this please
StaffK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th July 2012, 16:49   #2
Rob Bell
Gets stuck in

ZT-T CDTi +

First I've heard of that one StaffK - but there are other options. When my car's in-tank pump failed, I replaced the actual pump within the standard housing: quite straightforward - and there are a couple of on-line tutorials that I found helpful

Other sources of pumps include, from memory, the Peugeot 406 diesel, but have a search through the archives here and you'll find quite a lot on this.

Back to the Freelander TD4 - well since that car uses the same engine as our cars, then the pump should be fine and up to specification. Whether you modify the Freelander assembly, or recover the pump and transfer it to the in-tank pump assembly in your Rover is up to you: which ever works best
Rob Bell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st July 2012, 21:04   #3
StaffK

Rover 75 CDT Tourer

Cheers Rob, I know this is gonna get me sighed or tutted at but to be honest I bought this car as a work horse & family car & when you see what goes wrong & the costs for the parts. My 1st rover & i think it`ll be my last. I`ve had it just over 2 months. Just 1 question with this been the pre-facelift I was told they`re not fully compatable for comp diagnosis is this true.
StaffK is offline   Reply With Quote